+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WeeSearch Pro Now Available [GIVEAWAY]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
WeeSearch has gone pro (literally). See what's new and awesome about it. A few weeks ago, ModMyi went through two rounds of Free Notification Center Widgets that were recently released.
    Thanks

Default WeeSearch Pro Now Available [GIVEAWAY]

WeeSearch has gone pro (literally). See what's new and awesome about it.

A few weeks ago, ModMyi went through two rounds of Free Notification Center Widgets that were recently released. Due to the Notification Center being a hot topic at this point, it is inevitable that a ton of widgets will be releasing in the near future. Those particular days when ModMyi reported the releases were the largest days in terms of widget releases thus far.

One in particular, WeeSearch, is now available in a pro version and adds a lot more really cool features. In the article Free Notification Center Widget Round-Up: Round 2, the only concern I personally had with this tweak was that it lacked search engines (as it only had three previously). The developer took this to heart and really stepped up his game with the release of WeeSearch Pro. WeeSearch Pro was just released to Cydia, so let's go in-depth and find out what's new between the free version and the pro version.

Note: To enable any widgets for the Notification Center, go to Settings -> Notifications -> X to enable or disable.

First and foremost, the number of search engines available has jumped a ton. Before, you were only able to utilize Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia. Now, you have 10 new search engines at your disposal. The full list is below (excluding the above):
    • Google Pics
    • Yahoo
    • Amazon
    • eBay
    • Dictionary
    • Wolfram Alpha
    • Bing
    On top of adding these new search engines, you're now able to add your own search engine networks. From the settings, which is available on the second page of the widget in the Notification Center (swipe left), you can simply hit "Edit" and then the "+" button on the far right to add your own custom URL and name for that URL. Nifty.

Second, WeeSearch also has a mini browser housed conveniently in the Notification Center. If you enable this toggle in settings and search from within the tweak, a browser comes up above the Notification Center, without taking you out of the shade and into Safari. This mini browser applies for all the networks above as well as any custom ones you add.

Third, you can set the language as well set the TLD (top level domain - i.e. .com, .biz, .org, etc.) for the tweak. Clear on search and a slim view toggle is also available in the settings section.

Lastly, many of the bugs and reports that users sent in to the developer have been fixed so it runs much better than before. The new interface it has looks nicer as well with the Notification Center shade.

I don't know about you, but I think this is a huge step-up from the previous version. The developer, Jonas Gessner, did an excellent job incorporating new things as well as fixing various bugs that people had. He did mention that the free version of WeeSearch will still be available, but will no longer be updated.

You can download WeeSearch Pro now right from Cydia. It's compatible on all iOS 5 devices and is only $1.49.

Name: WeeSearch Pro
    Author: Jonas Gessner
    Version: 1.1
    Price: $1.49

You have an opportunity to win one of five copies from our giveaway, courtesy of the developer Jonas Gessner. Here's how you can enter:

Twitter:
    • Follow @ModMyi
    • Follow @joshmtucker
    • Tweet from the site or retweet off of ModMyi's Twitter feed with "Win a copy of WeeSearch Pro." You must include your Cydia Account number and a link to article. Make sure to mention me as well (@joshmtucker).
    Comment:
    • Comment on this article with one way you think WeeSearch Pro could be improved.
    • Include your Cydia Account Number in the comment
    The winners will be chosen either today or tomorrow. You will be notified whether you've won or not.

What are your thoughts? Think WeeSearch Pro is a huge step-up from the previous version? Post your thoughts below!
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 11-11-2011 at 07:24 PM.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

I think WeeSearch Pro could be improved if there were settings to toggle on/off the search engines. Also, I would like to see the search icon disappear. 1252257

Thanks

Definitely a nice setup and the price is great. Win win for me 896973

iPhone? More like MyPhone andrewb283's Avatar
    Thanks

I think there should be an option to open links in safari from the mini browser if this is not already included. 640791

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Wow it's a massive upgrade from the original. It's great when devs take on suggestions and improve the apps/tweaks. It took me a long time to think of an improvement but I think space in the NC is highly valuable so instead of having the list of search engines under the search bar, I would move them to the left. So you swipe the search bar to the right to see them. Much the same as swiping to the right in SB settings to see your RAM usage etc. 1603877

Edit: Doh' just re-reading the article and noticed that you swipe already to get custom search engines installed but I would either add the preinstalled engines onto that menu or maybe swipe in the other direction. Or even have the preinstalled engines in a swipe between the settings and the search, so settings requires two swipes.
    Last edited by KraXik; 11-11-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Wow it's a massive upgrade from the original. It's great when devs take on suggestions and improve the apps/tweaks. It took me a long time to think of an improvement but I think space in the NC is highly valuable so instead of having the list of search engines under the search bar, I would move them to the left. So you swipe the search bar to the right to see them. Much the same as swiping to the right in SB settings to see your RAM usage etc. 1603877

Edit: Doh' just re-reading the article and noticed that you swipe already to get custom search engines installed but I would either add the preinstalled engines onto that menu or maybe swipe in the other direction. Or even have the preinstalled engines in a swipe between the settings and the search, so settings requires two swipes.
    Actually, you just swipe once and all the buttons are there. The info/settings button, as well as the name of the developer and such. It cycles through so if you continue to swipe, it will bring you back to the search page.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys please check & re edit the post since there are few copy paste issues left...Ex : I think it should be WeeSearchPro instead of SBSwitcher
    Twitter:Follow @ModMyiFollow @joshmtuckerTweet from the site or retweet off of ModMyi's Twitter feed with "Win a copy of SBSwitcher." You must include your Cydia Account number, a link to article, as well as mention me (@joshmtucker).Comment:Comment on this article with one way you think SBSwitcher could be improved.Include your Cydia Account Number in the comment

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tupac19861013 View Post
    Guys please check & re edit the post since there are few copy paste issues left...Ex : I think it should be WeeSearchPro instead of SBSwitcher
    This is super odd - one other person reported this to me and I double checked. The last time I edited it was just now but before that, it was 2 hours ago. From my view, it says it right. Really really odd. Try clearing cache?
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 11-11-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    Actually, you just swipe once and all the buttons are there. The info/settings button, as well as the name of the developer and such. It cycles through so if you continue to swipe, it will bring you back to the search page.
    Yeah that's good but I would move the buttons under the search bar to a swipe page. Free up the hot real estate in the NC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tupac19861013 View Post
    It looks fine to me. Odd.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is the clock included? I like the twitter integration. I have purchased the pro version but I dont see the clock.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GhStRdR2k View Post
    Is the clock included? I like the twitter integration. I have purchased the pro version but I dont see the clock.
    No that is part of IntelliscreenX

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Do you have to activate twitter for it to show?

Also where is Messages+? *waits patiently*

Thanks

Do you have to activate twitter for it to show?

Also where is Messages+? *waits patiently*
    I'm not too sure what you mean by that.

Thanks

Oh, lol. Didnt realize I needed to turn on the ISX ticker. Oops

Thanks

I'm not too sure what you mean by that.
    Lol sorry it's very late here. I have IntelliscreenX but I don't have that clock. Is it enabled through the twitter settings as I see Josh's tweet next to it?

Also I heard it was integrating with messages+ sometime this week but nothing so far...

Thanks

Lol sorry it's very late here. I have IntelliscreenX but I don't have that clock. Is it enabled through the twitter settings as I see Josh's tweet next to it?

Also I heard it was integrating with messages+ sometime this week but nothing so far...
    Yeah - it's still in private beta. A lot of bugs came up so they wanted to make sure everything was fixed prior to a public beta release.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    Yeah - it's still in private beta. A lot of bugs came up so they wanted to make sure everything was fixed prior to a public beta release.
    Thanks

Thanks

I'd be great if it was integrated in Safari (with a button in the bottom bar) and you could add your new search engines right from there.

Cydia Number: 264547

PS: I also see "SBSwitcher". I tweeted both, just in case!

Thanks

Weesearch Pro doesn't play well with IntelliscreenX (crashed into safe mode) and if you have a passcode defined, it's pretty much useless. I contacted the author and his solution was to quit using a passcode. I quit using Weesearch instead.