+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g Warns Jailbreakers Not to Update to iOS 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I have iPhone 4 gsm on 4.3.3 i had buy it in hong kong n it's unlocked MC603ZP.should I upgrade my mobile to ios 5 before they release stock iOS
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I have iPhone 4 gsm on 4.3.3 i had buy it in hong kong n it's unlocked MC603ZP.should I upgrade my mobile to ios 5 before they release stock iOS 5.0.1......????? Can anyone tell me the truth...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    I honestly thought no one would acknowledge my point, I'm glad at least one other person gets it & understands the bigger picture.

With 5.0.1 right around the corner a solution to the SHSH blobs that comes sooner rather than later would be not only beneficial, but practical as well. Let's hope the Devs have something up their sleeves.
    I'm hoping for a 4.3.5 untether too (if that's not too much to hope for).
    It won't be of any use for people with new devices, but at least people who were able to grab their blobs between 4.3.4 and 5.0 would still have something to fall back on.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JORDAN™ View Post
    Hopefully someone can answer this for me. If you're currently on a tethered iOS 5 jailbreak through sn0wbreeze with preserved baseband 01.59.00, do I have to revert back to IOS 4 firmware or can I just rerun another custom iOS 5 to get the untethered jailbreak when it comes out?

Let me know. I'd appreciate it!
    snowbreeze can preserve your baseband, and not jailbreak it. then when the untether comes out, jb that. i find its always less buggier doing that. for instance, when there was only a tethered jb for 4.2.1, instead of just running greenpoison over my tetherd redsnow, i restored fresh and then used greenpoison. i think itll have more positive impacts on your battery amongst overall performance. my opinion

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My question - If I back up my blobs via tiny umbrella for ipad2 .... and goto 5.0, can I at any point DOWNGRADE back to 4.3.3 or whatever to rejailbreak ?

Couldn't I do this with my iPhone too ? upgrade to 5.0 and downgrade if things don't work out in the jailbreak community ?

Thanks in advance !

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 01grander View Post
    You might as well upgrade since there isn't a jailbreak for 4.3.5.
    thats the problem in the JB community,,, every one keep saying IOS5 jb or now 5.0.1, but what they mean is they this IOS's are jb for iphone 4 and down

none for iphone 4s and or ipad2,, what i dont get or maybe im wrong but i believe that they is more iphone 4s out there at this point than iphone 4

since i believe the sales are higher and also adding sprint to it,,,

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    As of right now you can either go back to 4.x.x if you have the blobs or you'll be forced to go to 5.0.1.

This is why a solution to the blobs situation is so important.

Just curious on how I had my 4.2.6 saved updated to ios 5. Tried to downgrade it went though but the phone won't activate through iTunes. N the meid reads unknown. I tried all the iTunes versions and different jail breaks to by pass the activation screen still no go. So how can it be done. I'm using a iPhone 4 Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
    My question - If I back up my blobs via tiny umbrella for ipad2 .... and goto 5.0, can I at any point DOWNGRADE back to 4.3.3 or whatever to rejailbreak ?

Couldn't I do this with my iPhone too ? upgrade to 5.0 and downgrade if things don't work out in the jailbreak community ?

Thanks in advance !
    Tried it countless times it was a no go on my iPhone.

What’s up iDevicers, here’s another scoop coming from iPhone-Dev-Team member @MuscleNerd about the future of saving SHSH Blobs and downgrading from official iOS 5. “Important reminder – You can no longer Save SHSH blobs on the iOS 5 firmware or downgrade on the iOS 5 firmware.” In the earlier stages of iOS 5 betas, it was said that you would no longer be able to save your SHSH blobs. This is because Apple has changed the role that *APTickets plays on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. This means you will no longer be able to restore your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to a lower firmware version once it is running the official iOS 5 firmware
    Last edited by mlee19841; 11-09-2011 at 10:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

So, let me get this right?iOS 5 itself (on any device) drains battery life? It's not the combination of hardware from the 4S and iOS 5? So, if I upgraded right now to iOS 5 I would sacrifice battery life (or run the risk of)?Also, if I DOWNLOADED (but not installed) the iOS 5 as is the option when I open iTunes (I still run 4.2.1... stable as all hell and all the features I need pardon iCloud) would I still be able to install and run iOS 5 when 5.0.1 is released? I've never done this before but I am not sure if the signature comes when you install the iOS, or when you download it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I have no issues with battery life. Neither does my other iPhone or iPad on 5.0.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tario70's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Just curious on how I had my 4.2.6 saved updated to ios 5. Tried to downgrade it went though but the phone won't activate through iTunes. N the meid reads unknown. I tried all the iTunes versions and different jail breaks to by pass the activation screen still no go. So how can it be done. I'm using a iPhone 4 Verizon.

Tried it countless times it was a no go on my iPhone.
    Honestly, I have no idea. I have an AT&T iPhone 3GS old bootrom & have never had issues but I've also only have to downgrade my GF's new bootrom 3GS once & I didn't have any issues. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks

Im currently on 4.3.3 and untethered.. So you can jump up to 5.0 or 5.0.1 and save your shsh blobs via tinyumbrella and jump back down just to have a safety net for the future, right? I'll be able to pwned dfu and TU server to whichever new firmware becomes untethered, even if a newer firmware has been released, correct?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,227 Times in 6,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DnBKiD521 View Post
    Im currently on 4.3.3 and untethered.. So you can jump up to 5.0 or 5.0.1 and save your shsh blobs via tinyumbrella and jump back down just to have a safety net for the future, right? I'll be able to pwned dfu and TU server to whichever new firmware becomes untethered, even if a newer firmware has been released, correct?
    You dont need to be on 5.0 to save 5.0 SHSH. You can save 5.0 SHSH just fine regardless of what firmware is on your device.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You dont need to be on 5.0 to save 5.0 SHSH. You can save 5.0 SHSH just fine regardless of what firmware is on your device.
    So just hook up to TU and click save shsh and it'll save 5.0 blobs? Because that's what apple is signing right now, correct?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DnBKiD521 View Post
    So just hook up to TU and click save shsh and it'll save 5.0 blobs? Because that's what apple is signing right now, correct?
    yup, as long as you have the latest tiny umbrella and the setting under advanced that says "request SHSH from Cydia" is not checked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

What they say about shsh blobs not working?regardless of what you saved via TU, you cant restore bak to 5.0.0 once apple stop signing it

Thanks

Is that a question or a statement?

Green Apple
    Thanks

apple just released 5.0.1 hope everyone updated to 5.0 in time to be ready for the jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPad 2 3G is still on 4.3.3, JB with jailbreakme.com. I have SHSH saved on Cydia and through TinyUmbrella. Can I still upgrade to 5.0? I cannot upgrade right now since I'm at work, so I have to wait until I get home. From what is being said here, 5.0 will be easier to jailbreak than 5.0.1 so I figure I should do this today.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmmm just saw this now. Im still on 4.3.3.. So my only option now is to wait for untethered jb for 5.0.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoloDiva13 View Post
    Count yourself lucky, then. My iP4 on iOS 5 dies a quick battery death about every 24-36 hrs when I used to go ~4 days on 4.3.3. If I am at 100% at 9 am before work then by 7p I'm staring at sub-50% when most of the day the phone is on my hip unused. The same usage patterns (actually, I tether LESS now than then) but dramatically less batt life. I was hoping a forthcoming JB would include support for 5.0.1 so I could have my batt life back...
    WHAT?! My IPT4 on ios 4.3.3 drains from ~100% to 50% in under an hour of usage!! I thought it was bad, but I didn't know it was THAT bad--yours sounds like it lasted forever! I have to charge my stupid thing every night! (I love it--it's just stupid 'cause of the battery life. you got it. eh hem)

Quote Originally Posted by n80r View Post
    apple just released 5.0.1 hope everyone updated to 5.0 in time to be ready for the jailbreak
    ?? What? Can't I just manually upgrade using the firmware file from felixbruns.de??
    Last edited by wad11656; 11-10-2011 at 05:20 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I missed the opportunity to update to iOS 5.0. I tried to update to iOS 5 once I learned that they released iOS 5.0.1 but iTunes won't let me.

UPDATE:
    I WAS WRONG. I unchecked a setting in TinyUmbrella and I was able to update iOS 5.0 (not 5.0.1).
    Last edited by karl184; 11-10-2011 at 08:32 PM.