Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Has Lowest User Complaint Ratio According to Better Business Bureau

Thanks

Default AT&T Has Lowest User Complaint Ratio According to Better Business Bureau

Out of the top four nationwide carriers in the United States, AT&T has the lowest ratio of Better Business Bureau complaints to customers over the past three years according to statistics released earlier this month. The BBB published data collected between August 2008 and July 2011 for the eight biggest wireless carriers in the U.S. The complaints for each carrier were compared against its approximate total subscriber count according to the CTIA as of July to determine the “complaint ratio.”

Of the four major U.S. carriers, AT&T had the best complaint ratio with 0.016% with just 15,178 complaints filed against the carrier over the three-year period. Now if you look at all carriers as a whole, the best rated carrier was a regional one named MetroPCS with just 997 complaints filed out of its 9 million subscriber base, which gives it a ratio of 0.011%.

According to the BBB, Verizon Wireless was the number two major carrier and fourth overall with a complaint ratio of 0.020% (with 20,876 complaints) and Sprint followed in the sixth spot with 0.044% (with 22,300 complaints). T-Mobile ended up with a complaint ratio of 0.078% with a grand total of 26,387 complaints; finding itself to be in the last place out of all the carriers.

Now it is important to note that there are probably several factors here and these numbers don’t reflect the carriers’ service either. These are just complaints specifically that have been brought to attention to the BBB and realistically, not everyone who complains about service actually goes to the BBB with it. Furthermore, according to a poll conducted by J.D. Power and Associates this past summer, Verizon Wireless has the best customer service with a score of 770 out of 1,000, with T-Mobile trailing behind with a score of 766, Sprint in third place with 752 points, and AT&T in last place with a score of 751 points.

I personally have been a long time AT&T user and have noticed periods of aggravation but the service seems to be getting better than before. I assume this is mainly due to the iPhone expanding to several networks as opposed to just AT&T’s network and I personally don’t mind as this allows me to take better use of my grandfathered unlimited data plan. Data and statistics like this may help users decide where to head in the future if unsatisfied with their current wireless carrier.

Which carrier do you use? Are you satisfied? Share your thoughts and experiences below!

Source: BGR via Better Business Bureau, PRNewsWire

At&t has lowest complaints? Now there's a shocker!!!

I've been with AT&T since 2002, and I've actually had great service with them. I realize they don't have the best service everywhere, but as far as customer service goes....they've always been helpful to me. They drop a lot of charges for me, gave me unlock codes to every phone I've asked them to, and have resolved every issue I've had to my satisfaction. I know not everyone has had the same experience, but mine have been great so far.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm an AT&T customer and I'm a manager in a service industry. At&t's service and complaint resolution is decent at the corporate level but horrific at the retail level.

I was with tmobile for two years and they really impressed me. In fact, I overpaid my last bill with them, and they've sent me a statement every month for two years after canceling, trying to give me a dollar and forty three cents back. This proves my overall opinion of tmo - great service but not very smart business decisions.

I met a CS rep trainer for Sprint's call centers and was deeply struck by the insights the gentleman had to offer in the service industry. This backs up my opinion of sprint - if the network is that crappy that tons of people complain, you'd better be good at complaint resolution or you'll have ZERO customers.

its not really comment to this article, but its more of a news.. So i spotted that apple is upgrading support site: http://www.shrani.si/f/2u/JG/4CYVSgm...11-11-13-a.png

They have always been good to me. I left Verizon due to issues every month. Have never regretted it. Had data connection issues over the course of a few months. Once AT&T figured out the issue after replacing every phone on my account, new sim cards, etc. I was issued a $200.00 credit for my trouble. Couldn't be happier with AT&T.

I think they got a lot of bad rep over the past few years. Mainly due to people choosing a phone over service. People went with the iPhone, then griped about AT&T's service. When they should have gone with a carrier that provided service in their area . A small town just south of me Verizon customers get no service. Just north of me AT&T gets no service. These are small communities. It just shows no provider covers every area. Pick the best in your area.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Started with at&t in 97' only left for 6mths to Cingular about 6mths before the merger(still have the same cell #). That was due to continuous dropped calls. Biggest complaint i have is cost overall and the spotty coverage we still get here in ok data/service. I'm grandfathered unlimited data so not changing anything anytime soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Shocking
    My latest theme - -

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Not so shocking, Verizon and others have Iphone and that has been the biggest pool of whiners
    Iphone Upgrades
    Iphone service issues

AT&T is so Iphone centric that Upgrade options always say "Iphone upgrade ......."

Verizon's complaints are higher than AT&T........Why? The AT&T whiners left for them last year and found out that the grass in browner on Verizon....................

I stayed with AT&T and my wife just got her first free Iphone............Awesome

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

That's because we've learned that AT&T isn't going to do a single thing about our problems anyways.

I've had nothing but trouble with AT&T. I could run down a list of issues that I've had but I really don't feel like listing them all. But the main one that irritates me the most is for 3 years now I've been dealing with them to fix my caller ID issue. When I call somebody it shows up MATT BROWN ( who isn't me ). I have changed my number twice to see if that would fix the issue, well, it did for about 24 hours each time and then the next day it would show up as MATT BROWN again. Then I was constantly having issues with getting charged for data overages all the time even though I'm grandfathered into unlimited data. So come to find out for some reason my account is mixed up (same account number) with this Matt Brown so I get all of his overages WHILE he gets my unlimited data, texting, and minutes. So I pay out the rear for my plan and then on top of that I've been paying his overages bills while he gets unlimited everything for some 49.99 plan! THE SAD THING IS, IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND A HALF (since they figured out what the problems is NOT when the issue first started) AND I STILL HAVE TO HAVE MY SECRETARY CALL EVERY MONTH TO GET IT STRAIGHTENED OUT. GOOD OL AT&T JUST SITS ON THEIR ***'s AND HASN'T FIXED IT YET!
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 11-13-2011 at 08:34 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

MYPHONEI (11-13-2011)

How much they pay you to talk about ATT

What can BBB do anyway? And how many successful cases if ATT customer report to BBB?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Fact is, even with all the issues I'd rather have AT&T service here in Chicago than say sprint. I have sprint/Nextel phones with the two way for my employees and the actual phone part NEVER works. They work great out in Michigan (where I originally started my business) and the sprint air cards Worked great but here in Chicago they don't even work. It's sad because it's frigging Chicago. So like I said AT&T is the best overall service IMO here in Chicago. But their support and customer service is just plain horrible. And seriously, how many people actually call the BBB anymore? It's not like they're going to shutdown a mogul like AT&T. In some areas they're a monopoly.

I've had AT&T for 7 years, and my mother has since it was prev Cingular and also before that bell. I have never had an issue with AT&T. My service has been spotty in some areas but never have had "No Service". Anytime I have a question about anything on my bill they correct right awayno issues.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not shocked at all. AT&T is far from flawless, but their major competitors are far more flawed than AT&T is.

I've been using T-Mobile for the last three years, and I've experienced only two, maybe three actual problems with the service. And for the last year, I've been using an unlocked, three year old, iPhone 3G and have hardly had a problem. (Aside from a sufficient lack of R.A.M. on my phone to use cool tweaks and such) XP

Cause their users can't get thru...

Haha it's true. I don't even bother calling att

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bish0p34 View Post
    I've been with AT&T since 2002, and I've actually had great service with them. I realize they don't have the best service everywhere, but as far as customer service goes....they've always been helpful to me. They drop a lot of charges for me, gave me unlock codes to every phone I've asked them to, and have resolved every issue I've had to my satisfaction. I know not everyone has had the same experience, but mine have been great so far.
    Same here.

Thanks

Service sucks at times but customer service is great in my experience.

@poetikly it sickens me that they could not straighten that out for you bro. Pisses me off just hearing about it. Hope it works out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast