+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Get a Cool Windows Theme for iPhone and iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Giveaway] Get a Cool Windows Theme for iPhone and iPod Touch

With this theme you can get a Window's like UI to trick your friends!

What? Windows on an iPhone? No way! Let me see!...How did you do that?

With this theme you can trick your friends into thinking that you have Windows installed on your iPhone. The GUI isn't perfect, but it's close and it resembles Windows pretty well from how the Windows look to how the task bar looks. This theme has some internal customizations that you can choose from. It's made by Max Nedorezov and works with DreamBoard which is a free theming application available in Cydia. This is a theme, so there's not too much to dig into – you can see just what it looks like from the image. But I will show you some of the internal customizations:

First of all, tapping on the Apps folder on the desktop shows you a window with all of your apps in them. You can close the window by tapping the [X] as you would on the real Windows desktop:

Another cool thing you can do is change your wallpaper, there are quite a few to choose from:

On top of all of that, the Start Menu is fully functional and houses some of your apps and shortcuts to settings:

Last but not least, there is also a Windows Sidebar that you can enable. It has working widgets for social networking and a clock:

The theme is actually in two versions. For devices with retina displays, it's called Windows Vista HD. For devices with standard displays, it's called Windows Vista SD. This theme is not compatible with the iPad at all. The theme is pretty cool looking among other themes.

The Cydia description:
    This is the best DreamBoard theme for your iDevice. You will always forget that you are on it.

The features include: lockscreen, wallpaper switcher, startmenu, profile picture switcher in the start menu, many folders, task bar, 2 all app grids, uses less than 10mb of ram and many more.

This theme also comes with 12 wallpapers that you would not want to miss out on. It is fully functional. Recommended for retina devices.

I would like to give special thanks for my beta testers- -Moose0704 -noelbob.
    You can pick up Windows Vista HD/SD in Cydia from the zodttd repo today!

Price: $2.99
    Developer: Mr__Russian (Max Nedorezov)
    Version: 1.2
    iOS 5 Compatibility: Full
    Editor's Rating:  3/5

I spoke with Max Nedorezov directly to learn a little bit about him and his motivation behind making this theme:

Anthony: In a paragraph or two, tell us a little about yourself.
    Max: Well, my name is Max Nedorezov (Mr. Russian). I'm 14 years old and I'm a freshman in high school. I live in Sacramento, California but I was born in Russia and I have lived in the US almost 13 years. Recently I bought a MacBook Pro and I am learning Objective-C.

Anthony: What was your motivation behind making this theme? Was there a cool story behind it?
    Max: My motivation was the fact that I wanted to buy a MacBook Pro and it seemed interesting for me to learn a coding language. It actually took me 4 months to make this theme and I made it during the summer; mostly. This was my first theme.

Anthony: What got you into DreamBoard theming?
    Max: I got into it at the beginning of the DreamBoard release. I was amazed at how you could finally not just theme the UI but the actual layout of your iPhone. So I decided to make a theme for it which no one thought of or made yet, Windows Vista!

Anthony: Are you working on any updates for your theme?
    Max: I am working on trying to make the windows move around like on the OS X Lion DreamBoard theme. Also, if anyone thinks of anything that could be useful, they could email me or tell me on twitter (@Mr__Russian). I am open for suggestions. Also, I plan on porting the theme for iPad but I don't have an iPad which I could test it on which is a problem. I'm saving up money to buy one so I can make more amazing themes.

Anthony: What else have you designed or are planning to design?

Max: In the beginning I made a simple boot logo for the iPhone (you can find it on Cydia by searching for, "colored apple boot logo"), I also made various things like, "keyboard tock sound", "doodlejump keyboard sound", and "assorted angry birds keyboard sounds" which you could all find on Cydia. At that time I was learning how themeing worked and stuff like that. Like I said, I am always open for suggestions and I plan on designing more things that come to my mind or your mind.

The Giveaway!

Max Nedorezov was generous enough to offer TEN copies of Windows Vista HD (or) SD.

*IMPORTANT*
    You will need to tell me in your tweet if you have a retina display or not so that I can tell Max which version to give you!
    *IMPORTANT*

Here's how to win:

Follow me @Geop0x
    Follow ModMyi @modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet – if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @Geop0x so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "Win a copy of Windows Vista DreamBoard theme for iPhone!"

Winners will be announced on Friday, November 11.

Sources: Max Nedorezov

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice will check it out

Thanks

Looks slick!
    I also really like the kindle fire dream board theme.
    Mmaboi21

Green Apple
    Thanks

the horrid

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Pretty sure Windows Vista is almost 5 years old (pre iPhone). Couldn't the developer have gone with Windows 8 which actually is a bit nicer? Especially the taskbar, way more friendly to resemble a dock Nice work, though.

Thanks

It looks sick
    Great Job mr Russian

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice theme! twitted @mrtax2005 https://twitter.com/#!/mrtax2005/sta...89247181254656 NO RETINA! :-( THK

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

niceeee what I need to writ in the cydia search to find it?

edit: never mind I find it
    Last edited by iphoner123; 11-11-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

It looks sick

Thanks

I have never had a windows and I think that Macs are better and apple made the iPhone and that runs on apple software so to me a windows theme is junk.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by transam7816 View Post
    the horrid
    k´mon apple still with the same themes for a Century is time to change!!!!!
    Live Wire

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Or, you could get Aero, it's basically the same as this except it's windows 7

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by transam7816 View Post
    the horrid
    Live Wire

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrrtps View Post
    Well...since Apple's OS has worked seamlessly for a century, why would they change it? Windows is constantly changing because they need to...not simply for the sake of change.

I do believe this interface is pretty slick though...I may check it out.

Thanks

Keep em coming mr. Bouchard I'll keep in tweeting! Thanks!