Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Updated for iOS 5.0.1

Threaded View

Default TinyUmbrella Updated for iOS 5.0.1

The firmware umbrella now works with iOS 5.0.1 blobs.

iOS 5.0.1 is the newest release from Apple which is said to fix battery problems for some users. Some however, claim that it does not do anything to fix the battery problem, some claim that it made the problems worse. Users were advised within minutes of the iOS 5.0.1 release to downgrade back to iOS 5.0 so that they can get their untethered jailbreak when it is released. As of this time, there is no way to downgrade back to iOS 5.0 if you are on iOS 5.0.1. This is because Apple is no longer signing the iOS 5.0 firmware. Only those who are on it still will be the happy ones.

In case you are still wondering how to save your SHSH blobs though, you can do so through the new update of TinyUmbrella. iPhone 4S users cannot use the SHSH blobs for anything special at all; but you will still be able to save your SHSH blobs locally if your heart still intends it. Who knows maybe they will be useful in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by TinyUmbrella
    Tentative iOS 5.0.1 Support
    Even though there is still no working solution for restoring 5.x on iPhone 4S I have released a 5.01.00 so you can at least save 5.0.1 SHSH. I have added tentative support for at least saving 5.0.1 SHSHs for iPhone 4S but as of now we are unable to use them fully.
    As soon as more information is available I will update.
    You can download TinyUmbrella for Mac OS X here.
    You can download TinyUmbrella for Windows here.

Sources: Cult of Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-15-2011 at 12:00 PM.