View Poll Results: Have you noticed any changes in iOS 5.0.1?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah it fixed the issue.

4 25.00%
  • No it didn't fix the issue.

2 12.50%
  • I don't know, I didn't upgrade.

10 62.50%
+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.0.1 Apparently Not Fixing Battery Issue for Some

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone To the AUTHOR of this post....Anthony.... You have hi-jacked your own post. I like the fact that you communicate with the users of this forum, and
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    To the AUTHOR of this post....Anthony....

You have hi-jacked your own post. I like the fact that you communicate with the users of this forum, and generally enjoy your articles.....But constantly arguing with them and saying you are right and they are wrong, even going as far as correcting someone's opinion of what they believe the definition of slander is...is going a bit overboard.

I don't think it should be mine, or anyone else's place to tell a contributing author of this site, especially on his own post.....To PLEASE stay on topic!

This thread sucks now!
    Lol it's fine I will never hold a grudge. If it stays in this thread and doesn't elevate to others then I'm not too worried!

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Guy's why are you dragging this out? That Ikillyou guy is a troll and a douche. Who cares if he's right or wrong. Move on.
    Because some of us actually work in the computer industry, and ignorant assumptions about how things work are generally a source of problems. When some of us see staff writers for this site spouting things that are wrong in such an obvious manner, we feel the need to provide correct information in the hope that fewer people get confused with nonsense. It is a bit disappointing that people don't actually care if staff writers are right or wrong, and just blindly support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    This is incorrect. Slander exists on more forms than speech. The phrase internet slander exists because people can communicate online just as they can in person. If I hadn't been asked to research this topic by my professor for an assignment a while back I might have agreed with you. But I hold my stand there.
    While it's true slander can exist in more forms than speech, the defining characteristic is that it's a transient or fleeting communication, not recorded and published. The word you were looking for was "libel". Just google "internet slander" and any of the top 10 hits should help clear things up. There are parts of the world where defamation is a very serious charge. I just figured if you were going to accuse someone of it, you should at least use the right term.
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    Because some of us actually work in the computer industry, and ignorant assumptions about how things work are generally a source of problems. When some of us see staff writers for this site spouting things that are wrong in such an obvious manner, we feel the need to provide correct information in the hope that fewer people get confused with nonsense.
    Bit hypocritical of yourself. Continual needless arguing over petty differences in ones understanding of a words definition will only serve to confuse more onlookers.

Life's too short.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

Because some of us actually work in the computer industry, and ignorant assumptions about how things work are generally a source of problems. When some of us see staff writers for this site spouting things that are wrong in such an obvious manner, we feel the need to provide correct information in the hope that fewer people get confused with nonsense. It is a bit disappointing that people don't actually care if staff writers are right or wrong, and just blindly support them.

While it's true slander can exist in more forms than speech, the defining characteristic is that it's a transient or fleeting communication, not recorded and published. The word you were looking for was "libel". Just google "internet slander" and any of the top 10 hits should help clear things up. There are parts of the world where defamation is a very serious charge. I just figured if you were going to accuse someone of it, you should at least use the right term.
    Oh my god stop beating a dead horse. You're not being funny.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes there's another term that could have been used. Yes you're right. It's still slander through and through. I appreciate your conservative approach instead of simply trying to cause a provocative war.

Everyone: Enough of the fighting. This is a news site. While I may have misinformed or misguided some information to some of you, calling out to people as if they aren't people themselves; rather calling them stupid in a sense is wrong and will not be stood for on this site. If something that I have said is wrong, you can simply inform me instead of attacking me with 2-3 paragraphs telling me how I am ignorant and need to research every little thing. You are a member of ModMyi and have as much right as I do to contribute to the comments of this thread. End the fighting now or a Mod will be involved soon.

Thanks

Wow wtf? This went way off topic. Anyways, yesterday my battery was draining at 1% every few minutes. Last night I let my battery drain completely, I did a full charge. Today I've been up since 730am for work and I've used it most of the day and with the ipod on, wifi, Bluetooth etc and as of right now 530pm I'm at 73%! I don't know if I just got lucky and draining the battery did it for me. Everyone should try it at least to see if it works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    Kinda curious I'm on 4.3.3 and wondering how I would be able to update to 5.0 and not 5.0.1
    5.0 is not being signed anymore

Thanks

Can anyone know if 4s will come with 5.0 or 5.01 as getting 4s on pre order

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't have as much of an issue as some reports here regarding poor battery performance, but I upgraded anyway, now my 4s has improved by a long way. Battery usage is now superb.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    Can anyone know if 4s will come with 5.0 or 5.01 as getting 4s on pre order
    Our 3gs we got 2 days ago had the 5.0 on it and it was from AT&T old stock
    my guess it depends where it comes from, if it comes from Apple then your probably going to have 5.01

BTW 5.0 did not Jailbreak right I had a loop of reboot
    Had no choice yesterday but update to 5.01 and it worked better with JB and I installed semi tether patch
    all is working well

Honestly I see little difference
    if the baseband is updated your screwed anyway can't downgrade from 5.0 to anything if the baseband is upgraded

Thanks

[QUOTE=MYPHONEI;6302586]Our 3gs we got 2 days ago had the 5.0 on it and it was from AT&T old stock
    my guess it depends where it comes from, if it comes from Apple then your probably going to

Thanks for your reply

Thanks
    Anyone ealse have problems downloading apps over wifi it says it's loading but it never does switch to 3G and it loads right up. A new 5.0.1 bug had no prob on 5.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    Anyone ealse have problems downloading apps over wifi it says it's loading but it never does switch to 3G and it loads right up. A new 5.0.1 bug had no prob on 5.0
    No I have 5.0.1 on both my 3gs and 4 been DL on wifif all weekend on both

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
    No I have 5.0.1 on both my 3gs and 4 been DL on wifif all weekend on both
    I might do a full restore and see if that fixes it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    Yeah im on 5.0 and wifi seems to disappear and only way to get it back is a reboot!! Apps take forever also when on wifi.

I dont think we can do a restore now can we seeing as apple have stopped signing 5.0, only restore you can do is goto 5.0.1 unless i am mistaken???

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456