+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g Warns Jailbreakers Not to Update to iOS 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I am in the middle of doing a Restore on my iPad 2, using the 5.0 firmware that you can still download from Apple, through the link provided on MMi.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

I am in the middle of doing a Restore on my iPad 2, using the 5.0 firmware that you can still download from Apple, through the link provided on MMi. Apple still accepted the firmware as valid so go install it now while there is still time!

EDIT: I had to do a Restore, not an Update, because it kept failing with the Update. Not sure if that's why I was able to still use 5.0.
    Last edited by MJedi; 11-10-2011 at 07:37 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

whats this 5.0 untethered ??r u saying my ios5 can be untethered if so how abouts do i go and do it cause right now im on ios5 tethered

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seevic View Post
    whats this 5.0 untethered ??r u saying my ios5 can be untethered if so how abouts do i go and do it cause right now im on ios5 tethered
    It's not released yet.

I have a question.. After you jailbreak, if you purchase an app that requires a higher iOS to work... Will the app work on the jailbroken iphone (even if the phone isn't on the required iOS), or not?
    cause right now I have a new iPhone4 with 4.3.2 (not jailbroken.. yet), and I am thinking of updating to iOS 5 (only for the reason that apps in the future may require iOS 5.. as I don't care at all about the new features in iOS 5).

So.. to update or not?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suppaedo View Post
    It's not released yet.

I have a question.. After you jailbreak, if you purchase an app that requires a higher iOS to work... Will the app work on the jailbroken iphone (even if the phone isn't on the required iOS), or not?
    cause right now I have a new iPhone4 with 4.3.2 (not jailbroken.. yet), and I am thinking of updating to iOS 5 (only for the reason that apps in the future may require iOS 5.. as I don't care at all about the new features in iOS 5).

So.. to update or not?
    You definitely want to update ASAP if you plan on having an untethered Ios5 JB. The signing window only stays a couple days after apple release a newer firmware. So update if you want ios 5 jailbroken and freshly untethered.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    You definitely want to update ASAP if you plan on having an untethered Ios5 JB. The signing window only stays a couple days after apple release a newer firmware. So update if you want ios 5 jailbroken and freshly untethered.

Hope this helps
    To answer your other question about the app, nO. It will be the same even if your not on the required OS. There's a reason why the developer has it listed for the specific OS.
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 11-11-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    thats the problem in the JB community,,, every one keep saying IOS5 jb or now 5.0.1, but what they mean is they this IOS's are jb for iphone 4 and down

none for iphone 4s and or ipad2,, what i dont get or maybe im wrong but i believe that they is more iphone 4s out there at this point than iphone 4

since i believe the sales are higher and also adding sprint to it,,,
    I personally don't believe there are more iPhone 4s sold than iPhone 4 cuz were talking over 10 months before the white version and 1 year + before the iPhone 4s release.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you'd held off upgrading because you wanted to keep your existing (4.x.x) jailbreak, you had about a 24 hour window to update. If you missed it, you're now SOL. If you're in the US and wanted a factory unlocked 4S, that's going to come with 5.0.1 on it, so you're also SOL. If you were having battery issues and upgraded, you're also SOL. However... two of my friends from Nebraska stayed on 5.0 are in solid shape for the untether if/when it comes. Yay for them :-)

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345