+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 86 of 86

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Pod2g Warns Jailbreakers Not to Update to iOS 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I am in the middle of doing a Restore on my iPad 2, using the 5.0 firmware that you can still download from Apple, through the link provided on MMi.
...
  1. #81
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    I am in the middle of doing a Restore on my iPad 2, using the 5.0 firmware that you can still download from Apple, through the link provided on MMi. Apple still accepted the firmware as valid so go install it now while there is still time!

    EDIT: I had to do a Restore, not an Update, because it kept failing with the Update. Not sure if that's why I was able to still use 5.0.
    Last edited by MJedi; 11-10-2011 at 07:37 PM.

  2. #82
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    whats this 5.0 untethered ??r u saying my ios5 can be untethered if so how abouts do i go and do it cause right now im on ios5 tethered

  3. #83
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by seevic View Post
    whats this 5.0 untethered ??r u saying my ios5 can be untethered if so how abouts do i go and do it cause right now im on ios5 tethered
    It's not released yet.


    I have a question.. After you jailbreak, if you purchase an app that requires a higher iOS to work... Will the app work on the jailbroken iphone (even if the phone isn't on the required iOS), or not?
    cause right now I have a new iPhone4 with 4.3.2 (not jailbroken.. yet), and I am thinking of updating to iOS 5 (only for the reason that apps in the future may require iOS 5.. as I don't care at all about the new features in iOS 5).

    So.. to update or not?

  4. #84
    Starbucks Artist mmaboi21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bakersfield CA.
    Posts
    2,402
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 207 Times in 160 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by suppaedo View Post
    It's not released yet.


    I have a question.. After you jailbreak, if you purchase an app that requires a higher iOS to work... Will the app work on the jailbroken iphone (even if the phone isn't on the required iOS), or not?
    cause right now I have a new iPhone4 with 4.3.2 (not jailbroken.. yet), and I am thinking of updating to iOS 5 (only for the reason that apps in the future may require iOS 5.. as I don't care at all about the new features in iOS 5).

    So.. to update or not?
    You definitely want to update ASAP if you plan on having an untethered Ios5 JB. The signing window only stays a couple days after apple release a newer firmware. So update if you want ios 5 jailbroken and freshly untethered.

    Hope this helps

    Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    You definitely want to update ASAP if you plan on having an untethered Ios5 JB. The signing window only stays a couple days after apple release a newer firmware. So update if you want ios 5 jailbroken and freshly untethered.

    Hope this helps
    To answer your other question about the app, nO. It will be the same even if your not on the required OS. There's a reason why the developer has it listed for the specific OS.
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 11-11-2011 at 07:57 AM.

  5. #85
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    thats the problem in the JB community,,, every one keep saying IOS5 jb or now 5.0.1, but what they mean is they this IOS's are jb for iphone 4 and down

    none for iphone 4s and or ipad2,, what i dont get or maybe im wrong but i believe that they is more iphone 4s out there at this point than iphone 4

    since i believe the sales are higher and also adding sprint to it,,,
    I personally don't believe there are more iPhone 4s sold than iPhone 4 cuz were talking over 10 months before the white version and 1 year + before the iPhone 4s release.

  6. #86
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    372
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 38 Times in 32 Posts

    If you'd held off upgrading because you wanted to keep your existing (4.x.x) jailbreak, you had about a 24 hour window to update. If you missed it, you're now SOL. If you're in the US and wanted a factory unlocked 4S, that's going to come with 5.0.1 on it, so you're also SOL. If you were having battery issues and upgraded, you're also SOL. However... two of my friends from Nebraska stayed on 5.0 are in solid shape for the untether if/when it comes. Yay for them :-)

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts