+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Claro Getting the iPhone 4S: $99 Each With 2 Year Contract

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Claro has begun selling the iPhone 4S! Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon. This is what America had to choose from. This is the history of iPhone 4S cellular options. Today, however
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Claro Getting the iPhone 4S: $99 Each With 2 Year Contract

Claro has begun selling the iPhone 4S!

Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon. This is what America had to choose from. This is the history of iPhone 4S cellular options. Today, however two new companies are getting the iPhone 4S. Who? One was C Spire and the oher is Claro. Claro is outside of the 50 United States, and supports parts of Mexico, Puerto Rico, and other Central American locations. Puerto Rico is technically U.S. territory, and for that, this means Claro is the fifth U.S. carrier to get the iPhone 4S! T-Mobile, are you feeling the burn yet?

Currently, only Puerto Rican Claro subscribers will be able to purchase the iPhone 4S, not other Central American subscribers. But here is a little surprise; the iPhone 4S will only cost $99 for the 16GB version with a two-year contract. That's $100 cheaper than you will find on any carrier in the 50 United States! They are also selling the iPhone 4 with 8GB of memory (the downgraded model that Apple offers on Sprint as well) for $49 with a two-year contract. That makes you wonder – how expensive are the cellular plans?

The cellular plans are actually pretty low. Actually, very low, when compared with AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. Cellular plans at Claro with the two-year contract and the 16GB iPhone 4S are between around $65-85 per month. With the $65 plan at 250MB of data and the $85 plan at unlimited data. Wow. Unlimited data. Wouldn't some of us just kill for that? And the price is absolutely unbeatable!

You can also buy unlocked iPhone's on Claro's network however they come with a price that is $20 more each than the US standard price. So the unlocked iPhone 4S 16GB here would be $649.99 while for Claro the same phone is $669.99. So it's a little more costly to buy the unlocked iPhone 4S in Puerto Rico, however it might be a really good investment to just go with the contract version; it's only $99 and brings some of the cheapest cellular plans I've ever seen which include unlimited data. Getting the same iPhones in the 50 United States are easily cost double or triple per month what they cost on Claro's network.

So who's going to be moving to Puerto Rico this weekend to get the iPhone 4S? Share in the comments below!

Sources: Claro Puerto Rico via 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-11-2011 at 10:53 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

I have iPhone 4 with unlimited data and I pay just around 89 dollars a month... Not much better then mine. 

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
    I have iPhone 4 with unlimited data and I pay just around 89 dollars a month... Not much better then mine. 
    I think that's only for data right? Claro has unlimited everything for $85.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Jeeeez. That's so cheap. $85 for unlimited everything and $99 for an iPhone 4s? That's crazy. But how's their service? lol.

One was C Spire and the oher is Claro. Both companies are outside of the 50 United States
    Wait..How is C Spire outside the US? It's a southern US based phone company....
    Last edited by Aenima133; 11-11-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    Jeeeez. That's so cheap. $85 for unlimited everything and $99 for an iPhone 4s? That's crazy. But how's their service? lol.

Wait..How is C Spire outside the US? It's a southern US based phone company....
    Sorry I had a bit of a brain fart while writing this. I fixed it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Sorry I had a bit of a brain fart while writing this. I fixed it
    Lol, it's all good. Just confused. Lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wonder what their early termination fee is? I only saw one thing online that said their early termination fee is $200 but it was from 2010. If that's true then I could buy an Iphone 4S for $99, then cancel and pay the $200 cancellation fee and then I would stick my current AT&T SIM card into my new Iphone 4S. Best case scenario is that I would have a new Iphone 4S for $300 Thoughts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel350 View Post
    I wonder what their early termination fee is? I only saw one thing online that said their early termination fee is $200 but it was from 2010. If that's true then I could buy an Iphone 4S for $99, then cancel and pay the $200 cancellation fee and then I would stick my current AT&T SIM card into my new Iphone 4S. Best case scenario is that I would have a new Iphone 4S for $300 Thoughts?

Yes u will have a iphone 4s for 300 but locket to claro, lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I think that's only for data right? Claro has unlimited everything for $85.
    Unlimited texting and i don't go over my mins either.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adebeci View Post
    Yes u will have a iphone 4s for 300 but locket to claro, lol
    Being locked wont be an issue since all I will do is jailbreak it and then unlock the phone myself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel350 View Post
    Being locked wont be an issue since all I will do is jailbreak it and then unlock the phone myself.
    There isn't a jailbreak for the iPhone 4S yet. Even more rare – unlock for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChSchuldiner View Post
    There isn't a jailbreak for the iPhone 4S yet. Even more rare unlock for it.
    The 4S has already been jailbroken, it's only a matter of time until the Jailbreak is released to the public.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I pay $ 43.50 with tax for unlimited minutes , unlimited national and international message and unlimited 3g data on straigth talk (att network) how about that? 

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dennys View Post
    I pay $ 43.50 with tax for unlimited minutes , unlimited national and international message and unlimited 3g data on straigth talk (att network) how about that? 
    Did I mention that Claro doesn't throttle?

Thanks

For an iPhone??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes sr for iphone 4s straigth talk use att tower same network

Thanks

Yes sr for iphone 4s straigth talk use att tower same network
    Sick bro!

Green Apple
    Thanks

We gave 3 iPhones... 2- ip4, 1- 3GS
    The 2-ip4 gave unlimited data...
    The 3GS is the highest they offer... Whatever it is...
    And 2 dumb phones..
    Unlimited family text..
    Unlimited mobile to mobile
    250 month??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Aenima133;6300628]Jeeeez. That's so cheap. $85 for unlimited everything and $99 for an iPhone 4s? That's crazy. But how's their service? lol.

Its not that great!!! Im from puerto rico and i dont like claro one bit and from what ive heard it aint that fast! Had a friend how had a 3gs unlocked on claro and most of the time it wouldnt get the 3G speed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yesterday I switched to Sprint after God knows how long from T-mobile. I finally went from the 1st gen 5 year old iphone to 4s....talking about a quantum leap...LOL!!! I got Sprint's $79 per month plan which gives 450 anytime minute, free calls from 7pm to 7am, free weekends, unlimited texting and true unlimited data. Also the Sprints iphones are unlocked. I just couldn't wait any longer for the iphone 5 with the bigger screen and 4g. I'm actually very happy with sprint's 3g speeds. I'm getting 2mbs down. I'm now patiently waiting for that damn jailbreak. So far I'm luv'n the 4s except for the battery life which truly and utterly sucks, I guess 3g really drains the battery fast.
    Last edited by swifty7; 11-12-2011 at 01:45 AM.