Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Selling Unlocked iPhone 4Ss, Sprint Begins SIM-Locking New iPhone 4Ss

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I thought this thread was about unlocked phones being sold in the USA not about the British tax system?
    You wouldn't tell from your posts

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are the unlocked Phones so expensive? I think at this cost is why unlocking them is so hard in US, its to artificially make them cost so much

Sometimes I think we need a huge consumer group, org that will go after these companies and sue them over these issues
    Unlocking should happen after 24 months of ownership

Default Sprint Phone Activation Dilemma! PLEASE READ!!
    So, I need a little clarification. I bought the iPhone Sprint 4S before 11/11, but opened the seal and tried to activate it on 11/13. (Btw, I am not in the US) The phone does not activate with the international SIM. When I put the Sprint Sim Card (what came with the phone) it activates! and I see the normal home screen. When I replace the sim with my local Sim. Same problem. Goes back to Grey activations Screen! What the Hell! I am reading reports that Sprint phones shipped before 11/11 will not face this problem. But I think it ought to say activate regardless of when it was bought. Anyone have the same problem, please share some light!

I'm not sure if it's cheaper or what but i paid € 299 for a 4S and monthly of €40 on o2 in rep of ireland. Best thing bout it is... got it unlocked on the very next day... Hows tat for an unlocked iphone 4S!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naveednafees View Post
    So, I need a little clarification. I bought the iPhone Sprint 4S before 11/11, but opened the seal and tried to activate it on 11/13. (Btw, I am not in the US) The phone does not activate with the international SIM. When I put the Sprint Sim Card (what came with the phone) it activates! and I see the normal home screen. When I replace the sim with my local Sim. Same problem. Goes back to Grey activations Screen! What the Hell! I am reading reports that Sprint phones shipped before 11/11 will not face this problem. But I think it ought to say activate regardless of when it was bought. Anyone have the same problem, please share some light!

I'm pretty confident that it was phones activated before 11/11/11.

Guys, I need information where and if its possible to buy sim free Iphone 4s in New York Apple stores directly. I have friend who is right now in New York and he cannot wait for online shipping, so is there any store which sells sim free Iphone 4s in the store ? He has been in one store and they told him that only he can buy online with shipping between 1-2 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12