+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: [Review] Blueprint 3D for iPhone and iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 760 Posts

Default [Review] Blueprint 3D for iPhone and iPod touch

Blueprint 3D is an addicting new game by FDG Entertainment.

Are you looking for a game that reminds you of Angry Birds but doesn't have anywhere near the same game play? It may remind you of Angry Birds because of the way that the levels are set up. There are new levels that you can unlock by beating the old levels, and then a number of sub-levels in each level. This game also requires strategy and brainpower to play. No, there won't be any birds to fling but you get to work around in a 3D space moving a blueprint around until you figure out what it is. Confusing? We'll cover it in more depth below.

The game starts with the level screen. Here you can pick the level that you want to play. The game has a tutorial level built in that will show you what you have to do to play. It will go through what you need to do to rotate the blueprint around in 3D space. After you beat the tutorial, you will see a long list of levels (7 to be exact), which contain 36 sub levels each. As the game comes out with updates, new levels are added similarly to the way Angry Birds gets new levels added periodically. So this game will keep you playing for a while:

Main Levels:

Sub-Levels:

So when you tap on level one to start the game, you are brought to the game where you can rotate a blueprint in 3D space. Since the blueprint is scrambled in three dimension, your goal is to rotate the blueprint until the real picture comes into focus. When you start to see something come together, you can let go from rotating the blueprint and if you're lucky, the game will give you a hint to which direction to spin the blueprint to beat the level. It looks something like this:

Completely Scrambled: (What could it be?)

Rotated Along the Horizontal Axis:

Rotated a Little Further: (You can see the hint that I was talking about.)

So now you can just grab the little handle that's labeled, "top" and drag it to the top:

Blueprint 3D is available on the App Store today under the Featured tab of the App Store. Or you can search, "Blueprint 3D" in the search bar to find it. There is also an iPad version called, "Blueprint 3D HD" which is the same concept with a larger screen. If you ever get stumped on a level, you can buy in-app purchases for solutions. The pricing scale is 99 for 5 solutions and $1.99 for 15 solutions. Blueprint 3D also supports GameCenter so that you can compete with friends for best times and most amount of stars earned.

Blueprint 3D (iPhone and iPod touch)
    Price: 99
    Author: FDG Entertainment
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    You can download it here.

Blueprint 3D HD (iPad only)
    Price: $2.99
    Author: FDG Entertainment
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    You can download it here.

If you plan on grabbing this awesome game while it's hot, leave a comment below!

Sources: Thomas Kern; FDG Entertainment

Thanks

I've been playing this lately, it's different than anything else, pretty fun too.

Thanks
    So this is basically a puzzle taken to a whole new level? Looks kinda fun though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

amazing game, new concept and the price is really cheap compared to the value you are getting. totally recommended

Green Apple
    Thanks

its a good game, i downloaded it after seeing it and its quite good, can be challenging to solve the puzzles quickly, some you just stare for ages

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Thanks. Just downloaded an after 30 mins I like it.

Thanks

New apps come out all the time, and new games. I'm just wondering what makes this one so special it makes it into News?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    New apps come out all the time, and new games. I'm just wondering what makes this one so special it makes it into News?
    I liked this one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I liked this one.
    It's great that you share - I'm sure lots of people will enjoy, but shouldn't it be in Apple AppStore App Discussion rather than 'News'?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

It's great that you share - I'm sure lots of people will enjoy, but shouldn't it be in Apple AppStore App Discussion rather than 'News'?
    I categorized this article as, "Review" not, "News" on the published version. But I wrote up this game because it's new.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Addicted this game i find that its easier when u look for the words and get them upright first.

Thanks

That looks pretty slick. Anthony, have you played Tiny Wings? It is pretty much my fave game of all time, and I think it deserves some exposure or something...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    That looks pretty slick. Anthony, have you played Tiny Wings? It is pretty much my fave game of all time, and I think it deserves some exposure or something...
    Hmm yeah but it's pretty old.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Kickback from the developer?

Looks pretty interesting. I won't buy it but others should have fun.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just finished the game thus far cant wait 4 more levels

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Bought the game right after I read this article. Heard about it a couple of days ago and was 50/50 on it, but now I'm sold.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Wow. Now mmi is doing game reviews? No wonder I don't come here more often.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I categorized this article as, "Review" not, "News" on the published version. But I wrote up this game because it's new.
    You did, indeed tag as Review, not news - and I hope you don't think I am criticising you in any way, but it appeared in the 'News' forum - not the reviews forum.

While, for me, this is a minor inconvenience, others (see post above mine for an example) don't like it. The tags are obviously not putting it in the right forum - not your fault, but can you have a word with the powers that be to see if it can go to the right forum based on the tags? Or is that just not possible?

Thanks
    Yep I also finished the game then went back and got 3 stars on every one Now we just have to wait for more new levels
    Quote Originally Posted by CelJZolanski View Post
    Just finished the game thus far cant wait 4 more levels