View Poll Results: Have you noticed any changes in iOS 5.0.1?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah it fixed the issue.

4 25.00%
  • No it didn't fix the issue.

2 12.50%
  • I don't know, I didn't upgrade.

10 62.50%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.0.1 Apparently Not Fixing Battery Issue for Some

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I'll just say you are very close to "crossing the line". Take a breathe and calm down please.
    I should know! lol. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I am wondering if Comex is behind the scene fixing all these exploits , getting paid by apple which could have been used for jailbreaks.

If you have 4.3.3 blob saved, then you should restore to 5.0, you can always go back to custom 4.3.3 . Does it sound logical ?

You should be fine, apple doesn't stop signing right away. It will be a couple of days before they sign off.

Where can I download the 5.0 at because iTunes shows 5.0.1

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    If you upgrade, but then downgrade, you will not be able to restore your settings to your latest iOS 5 backup. Because the iOS 4.3.3 will be older than the iOS 5 backup and will not work.
    really??? because I jus upgraded to 5 from 4.3.3 and i restored my backup from 4.3.3 and it worked fine

For me iOS 5 has lost it's novelty for now, my gf updated to 5.0 and it's done little to impress neither her nor myself. I'm staying on 4.2.1 untethered until all of the kinks with 5.x are sorted out, I'm guessing that I'll be updating to 5.x probably April-ish time going on past history

Thanks

FYI I just restored to 5.0. Looks like apple is still signing as of 8:00 pm eastern.

Quote Originally Posted by c14rlf View Post
    really??? because I jus upgraded to 5 from 4.3.3 and i restored my backup from 4.3.3 and it worked fine
    He meant that if you are on 4.3.3 you can't use your 5.0 backup.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Really.Of course you can upgrade and restore from your old 4.3.3 backup, but you can't downgrade to iOS 4.3.3 and restore to your iOS 5 backup as I said earlier.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

If your backed up to your computer you can downgrade and back up from a newer firmware backup by doing this I just done it. I had 5.0.1 b2 on my iPhone 4S and downgraded to 5.0 so I didn't lose my jailbreak then I had to manually adjust my iTunes backup on my Computer from 5.0.1 to 5.0 then it would restore the newer backup to my 5.0 firmware. If your using iCloud for your backup that is fine I am also, Plug your iphone into your computer and open iTunes now on the left hand side of iTunes click your iphone that is connect that you wish to backup and right click on it and backup. Now you will have a current backup on iCloud and on your computer via iTunes. Now you need to unhide system folders, google it if you don't know how. and follow this tut to adjust your iTunes backup to go on older firmware:

I discovered that restoring from a backup was not possible due to the software being too old on my iphone.

so here is the answer.... This Example Is For all iphones (5.0.1 to 5.0 or whatever how to restore backup)

1. Navigate to your itunes iphone backup folder (WIN7- C > USERS > "ME" > APPDATA > ROAMING > APPLECOMPUTER > MOBILESYNC > BACKUP ***some of these folders may be hidden btw)

2. Find the most recent backup, this reflects the backup in itunes with no date

3. Theres a bunch of strings/files here, scroll down to info.plist

4. Open it in notepad

5. Near the begining, fined these two strings...

Product Version 5.0.1

Build Version 9A404

--The value after the versions will differ depending on what version you were last on when you backup up, I'm assuming it was 4.0, though this method should work retrospectively and for future updates.

6. Now change these values to reflect your current setup e.g.

Product Version 5.0 or what ever version of firmware you restoring to

Build Version 9A334or what ever version of firmware you restoring to

7. If itunes was open, it will still not recognis the backup, so restart itunes.

8. Backup should work fine now!
    Last edited by p1mpdog1; 11-10-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    First off WTF is a jailBRAKE? Second off where did I say that they DISABLED IT? I said that they NEED TO DISABLE IT because its CRAP plain and simple. Anyone with half a brain can tell you that! Only a moron fanboy/fangirl would say otherwise. I mean honestly what kinda person with half a brain would think that Crapple's multitasking isn't a complete joke? Leaving EVERY SINGLE APP OPEN is not multitasking, it's called RETARDED!
    Immataure much?

Really.Of course you can upgrade and restore from your old 4.3.3 backup, but you can't downgrade to iOS 4.3.3 and restore to your iOS 5 backup as I said earlier.
    sorry misunerstood

restore your phone completely to 5.0.1 dont upgrade to 5.0.1 you should be good worked for me at least

I had a feeling this was gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    restore your phone completely to 5.0.1 dont upgrade to 5.0.1 you should be good worked for me at least
    HuH? still looking to download the 5.0 firmware.. any ideas? have searched..

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
    HuH? still looking to download the 5.0 firmware.. any ideas? have searched..
    look at the top "DOWNLOADS" then "FIRMWARES" you will find all there to download

look at the top "DOWNLOADS" then "FIRMWARES" you will find all there to download

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    I Upgraded my ip4 to ios 5.0.1 and after 25 min of wifi usage I only lost 1% that's way better than it was.
    thats really awesome because on my 3gs it is 2% per minute wifi surfing

Thanks
    Thanked 2,755 Times in 2,645 Posts

If you upgrade, but then downgrade, you will not be able to restore your settings to your latest iOS 5 backup. Because the iOS 4.3.3 will be older than the iOS 5 backup and will not work.
    I know what you are saying . If you follow this method , you can use the 4.3.3 backup restore if you decide to downgrade
    Here we go :
    Restore to iOS 5 and setup as a new iphone under a different name, same name is fine too as iTunes will include a date stamp on your backup .
    Your 4.3.3 backup is left untouch, so when you downgrade , you can setup as a backup restore .

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya 5.0.1 is a joke. The standby battery life is horrible.

I need to do a clean restore.

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    First off WTF is a jailBRAKE? Second off where did I say that they DISABLED IT? I said that they NEED TO DISABLE IT because its CRAP plain and simple. Anyone with half a brain can tell you that! Only a moron fanboy/fangirl would say otherwise. I mean honestly what kinda person with half a brain would think that Crapple's multitasking isn't a complete joke? Leaving EVERY SINGLE APP OPEN is not multitasking, it's called RETARDED!
    Your kidding right? I don't think you understand the multitasking in iOS. It DOESNT leave every single app open. It puts them into standby state that doesn't use battery. You must be joking.. the MAIN POINT of iOS multitasking is that apps aren't left open like in other OSes like Android, they are frozen until you need them. Thats smart, we dont need those apps to be open in the background on a phone. Unless its music, which does play in the background, there is no need to have an app open. Not even in a game, where you would probably pause it before you left the app. Please actually do some research before going on a rant about things like this. And also, don't call anyone stupid or "half brained" before doing the work yourself, it will often make you seem the same.

And to wrap it up that^ = battery preserver, not a battery killer
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by spooneditr View Post
    Where can I download the 5.0 at because iTunes shows 5.0.1

Firmware - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I know what you are saying . If you follow this method , you can use the 4.3.3 backup restore if you decide to downgrade
    Here we go :
    Restore to iOS 5 and setup as a new iphone under a different name, same name is fine too as iTunes will include a date stamp on your backup .
    Your 4.3.3 backup is left untouch, so when you downgrade , you can setup as a backup restore .
    I like this idea.... Hmmm I shall do
    that

Thanks tried to download it but having satellite at house sucks! Gonna download it at the shop tomorrow morning and install it.
    Last edited by spooneditr; 11-10-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast