Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone iOS 5 Adoption Nears 38%, iPad iOS 5 At 30%, and iPod Touch Lags With 12%

Thanks

Default iPhone iOS 5 Adoption Nears 38%, iPad iOS 5 At 30%, and iPod Touch Lags With 12%

The data analytic company, Chitika recently took a look at iOS traffic for the week of October 22 to October 28. The data shows that 37.7% of iOS traffic from iPhones and 30.3% from iPads came from iOS 5. The iPod Touch seems to be lagging behind with just 12% running the latest version of Apple’s mobile OS, according to a new analysis.

The data shows that there is a sharp increase from the 20% average for all iOS devices during the first week of the software’s availability. Apparently, iPod Touch traffic also had a higher percentage of devices still running on iOS 3 with 8.8%, compared to the 6.5% for the iPad and 3.2% for the iPhone.A likely cause for the lag in iOS 5 adoption is because iPod Touch users may be incompatible. An example would be students who took advantage of last year’s back to school promotion for a free 8GB second-generation iPod, which is unable to upgrade to iOS 5.

The iPhone on the other hand has upgrade eligibility for both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, as do all iPad models. The recent surge of new iPhone 4S purchasers should make a significant contribution to the share of iOS 5 traffic from iPhones as the devices come with iOS 5 pre-installed and Apple’s iPhone 4S has been a huge hit since its first weekend alone. Apple released iOS 5 on October 12 packaged with new features such as Notification Center, iMessage, Reminders, and Newsstand. Google on the other hand has been facing difficulties in providing updates to its devices. As time goes on, more users will end up upgrading, especially as apps require you to have a more updated version of iOS running.

Almost everyone I know has updated to iOS 5, have you?

Source: Chitika

38% ? Theres ones at my school who have no idea how to even upgrade their idevices -_-

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It amazes me when I hear the following, "Wow..that's cool. Why does your iPhone do that?" Me, "All iPhones on iOS 5 do that." Them, "What's iOS 5?" Me, "That's the latest software upgrade from Apple for the iPhone" Them, "What's mine on?" I grab their iPhone and check the software...it's still on 4.1 LOL.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

last week I updated my friends 3GS, saw it was on 3.x. thought it must be 3.1.3..it was 3.0.1! crazy

"iPod lag due to jail breakers waiting for untethered jail break for ios5" should be the title for this article lol

Only a few of my friends have iOS 5, mainly because I was the first to tell them about it. Unfortunately, some people still have 4.1 (minimum on touch 4 :S).

Hopefully, iOS 5's over the air updates will fix this upgrade lag.

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the 700+ meg ipsw files put some off. hopefully youre right about the ota updates

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    I think the 700+ meg ipsw files put some off. hopefully youre right about the ota updates
    I think it may also be that many don't care to connect thier phones to computers that often. I know a few that only connect it to activate it then never do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellular View Post
    "iPod lag due to jail breakers waiting for untethered jail break for ios5" should be the title for this article lol
    My thoughts exactly. Untethered jailbreak release = upgrades skyrocket.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackharvest View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Untethered jailbreak release = upgrades skyrocket.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by cellular View Post
    "ipod lag due to jail breakers waiting for untethered jail break for ios5" should be the title for this article lol
    ++++1 :d
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

I was the first to tell them about it.

Everyone I know is waiting for untethered jailbreak

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder how much of this is due to people simply upgrading to the 4s? I never updated my 4 before I sold it off, but I have no choice but to use iOS 5 with the 4s. I think the more realistic numbers are the ones for iPad.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Wish I could upgrade my iPod touch 2g to iOS 5 ;( hopefully red00r will get notification center. Also I wish idroid would port to ipt2g

Yea because the sound on an iPod touch with iOS 5 is horrific. I was on iOS 5 (touch 4G), then I downgraded back to 4.3.5 an it was fine again. I was extremely angry because I knew my solo beats by Dre were not to blame for the issue. Several others complained about the same thing. I don't know how they missed this issue. It's a no brainer not to upgrade until it gets fixed. If anyone has a solution or a tweak to fix it, please pm me.