+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Minecraft Debuts on iOS!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The popular game, Minecraft, can now be played officially on an iOS device. Minecraft is a popular game for teens and adults alike. I admit; even I took a liking
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Minecraft Debuts on iOS!

The popular game, Minecraft, can now be played officially on an iOS device.

Minecraft is a popular game for teens and adults alike. I admit; even I took a liking for it at one point. I know that my cousin and numerous friends of mine liked it as well. In fact, I barely know anyone that doesn't know what Minecraft is. It's a game that allows you to build things all by yourself on a little block of land. You can dig, swim, and build. It's pretty addicting.

Minecraft for iOS comes in at a hefty $6.99 and can be downloaded from the App Store here. If you think that ten dollars is a lot of money, consider this. This game cannot be beaten. It only ends when your imagination does. That being said, it's longer than any console game, and less graphics intensive than a few well known iOS games (Modern Combat, Infinity Blade, etc.). It runs smoothly and has good touch controls. There was an unofficial release of Minecraft for iOS that you could download from an un-named source, however it lacked good support and servers were always down. With this official release, you can expect nothing less than working servers and a good game.

Have a happy Minecrafting Thursday! :)

Released: 17 November 2011
    Version: 0.1.2
    Size: 2.9 MB
    Language: English
    Seller: Mojang AB
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Will you be trying Minecraft for iOS? Share below!

Sources: Redmond Pie
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-17-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in the minority with this, I know, but I just don't see a point to this game. I've tries to play it (pc version) multiple times but I just can't get into it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

$9.99 ... WTF Last time I heard this pos game was in Beta. I see people playing at school and it seems dull, h0m0, and a waste of time. Not worth paying for it not to mention really crap graphics.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoldycheeze88 View Post
    $9.99 ... WTF Last time I heard this pos game was in Beta. I see people playing at school and it seems dull, h0m0, and a waste of time. Not worth paying for it not to mention really crap graphics.
    LOL

Thanks

This game is awesome and all you haters need to get some imagination.
    Can't stress that enough!

Thanks

This game is not about graphics at all, it's all about the gameplay which is addicting and pretty much infinite.
    Also, it's $6.99 now at US AppStore at least. Would have even grabbed it for 10 bucks, but at 7 bucks it's actually quite a good deal.

Thanks

I never saw the appeal in Minecraft... does that make me a bad person? :/

No but really, I understand this is quite the fad... I just don't get the intrinsic appeal. Then again, I was the child who didn't enjoy Legos or playing in the sandbox.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I never saw the appeal in Minecraft... does that make me a bad person? :/

No but really, I understand this is quite the fad... I just don't get the intrinsic appeal. Then again, I was the child who didn't enjoy Legos or playing in the sandbox.
    No it doesn't make you a bad person. People like different things. And at least you expressed your opinion without blatant trolling, I'd say that makes you a good person.

Banned
    Thanks

Wow, I just had a go at it and its pathetic. No animals or anything.
    Minecraft World Explorer is heaps better than this and thats crap also with no animals or anything but at least you can import your worlds from the PC verison, this one cant even do that. It's lame.
    It's way not worth $10. I'm not going to get it until its free as thats whats its worth.
    Go have a play of it before you actually pay for it and you'll quickly delete it like I did.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 11-17-2011 at 03:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Minecraft is one of the better games out there. Crap graphics mean nothing. Use some imagination and try to build something cool.
    The iOS version of minecraft appears to have creative mode only. I will probably download it anyways though.
    Better minecraft graphics: Minecraft - Bumpmapping Test (PC) (HD 1080p) - YouTube
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Played this on pc may try it out on phone but price kinda high. Maybe it will drop

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Wow, I just had a go at it and its pathetic. No animals or anything.
    Minecraft World Explorer is heaps better than this and thats crap also with no animals or anything but at least you can import your worlds from the PC verison, this one cant even do that. It's lame. ...
    I'm sorry, but you really are an idiot. What do you expect from the FIRST ever release to iOS??!!!
    There will surely be many updates to this game, just like on the computer.

And yeah, I think this game is good so far. You can even play online!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Anthony, thank you! I woulda missed this. I've been playing Crafted, which is the 2D clone. It pretty good, but I'm glad the real deal is out.

You da man!

EDIT: I'd wait... The price will probably drop for the PC release coming up. For now the app is very minimal and you can't craft, it's always daytime, and you can only have a set number of blocks out at once. Knowing Mojang, it will be up to speed in a few updates. He's a great dev.
    Last edited by Lombardo Joe; 11-17-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would mess around on it but the only application I have paid more than $1.99 for was Beejive since I continually need to be connected to different chat networks for work and my company.I would play around with this game if it was cheaper but I do not see the point and am the minority that just has not gotten hooked on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll admit, I thought the game was completely stupid. But my friend played non-stop, so I decided to hop on and give it a try. After 2-3 times of playing, I was hooked. You can blow s*** up, build mansions, destroy monsters, anything you want. It IS addicting. I can't wait to give this a try on my phone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't play, but I told my friends that do play about this and they freaked.

Thanks

you obviously don't know anything about this game lol

The graphics aren't 8 bit cuz the developer sucks... its because the game is more fun that way. Its like building your own world inside a mario game. And yeah the game is in beta but it runs amazing. also its 15 dollars now and unlimited free downloads later on.. and the developer always comes out with new things.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

People say this game is dull and pointless. Yes to some extent it is but it's a game where creativity is the key to have fun.

Thanks

Must download DDDDDHope they add creatures soon, minecraft isn't the same without creepers!