+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Make Better Use of Your iPhone's Pixels With FullScreen for Safari

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Let's face it, mobile screens are small; small screens have few pixels and they should be conserved. The beloved developer, Yllier , has another tweak up his sleeve! This one
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Giveaway] Make Better Use of Your iPhone's Pixels With FullScreen for Safari

Let's face it, mobile screens are small; small screens have few pixels and they should be conserved.

The beloved developer, Yllier, has another tweak up his sleeve! This one is called FullScreen for Safari and it has been fully updated to work with iOS 5. Essentially, FullScreen for Safari is self explanatory in that it allows you to use Safari in full screen. But that's not all it does, it even goes a step further and lets you use gestures to navigate through Web Pages! So this little tweak is like Mac OS X Lion Safari in your pocket. FullScreen for Safari does not just automatically work; you have to toggle it on an off by double-tapping the Web Page that you are viewing. This gives you full control over when you can use full screen or not. Like all of Yllier's tweaks and apps, it offers deep configuration and customization so that you as the user can be content with how it works. Let's take a look at how some of the settings work. Below is the main settings window for FullScreen for Safari in the Settings app:

The first group of settings includes the ability to set your browser gestures. If you own a multi-touch Mac and you use Safari, you'll notice that when you move your fingers in certain gestures and finger combinations, Safari does things. These are called multi-touch gestures. You can do things like go forward and back, or scroll. Well FullScreen Safari aims to bring these features to the iPhone and iPod touch by allowing you to set a myriad of gestures. To name a few, you can set gestures for refreshing a page, moving forward and back, and even toggle full screen mode on and off. There are extensive options for using these features such as holding down, shaking the device, using 2-3 finger swipes, and more. Below is a screenshot of all of the gesture settings you have to choose from:

The other setting in the first group has to do with a built-in action popup menu. It works similarly to the ActionMenu in Cydia, however this is a menu built specifically for this tweak made for Safari only. So it's not a rip-off by any means. The function of this menu is that it brings up a menu of options for actions in the Safari Browser. It looks like this:

Options Group:
    Under the options group of the main settings window you can choose to start Safari up in full screen mode. So if you close Safari and open it back up, full screen will automatically be full screen and you can toggle it off by double tapping the Web Page. You can also choose to keep the status bar at the top of the screen if you are in full screen mode. This may be helpful if you still want to see your battery percentage, signal, and time. Normally, the status bar is hidden under full screen conditions. The transparent button bar makes it so that you can keep your button bar however it will be transparent so that you can still see the Web Page that you are viewing. So it's like looking through a pane of glass to see your Web Page. Vibrate + Wiggle if gesture fails means that if you enter an invalid gesture, FullScreen for Safari will notify you. Vibrate of course only works on the iPhone. However you can use the wiggle feature which works a lot like when you log into a Mac with the incorrect password. You know how it wiggles when you enter the wrong password? This is similar to that. The popup theme has to do with the action popup menu discussed earlier. There are more options than just blue. You can play with those themes yourselves!

You can pick up FullScreen for Safari in Cydia from the BigBoss repo today!

Price: $2.19
    Developer: Yllier
    Version: 1.30
    iOS 5 Compatibility: Full
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Getting in contact with Yllier, I was able to learn a little more about the motivation behind the tweak and some information about it:

Anthony: What was your motivation for making this tweak?
    Yllier: Apple's MobileSafari is still my favorite browser; mainly because it is faster than other internet browsers in the App Store and because there is this fabulous tweak called Safari Download Manager. But many other users and I were missing some features like a full screen mode and cool gestures. So I made that happen. FullScreen for Safari might not be the best name for this tweak because the coolest part of it would be the new gestures. It's fun switching between pages by swiping with two fingers left and right or creating a bookmark via a triple tap. Many different actions can be assigned to gestures.

Anthony: Does FullScreen for Safari work with iOS 5?
    Yllier: It's fully compatible with iOS 5.

Anthony: Are you planning any major updates for FullScreen Safari in the future?
    Yllier: No plans here, but if I get good suggestions for new features I'll be happy to include them. I'm planning to add more actions from time to time.

The Giveaway!

Yllier was generous enough to offer FIVE copies of FullScreen for Safari.

Good luck to all of you! If you like FullScreen for Safari, leave a comment telling us how it could be improved with your Twitter handle included in the comments to improve your chances of winning!

Here's how to win:

Follow me @Geop0x
    Follow ModMyi @modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet – if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @Geop0x so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "Win a copy of FullScreen for Safari for iPhone or iPod touch!"

Winners will be announced on Thursday, November 10.

Sources: Yllier
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-10-2011 at 07:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

ChSchuldiner (11-10-2011)

Thanks

I like it it's pretty cool two thumbs-up

Thanks

Maybe the gestures could be customized by more directions to operate more actions.https://twitter.com/#!/Commandor

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great app!

Twitted @mrtax2005

https://twitter.com/#!/mrtax2005/sta...10341077700608

:-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love this tweak just because it makes browsing to the best experiance ever, cheers to the hard work the dev has put in.....Frankly Yiller, this tweak has nothing to improve, already it's @ the peak of what it does the best, simply just cheers to u buddy....!!!

My twitter acc : @tupac19861013

My Cydia Acc #1202888

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

This tweak is so awesome! I already have it. Keep up the awesome giveaways!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great tweak! i see that it has the 2 finger scroll up! That's a great addition! My twitter acc : Theman9361 Twitter

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys realize that there's no point in leaving your Twitter handles if you don't follow the directions? lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

One thing I like about this is the easy-to-understand menu and options. I hate apps with complicated menu options.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Excellent tweak. I plan on buying this.One thing though, this is the third post in a row about a tweak that has this line above the details:"You can pick up Firewall IP in Cydia from the BigBoss repo today!" - copy/paste issue

Thanks

Frankly Yiller, this tweak has nothing to improve
    A lot of them are used for things like mathematical modelling of climate change, objects in space moving around another etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 186 Posts

Does anyone realise that it says "Winners will be announced on Thursday, November 10." when it was posted today?

Banned
    Thanks

I already have it, great !