+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile Turns Data on For Smartphones Without Plans, Users Hit With Huge Data Charges

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iBwizzle I don't feel sorry for any if you suckers in a contract that are dealing with this issue! Stop relying on subsidize phones and contracts! Give
...
  1. #41
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    I don't feel sorry for any if you suckers in a contract that are dealing with this issue! Stop relying on subsidize phones and contracts! Give the damn carriers a real reason to compete!!!
    Haha. Nice try bud! I haven't been under contract for over 3 years, cause I've purchased our own iPhones. Can you please tell me how the heck T-Mobile subsidizes iPhones, when they don't even offer them? ;-). That's how I'm able to have 5 lines through them for about $125/mo. No contract! No subsidizing!

  2. #42
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Belinda from T-Mobile has called me back 2 times now, telling me she's been "monitoring" my account, to ensure that their erroneous charges are going to post to my bill. At least I finally got to someone around there who knows what Customer Service is. ;-)

  3. #43
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I fully agree why should I not be able to buy an iPhone 4S for me or my kids and not have the chance to choose whether I add data kids don't need full Internet access while out I should have a choice when I fork out $400.00 or $500 on each phone i should have a choice what I do with it the kids love them because they have everything they need on them I shouldn't have to pay another $100 a month for data after shelling out $1500.00 in phones because of pure greed by these companies the laws need to be changed to protect consumers it's fine for these young people with no kids or living at home still they can do it but try paying all utilities food gas etc. while a phone company tries to hose you unwillingly
    Last edited by Yosemitysam10; 11-17-2011 at 01:38 PM.

  4. #44
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    What I don't understand is the narrow-mindedness of people who think like you! NO COMPANY SHOULD MAKE DATA MANDATORY! It should be your choice. If I choose to use my iphone or any smartphone without data plans for whatever reason I have it should be nobody's business except my own. LOTS of people have wi-fi wherever they are and do NOT NEED DATA! I have wi-fi everywhere except in my car. I don't need data in my car... yet ATT insists I pay for a data plan... that is just plain wrong!
    Simple then do not use a smart phone
    Oh and use a candle at home to light your room..........Don't watch TV and if you do do not have Cable or Satellite..... go to work on a horse........ use a manual typewriter while your at it.

    You see its people who think and act like this I do not understand either, If you want a smart phone then understand part of the main function is based on the web,

    I just had a conversation with someone 10 years younger than me, "my 10 year old does not need a computer" I was shocked to hear such BS, this was because the school had sent a letter home because the child has no computer skills yet. I stated that it is the modern world, if this was 1890 then your child would be expected to know how to ride a horse and split wood. Its 2011 and part of life now is computer skills. you would think someone younger than me (47) by 10 years would understand this but ignorance can be found everywhere.

    The moral is embrace change, the world is changing around you don't fight it enjoy it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yosemitysam10 View Post
    I fully agree why should I not be able to buy an iPhone 4S for me or my kids and not have the chance to choose whether I add data kids don't need full Internet access while out I should have a choice when I fork out $400.00 or $500 on each phone i should have a choice what I do with it the kids love them because they have everything they need on them I shouldn't have to pay another $100 a month for data after shelling out $1500.00 in phones because of pure greed by these companies the laws need to be changed to protect consumers it's fine for these young people with no kids or living at home still they can do it but try paying all utilities food gas etc. while a phone company tries to hose you unwillingly
    You have no choice on Verizon and At&t but the point is you do not have to buy Iphones for your kids either, Apple believes that the experience of an Iphone is diminished without Data, and to be honest I agree with them, I understand if you cannot afford it there are IPOD touches then, you do not have to buy the phone you know
    Last edited by MYPHONEI; 11-17-2011 at 11:00 PM.

  5. #45
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I just had a conversation with someone 10 years younger than me, "my 10 year old does not need a computer" I was shocked to hear such BS, this was because the school had sent a letter home because the child has no computer skills yet. I stated that it is the modern world, if this was 1890 then your child would be expected to know how to ride a horse and split wood. Its 2011 and part of life now is computer skills. you would think someone younger than me (47) by 10 years would understand this but ignorance can be found everywhere.




    Whatever you say your the mother of all moral standards I'm not getting into a testosterone fueled pissing match with a simpleton about what is right and whats not its people like you and that cookie cutter thinking that make carriers rich all I'm saying is that if I spend 1500.00 on phones I should be able to choose what I do with it my wife and I both have data plans but why shouldn't my kids be able to enjoy a iPhone 4S and use it on wifi only if that's what I decide and I have had every form of technology out since before you were born and obviously I can afford it or I wouldn't have 4 iPhone 4S's it's about choice and freedom of it not making greedy providers rich .

  6. #46
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacandaga Lake
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    WOW I THOUGHT YOU WERE SMART BUT JUST NOT GETTING THE POINT! You must also like oppressive governments that tell you what to do and what you should like... "APPLE BELIEVES" Really you care what Apple believes and then if someone believes otherwise they must be.... what???
    You must like oppressive governments also, let them tell you what you like or dislike and how to behave or not!
    Your whole argument about the modern world has nothing to do with choice of whether I want data or not so I do not understand the point you are trying to make????

  7. #47
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Yosemitysam10 View Post
    I just had a conversation with someone 10 years younger than me, "my 10 year old does not need a computer" I was shocked to hear such BS, this was because the school had sent a letter home because the child has no computer skills yet. I stated that it is the modern world, if this was 1890 then your child would be expected to know how to ride a horse and split wood. Its 2011 and part of life now is computer skills. you would think someone younger than me (47) by 10 years would understand this but ignorance can be found everywhere.








    Whatever you say your the mother of all moral standards I'm not getting into a testosterone fueled pissing match with a simpleton about what is right and whats not its people like you and that cookie cutter thinking that make carriers rich all I'm saying is that if I spend 1500.00 on phones I should be able to choose what I do with it my wife and I both have data plans but why shouldn't my kids be able to enjoy a iPhone 4S and use it on wifi only if that's what I decide and I have had every form of technology out since before you were born and obviously I can afford it or I wouldn't have 4 iPhone 4S's it's about choice and freedom of it not making greedy providers rich .
    WOW what a statement yes lets bring SEX into this and berate someone because of it! WOW

    Your right, arguing with you is pointless, you miss the whole point and Whine about things that you cannot and that will not change.

    Of course you have a choice its called Pay as you go with a simple phone.

    You could have bought IPOD touches that are just like Iphones but without the phone part

    Tmoble and At&T and Verizon have a right to charge you what ever they want they are in a free country and have the same choice as you.
    Being in a free country does not mean you get all the freedom and choice but others do not

    You want Iphones but you do not want the Cell company to then charge you for Data, the Cell companies have decided all smartphones are to be charged for Data, you do not want this, too bad, its the way the world has changed.

    You missed my point, to have the smart phone without Data is really defeating the purpose of a smart phone, I think that, APple thinks that and so do the Cell phone companies. The phones OS's themselves are set up to go on the internet and most people do not or will not JB, Root and tweak them to stay off so they require you to have Data plan or pay for the use of Data on their system, sounds fair and legal since you are using a service they provide.

    The companies have a right to charge what the market bears and you have a right to not use them. No problem here, you are not entitled, and that my friend is the problem with Americans these days, they feel freedom means they are entitled.
    Last edited by MYPHONEI; 11-23-2011 at 07:21 AM.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts