+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Updated for iOS 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious On the blog someone said that? do you have the name and time it was posted? I will correct that, it is wrong. sorry im sure
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    On the blog someone said that? do you have the name and time it was posted? I will correct that, it is wrong.
    sorry im sure i read it but cant find it anymore, maybe i was mistaken as i see a lot of people are being told that you can.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Open tiny umbrella, select advanced and deselect the box that says "Request SHSH from cydia". Then try saving 5.0.1 SHSH again.

No, we cant. The update is for people that want to save 5.0.1 SHSH. Even if they are not useful now someday a workaround may be found to be able to use them. Better to be safe then sorry.

That worked. Thank you.

Thanks

If I saw someone posting things like that I assure you it would have been corrected.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it is better to be safe than sorry

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

For all your 4s users out there, 5.0.1 would be a better choice for you. Why? Better battery life( but no guarantees). Tethered jailbreak I can live with, poor phone usage?definitely no!!!!
    So as long d you have your 5.0.1 SHSHblobs youd be fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, i have a quick question, are the blobs only useless (at the moment) for the 4S? or are they useless for everyone? Example: iPhone4 with saved blobs for 5.0, if you were to upgrade to 5.0.1 can you then downgrade using the blobs?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter926 View Post
    So, i have a quick question, are the blobs only useless (at the moment) for the 4S? or are they useless for everyone? Example: iPhone4 with saved blobs for 5.0, if you were to upgrade to 5.0.1 can you then downgrade using the blobs?
    They are useless for everyone right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucnepo View Post
    For all your 4s users out there, 5.0.1 would be a better choice for you. Why? Better battery life( but no guarantees). Tethered jailbreak I can live with, poor phone usage?definitely no!!!!
    So as long d you have your 5.0.1 SHSHblobs youd be fine.
    Who said there would be a tethered jailbreak for 4S? Usually that requires a bootrom exploit which there is none for iPhone 4S. So iPhone 4S will probably just get the one jailbreak on 5.0 for now.

Thanks

If I'm semi tethered on 5.0 already am I gonna need a fresh restore (which isn't possible atm) to have a clean untethered jb whenever it arrives? Will it patch the tethered jailbreak? Or is it too early to tell?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DnBKiD521 View Post
    If I'm semi tethered on 5.0 already am I gonna need a fresh restore (which isn't possible atm) to have a clean untethered jb whenever it arrives? Will it patch the tethered jailbreak? Or is it too early to tell?
    I would think and def hope that it'll patch the tethered, but I don't think it's known besides the devs that are creating it, I could be wrong. But with as many people that have tether JB their devices (due to the length of time it has been with no untethered exploit and the semi tether) I would hope that it will patch over the tethered. Also, I take some hint from pod2g that it'll patch over because he has informed others to stay on their 5.0 fw and not go to 5.0.1. I would think he would've informed everyone to restore to 5.0 (before 5.0.1 release) if on a tethered JB IF it in fact will not be patched. But you never know. If there is a solid answer to this I'd really like to know as well.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Um help I just ran this I'm on iOS5 not 5.0.1, iphone4s

I ran tinyUmbrella and it saved ssh for 5.0.1 but not for 5.0 which I'm running

Why didn't it save ssh for 5.0 ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Um help I just ran this I'm on iOS5 not 5.0.1, iphone4s

I ran tinyUmbrella and it saved ssh for 5.0.1 but not for 5.0 which I'm running

Why didn't it save ssh for 5.0 ??
    Read all the previous posts on this thread. It should help u out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have not updated to 5 or 5.01 on either iPad2 or iPhone 4. Am I not able to update to 5.0 when untethered jb is releasd on either device? This threadis a bit confusing to follow. Anyway some advice or recommendation would be helpful.Thx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

5.0 SHSH blobs are done with. Apple is not signing them anymore and no way of getting them now no matter what firmware you are on.

TinyUmbrella will only grab SHSH Blobs for the firmware that Apple is currently signing. Which is 5.0.1. So no you can't get your 5.0 ones even if you are on it. No you can't downgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.0 or upgrade from 4.x.x to 5.0 because Apple is not signing it anymore to allow you to do this.

With 5.0 Apple changed the way SHSH blobs are done and that is the issue being worked on now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (11-15-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DnBKiD521 View Post
    Read all the previous posts on this thread. It should help u out.
    If your gunna do that to me then quote the message your talking about next time, maybe I didn't read that one post at least I'm considerate when this happens

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    5.0 SHSH blobs are done with. Apple is not signing them anymore and no way of getting them now no matter what firmware you are on.

TinyUmbrella will only grab SHSH Blobs for the firmware that Apple is currently signing. Which is 5.0.1. So no you can't get your 5.0 ones even if you are on it. No you can't downgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.0 or upgrade from 4.x.x to 5.0 because Apple is not signing it anymore to allow you to do this.

With 5.0 Apple changed the way SHSH blobs are done and that is the issue being worked on now.
    So should I keep my iphone 4 on 4.3 then? That's what I have now.

Even last week when 5.0 was still being signed, I plugged into tiny umbrella, and 4.3 was the newest SHSH blob it let me save.

My Ipad 2 is staying on 4.3 indefinitely unless an untethered jailbreak comes out for it on 5.x/

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Yes keep it on 4.3.3 that's the only untethered jailbreak beside lower version out right now. Unless ya can live with a tethered jailbreak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    If your gunna do that to me then quote the message your talking about next time, maybe I didn't read that one post at least I'm considerate when this happens
    Yeah there were multiple posts telling you that u are only able to save shsh's for the current firmware that apple is signing. If apple isn't signing it, you can't save it. (unless u use ifaith to extract the shsh for the current firmware that you are on.) this only applies to 5.0 and beyond until a workaround is found to let us be able to jump between firmwares.......now, hope this helps get your panties out of a wad

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    So still being on 4.2.6 on my iphone and 4.3.3 on my ipad 2 im pretty much screwed as far as future untethered jailbreaks. Looks like I'll be living with semitethered.
    U can j/b ur iPad 2 with jailbreakme.com and it's untethered !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrad7526 View Post
    I have not updated to 5 or 5.01 on either iPad2 or iPhone 4. Am I not able to update to 5.0 when untethered jb is releasd on either device? This threadis a bit confusing to follow. Anyway some advice or recommendation would be helpful.Thx
    No, no, forget about 5.0 and u don't want 5.0.1 either. Just keep what u've got and wait until apple release 5.0.2 and hopefully the untethered j/b for 5.0 being work on now can also J/B 5.0.2 keep the fingers cross... Let's go dev team!!!!!
    Last edited by Neil001; 11-16-2011 at 07:53 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neil001 View Post
    U can j/b ur iPad 2 with jailbreakme.com and it's untethered !!

No, no, forget about 5.0 and u don't want 5.0.1 either. Just keep what u've got and wait until apple release 5.0.2 and hopefully the untethered j/b for 5.0 being work on now can also J/B 5.0.2 keep the fingers cross... Let's go dev team!!!!!
    Great help. I'll wait for 5.0.2 and hope the ujb works when it arrives.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123