+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDevices Most Sought After 'Toys' by Kids This Holiday Season

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default iDevices Most Sought After 'Toys' by Kids This Holiday Season

I don't have the slightest clue how the iPhone would have been a practical "toy" to receive back when I was in the first grade. But, boy, have times changed it seems.

Based on the findings of a telling new survey from Nielsen, kids in the U.S. want iDevices like never before. Gone are the days of action figures and "Tickle Me Elmo" being the hottest must-have gifts. Now the little ones want iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads.

Astonishingly, 44% of kids between the ages of 6-12 want an iPad this Christmas. The iPod Touch and iPhone were the 2nd and 3rd most desired products among children in the study. Computers came in fourth with just 25% of kids in this age group wanting a desktop PC.

If you're thinking that more kids want an iPhone because the smartphone craze in general is widespread, think again. The percentage of children who want a non-iPhone smartphone is only 19%. Simply put, Apple's products are resonating with increasingly younger audiences every year.

"With so many products to choose from across both existing and emerging technologies, electronics are well-positioned to find their way onto shoppers’ lists again this season – and parents will clearly have some tough decisions to make as they weigh kids’ wants against their holiday budgets," the Nielsen report reads.

Source: Nielsen

Thanks
    Id buy my self an iPad before my 6 to 12 yo they'd probably break it with in a month or 2

Thanks

Last year I was able to scrounge a few iphone 3gs from people that were upgrading to the 4 for each of my three boys (10, 8 and 4 years old) Obviously don't have them connected to a phone service, but between movies/music/games, and netflix through the wi-fi at the house, they have been great for the kids. And yes, a year later, they are all in working order and not one of them has lost theirs yet. I have a sister-in-law that is 30 and she has lost or broken at least 3 phones in that time.

Thanks

All I had was tonka trucks and leggo's. It's true what they say, u never miss what u never had

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

Who would want to wish for a DS?

Thanks

Default any generous souls...
    For sure... If there are any generous souls out there, I would ask for an iDevice also.
    Anyone??? Anyone???

Oh well, was worth a shot

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Toys that kids want fro Xmas become more expensive every year. When I was a kid (not that long ago) I was happy to get a net of about $400 in presents. Now kids want a single item worth $600+. That's crazy...

Banned
    Thanks

what do they mean by "Kids" surely 8yr olds are not asking for iDevices, my 8yr old has an iPhone 4 but its last on his list of devices when he's playing games. Laptop>Galaxy S II>Galaxy Tab 10.1>iPhone 4 either way, the last thing he wants for xmas is any type of smart phone or tablet.