+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Stream Video to Your iCloud Photo Stream

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Default [Review] Stream Video to Your iCloud Photo Stream

Apple's Photo Stream only allows you to stream photos via iCloud.

As Apple introduced iCloud for the first time this year, they also showed us Photo Stream. The idea behind Photo Stream was that when you took a photo of any kind, it would be sent to iCloud and then pushed to all of your other devices so that you could view them on something other than the device that you took it on. You could see the photos on your iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Mac, and PC. No matter what device you took the photo with. Windows users can designate a specific folder to stream the photos to, while Mac users are condemned into using iPhoto or Aperature, which are paid applications (iPhoto comes for free with a new Mac). I see this as a downfall because Windows users can actually delete photos whereas Mac users cannot (without completely killing their Photo Stream and starting over). But, that's irrelevant.

So we know that Photo Stream can stream photos. Well, if you upgraded your iCloud storage, what else can you do with iCloud? Backing up your devices and using a photo stream isn't anywhere near enough data to fill up to 55GB of storage. Well, Apple had a backup plan with their cloud system. Developers are allowed to use iCloud for their applications. Thanks to this feature, one company has released an application that allows you to have a Video Stream.

The application is in the App Store for 99 and it's on sale for a limited time only. It's called Video Stream for iCloud and can be downloaded here. The application has been featured by Apple and Wired as the application that lets you upload video to your iCloud. From the app itself you can choose the quality of the video to upload (high/medium/low). Obviously, higher quality will take longer to upload. I recommend doing this over Wi-Fi only because of the nature of video media files to be large. Another thing to note is that the iPhone 4S has a 1080p camera, so video media files will be much larger than the iPhone 4's 720p camera. After you upload it, you can download it to the camera roll of any iDevice that has this application installed on it.

Name: Video Stream for iCloud
    Price: 99 (limited time)
    Developer: KendiTech
    Version: 1.0.1
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Are you interested in checking out this app? Share in the comments below!

Sources: MacStories
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-17-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This is cool and i'll definitely be buying it, but one thing said isn't entirely true, at least for me. It says "Windows users can actually delete photos." This isn't entirely true because while i can delete them from photo stream on my computer, it doesn't effect the photostream on any of the other devices at all. There's really no benefit what so ever.

Last edited by Aenima133; 11-17-2011 at 03:11 PM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    This is cool and i'll definitely be buying it, but one thing said isn't entirely true, at least for me. It says "Windows users can actually delete photos." This isn't entirely true because while i can delete them from photo stream on my computer, it doesn't effect the photostream on any of the other devices at all. There's really no benefit what so ever.
    Yeah. You can delete them from your folder. Us Mac users don't have the option to delete the photos from Aperture or iPhoto

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Yeah. You can delete them from your folder. Us Mac users don't have the option to delete the photos from Aperture or iPhoto
    I guess that sucks. I just wish when I deleted it from my folder, it would delete it from all of my photo streams. Apple needs to let you delete photos from photo stream. It's so stupid that you can't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    I guess that sucks. I just wish when I deleted it from my folder, it would delete it from all of my photo streams. Apple needs to let you delete photos from photo stream. It's so stupid that you can't.
    Agree +1
    Having to clear them all out or none at all sucks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The article says the app is on sale for $.99 as of Thursday, but right now, Friday noon central it is listed at $2.99. EMust have been a really limited time sale...

Update: I looked at the wrong "video stream" app. The one in the article is "Video stream for icloud" and it on sale for $ .99
    Last edited by Mg48; 11-18-2011 at 10:24 AM.