View Poll Results: Have you noticed any changes in iOS 5.0.1?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah it fixed the issue.

4 25.00%
  • No it didn't fix the issue.

2 12.50%
  • I don't know, I didn't upgrade.

10 62.50%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.0.1 Apparently Not Fixing Battery Issue for Some

Default iOS 5.0.1 Apparently Not Fixing Battery Issue for Some

Apple rolled out iOS 5.0.1 today to fix battery problems.

This morning, Apple released iOS 5.0.1 to fix the battery issue that users had been complaining about since upgrading to iOS 5. The fix apparently didn't work for numerous people. Apple's support forums were flooded with complaints saying that the update did nothing to fix the battery problem. The volume of users reporting the problem is undeniable proof that the update didn't do much to fix the dilemma. As of this moment, iOS 5.0 is still being signed and I personally recommend downgrading back to iOS 5.0 so that you will be able to have the untethered jailbreak when it is out. iOS 5.0.1 fixed numerous exploits that jailbreakers could have taken advantage of. Earlier in the week we reported on how Pod2g warned us not to update because of those exploit fixes.

Below is a screenshot of some consecutive complaints about iOS 5.0.1:

So with iOS 5.0.1 having sketchy support for battery problems and plugging up many potential jailbreak exploits, why upgrade? I would say just stay on iOS 5.0 until the untethered jailbreak rides its way out of the garage. It's coming we just don't know when. iPhone 4S users who don't even have a jailbreak yet are also advised to stay on iOS 5.0 because if a jailbreak does surface, there are more exploits in iOS 5.0 than iOS 5.0.1 and anything that Apple will release in the future. If you don't plan on jailbreaking at all, then disregard iOS 5.0.1. It looks like this update was a failed attempt to update the battery problem and it would be a waste of time to install.

Take a moment to answer the poll and leave a comment below!

Sources: 9to5Mac

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Have they really had long enough to test?!

Funny if the forum users all had Sammy's IP address on them

Untethered jailbreak FTW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Have they really had long enough to test?!

Funny if the forum users all had Sammy's IP address on them
    Well I tested it after upgrading and it sucked but the thing is that after restoring my phone to a clean restore only then my battery issue was fixed...
    I remember an apple representative tell me that battery issues stay on the phone after it has been upgraded but erased from the software after it has been clean restored.. Worked for me try it out!

Of course the battery issue still exists, Crapple hasn't changed the way their crappy wannabe multitasking works! Only people who don't have battery issues are the ones who have Jailbroken phones and have multitasking tweaked or disabled!

Quote Originally Posted by jaypcool View Post
    Well I tested it after upgrading and it sucked but the thing is that after restoring my phone to a clean restore only then my battery issue was fixed...
    I remember an apple representative tell me that battery issues stay on the phone after it has been upgraded but erased from the software after it has been clean restored.. Worked for me try it out!
    couldnt agree more with you. people wont listen though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know what's this fuss about. 5.0, 5.0.1b1, 5.0.1b2 didn't do anything for me and many of my friends.

All we did was we started as a new iPhone. NO RESTORING! Use IDrive Lite from AppStore to backup-restore your contacts. Best free solution!
    I'm talking about several iPhone 4 and 4Ss...
    Last edited by zYxMa; 11-10-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Ok so seeing as they are still signing ios5.0 i upgraded again, my question is....should we disable icloud because will icloud automatically update to ios5.1???

I Upgraded my ip4 to ios 5.0.1 and after 25 min of wifi usage I only lost 1% that's way better than it was.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    Of course the battery issue still exists, Crapple hasn't changed the way their crappy wannabe multitasking works! Only people who don't have battery issues are the ones who have Jailbroken phones and have multitasking tweaked or disabled!
    I don't know where to start pointing out how wrong you are. So it's the iPhone 4s with battery issues which doesn't have a jailbrake. So it would be nice to know how they have disabled it? Anyway, multitasking is fine. I have it running in my NC too!

What about a restore from the cloud? Are issues carried over from the cloud?

So I wanna do a fresh install of 5.0 on my 4s cause it's been acting a little weird lately. Is it too late to accomplish this tonight? Has anyone confirmed if apple is still signing 5.0?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hey Anthony - You might want to remove the line about a poll from your article.

]I have a iPhone 4s running 5,0 I have a iPhone 4 running 5.0.1 and I have a 3GS running 5.0 no batterie problems

No problems what so ever other then I want my 4s jailbroken some body make it happen!!
    Last edited by Happy363; 11-10-2011 at 06:06 PM.

I'm still on 4.3.3... With untethered jailbreak.. Is it worth going to 5.0 seeing as I can still get it?

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    So I wanna do a fresh install of 5.0 on my 4s cause it's been acting a little weird lately. Is it too late to accomplish this tonight? Has anyone confirmed if apple is still signing 5.0?
    Ive just updated to ios5 so yeah they are still signing 5 upto now

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

I am wondering if Comex is behind the scene fixing all these exploits , getting paid by apple which could have been used for jailbreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
    I'm still on 4.3.3... With untethered jailbreak.. Is it worth going to 5.0 seeing as I can still get it?
    If you have 4.3.3 blob saved, then you should restore to 5.0, you can always go back to custom 4.3.3 . Does it sound logical ?

Quote Originally Posted by c14rlf View Post
    Ive just updated to ios5 so yeah they are still signing 5 upto now
    You should be fine, apple doesn't stop signing right away. It will be a couple of days before they sign off.
    Last edited by iYeow; 11-10-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I don't know where to start pointing out how wrong you are. So it's the iPhone 4s with battery issues which doesn't have a jailbrake. So it would be nice to know how they have disabled it? Anyway, multitasking is fine. I have it running in my NC too!
    First off WTF is a jailBRAKE? Second off where did I say that they DISABLED IT? I said that they NEED TO DISABLE IT because its CRAP plain and simple. Anyone with half a brain can tell you that! Only a moron fanboy/fangirl would say otherwise. I mean honestly what kinda person with half a brain would think that Crapple's multitasking isn't a complete joke? Leaving EVERY SINGLE APP OPEN is not multitasking, it's called RETARDED!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    First off WTF is a jailBRAKE? Second off where did I say that they DISABLED IT? I said that they NEED TO DISABLE IT because its CRAP plain and simple. Anyone with half a brain can tell you that! Only a moron fanboy/fangirl would say otherwise. I mean honestly what kinda person with half a brain would think that Crapple's multitasking isn't a complete joke? Leaving EVERY SINGLE APP OPEN is not multitasking, it's called RETARDED!
    I'll just say you are very close to "crossing the line". Take a breathe and calm down please.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

metaserph (11-11-2011)

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I If you have 4.3.3 blob saved, then you should restore to 5.0, you can always go back to custom 4.3.3 . Does it sound logical ?
    If you upgrade, but then downgrade, you will not be able to restore your settings to your latest iOS 5 backup. Because the iOS 4.3.3 will be older than the iOS 5 backup and will not work.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast