View Poll Results: Have you noticed any changes in iOS 5.0.1?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah it fixed the issue.

4 25.00%
  • No it didn't fix the issue.

2 12.50%
  • I don't know, I didn't upgrade.

10 62.50%
+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.0.1 Apparently Not Fixing Battery Issue for Some

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Oh no. help me.
    Thanks

Oh no. help me.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks

Anyone know if apple are still signing iOS 5?

Green Apple
    Thanks

on any thread i posted my question, nobody has answered. Now I heard on another forum (where pple actually reply) that Apple has stopped signing.....
    Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a iphone 4 32gig with iOS 5 if I go back to my 4.3.3 untethered can I go back to my iOS 5 I used Snowbreeze to install custom IPSW TO PRESERVE BASEBAND ? But didnt launch CYDIA after jailbreak so I could use iPhone like untethered I can reboot anytime I want know computer .

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hel22 View Post
    on any thread i posted my question, nobody has answered. Now I heard on another forum (where pple actually reply) that Apple has stopped signing.....
    Thanks.
    Try putting iDevice into DFU mode then (alt-click) "Restore" and select a downloaded 5.0 ipsw. I did this last night and got 5.0. Heres a video I made showing the 3002 error then putting iDevice into DFU mode and restoring to 5.0!
    Last edited by Krak4211; 11-11-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks but i guess that wouldnt work since Apple still signed last night but this morning not..
    And i got error code 11...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hel22 View Post
    Thanks but i guess that wouldnt work since Apple still signed last night but this morning not..
    And i got error code 11...
    Did you try DFU, (alt-click) Restore to downloaded 5.0 IPSW? I would like to know thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krak4211 View Post
    Try putting iDevice into DFU mode then (alt-click) "Restore" and select a downloaded 5.0 ipsw. I did this last night and got 5.0. Heres a video I made showing the 3002 error then putting iDevice into DFU mode and restoring to 5.0!
    Ya I upgraded and downgraded with iOS 4 and up to Beta 7 on iOS 5 just wasn't sure if official iOS 5 not being signed would be different since tiny umbrella not letting you save them

Did you try DFU, (alt-click) Restore to downloaded 5.0 IPSW? I would like to know thanks!
    Haven't upgraded to 5.0.1 cause I wasn't sure I could go back to iOS 5 after if I didn't like 5.0.1 for jailbreak reasons

I have downgraded ios5 beta 7 to 4.3.3 untethered jb no prob but without tiny umbrella not sure about 5.0.1 does IFAITH WORK FOR SAVING IOS 5 blobs
    Last edited by Yosemitysam10; 11-11-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did DFU but then got another error code but then some weird things were scrolling down my screen, until it said giving up so i opened TU and unplugged phone, plugged back in, and it got back to normal on iOS 4.3.3

Alt click restore? I did shift click restore. A difference?

What is error code 11?? I didnt see it on itunes??
    Last edited by hel22; 11-11-2011 at 08:01 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was not having battery issues as much as other people. Decided to upgrade anyways... Regret it because now my battery life is actually WORSE than the stock OS

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    In order to downgrade to 5.0 while it is still being signed you need to have it pointing to Apple's servers.
    I am actually upgrading, not downgrading (from 4.3.3 to 5.0). I rechecked my hosts file, and it actually was pointed at Apple, I deleted this line, and Apples servers signed 5.0, and let me upgrade to 5.0 from 4.3.3. At least I believe they did, since it did install. Yay!

Only problem is...once I got 5.0 installed, and tried saving my SHSH Blobs, using tiny umbrella, and Cydia, neither would work. I find this strange since I was able to get 5.0 installed no more then 20 minutes before. Is it possible Apple stopped signing 5.0 in this short time frame? Or could it be something else that is not allowing me to save my 5.0 SHSH Blobs?

I'm happy I at least got to 5.0, just scary not having the blobs.

Has anyone been able to save 5.0 blobs today? 11-11-11? Sounds like a good date to release a untethered jailbreak if they have one ready!
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I don't know where to start pointing out how wrong you are. So it's the iPhone 4s with battery issues which doesn't have a jailbrake. So it would be nice to know how they have disabled it? Anyway, multitasking is fine. I have it running in my NC too!
    It's not ONLY the iPhone 4S. I've had battery problems since updating to the iOS 5 on my iPod. I noticed the difference on the first day of having iOS 5.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    Ohhhh my god are you serious right now?? Hibernation does NOT use battery life! Hibernation is exactly the same as turning your computer off except when you power back on Windows will pick up right where you left off. You can put a laptop in hibernation and remove the battery for any amount of time and when you power back up Windows will still be right where you left off. Apparently you been a MAC fanboy for so long you have no idea how PC's work. Perhaps you should read up over on the Wiki before you continue to make yourself look like an idiot.

Hibernation (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Man and you're a staff writer for this site?? hahahaha wow no wonder your members are so obtuse! Then again I guess simple people are needed for such a simple site
    You have no idea how wrong you are; and using Wikipedia for a source, you should be ashamed. In order to write to the hard disk drive from the RAM, the hard disk drive must be spinning and the RAM must be powered. So it will continue to use power as long as it needs to dump that memory. To back up my point, that is post-clicking hibernation mode. So it's all part of the process.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-11-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks

Updated to ios 5.0.1 and my battery is drainning like crazy just playing music from the music app wtf! Need to downgrade to ios 5. Anyone know if apple is still signing iOS 5? thanks! This is rediculous!!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,198 Times in 6,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    Updated to ios 5.0.1 and my battery is drainning like crazy just playing music from the music app wtf! Need to downgrade to ios 5. Anyone know if apple is still signing iOS 5? thanks! This is rediculous!!
    They are not signing it anymore I believe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    They are not signing it anymore I believe.
    That was fast lol. Unfortunate to those stuck on iOS 5.0.1. MuscleNerd confirmed that the untether will only be for iOS 5.0 for now.

Thanks

Sure was fast. Apple usually gives a couple days or so. Not this time it seems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Sure was fast. Apple usually gives a couple days or so. Not this time it seems.
    They must be really adamant on killing the jailbreak as fast as it comes out.

Thanks

Yup, seems that way
    Good thing I went back to 5.0 last night

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    They must be really adamant on killing the jailbreak as fast as it comes out.
    And this is why the dev team shouldn't be releasing jailbreaks for beta software.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings