Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Schmidt Claims Android Efforts Started Before The iPhone

I believe you Schmidt, not!!!!if Android was being worked on before the iPhone, why isn't it as polished as the iPhone and iOS devices, which I would expect from something that has had more time spent on it

yes I know there are more hurdles to jump because of all the different hardware but they could have use one device as the plumb line(a control device that sets the standard)

I find the Android devices are lacking, every time I try an Android devices I hate the experience
    Last edited by dsg; 11-08-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Well just about everything in IOS is stolen from someone else so I would expect the design and thoughts behind it to be stolen too.I'm really surprised crApple make so much money from stolen ideas and people still pay?Compare the iPhone 1 to the android then look at the timeline and what comes next.IOS5 just got notifications. I do believe Android had that from the start so thats a stolen idea.Just about all the new features in IOS5 are stolen from somewhere else or they should've been in IOS from the start.I hope Google take crApple to court and win and get crApple to pay them millions on stolen ideas. They deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Well just about everything in IOS is stolen from someone else so I would expect the design and thoughts behind it to be stolen too.I'm really surprised crApple make so much money from stolen ideas and people still pay?Compare the iPhone 1 to the android then look at the timeline and what comes next.IOS5 just got notifications. I do believe Android had that from the start so thats a stolen idea.Just about all the new features in IOS5 are stolen from somewhere else or they should've been in IOS from the start.I hope Google take crApple to court and win and get crApple to pay them millions on stolen ideas. They deserve it.
    Do you know that notifications centre was actually started by china phone maufacturers? You people should know more before posting anything. So? are you going to sell out your android?

I have read many of your posts and not one of them speak of anything good about apple. Why don't you get off an Apple devoted site and go blog on android sites. Never mind I forgot android doesn't have anything interesting to even write about. My bad.

Well I also love my iPhone but I'm not blind to the fact that iOS now seems to have tonnes of new features that were in Android first! like notification centre for instance but I am glad about it because as the consumer I love my iPhone but I don't want to be left without the features of the other and I don't care if they are copied or not because at the end of the day I'm the one who benefits!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smoothcreak View Post
    I have read many of your posts and not one of them speak of anything good about apple. Why don't you get off an Apple devoted site and go blog on android sites. Never mind I forgot android doesn't have anything interesting to even write about. My bad.
    Apparently none of these are worth reading or writing about? This was just scratching the surface of two popular sites. I realize that you're trying to troll, but at least do a reasonable job with it if you're going to continue.

NVIDIA Tegra 3's Raw Quad-Core Power Exposed - Check Out These Gameplay And Comparison Videos To See It In Action
    Griffin 'Beacon' Universal Remote Control Comes To Android
    [Updated: Com2uS Responds] Com2uS Sparks A River Of One-Star Reviews Due To Change Of Heart Regarding Root Functionality In Homerun Battle 3D
    Verizon Offering Double Data Package On LTE Phones Beginning November 8th
    Fast Becomes Faster–1.8 GHz Overclocked Kernel Released for the Galaxy S II SGH-T989 | xda-developers
    Want To Root Something (Anything)? Try DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit | xda-developers
    Ice Cream Sandwich Ported to the Samsung Galaxy S | xda-developers

[QUOTE=TooSlo;6297416]Apparently none of these are worth reading or writing about? This was just scratching the surface of two popular sites. I realize that you're trying to troll, but at least do a reasonable job with it if you're going to continue.

Troll? That's funny. I don't troll and I am very responsible. They are both great phones and I can't lie I prefer my iPhone over any android phone out there. The galaxy s 2 is a nice phone but I won't be buying another android device again for a long time. Apple might not come out with things first but I like how they do it better.
    Seriously troll though haha that is something else. If that's the case what did you just do to my post then. Either way both companies sell and make more money than we all will ever see.
    Here is a troll statement for you. Who cares about all this, where is my untethered jailbreak at? Haha that is how I troll.

Oh for goodness sake! If you are such an Android fan, why are you on an iPhone enthusiast site? Seriously now, I could give two craps about how wonderful hardware is for Android handsets, the fact is that iOS is much more well known, despite whatever data about market share or anything else states, based on brand alone.

Now, it may sound odd, but I like Android. I love it because it drives competition, especially in the homebrew community (many iOS features start out in the Jailbreak scene). Why do we go back and forth online, be it MS vs. Apple, AT&T vs. [insert_carrier], etc.? If one were clearly better than the other, than wouldn't the other not be around? It's all about choice people, and none of us are necessarily right, except for me (kidding!).
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 11-09-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Oh for goodness sake! If you are such an Android fan, why are you on an iPhone enthusiast site? Seriously now, I could give two craps about how wonderful hardware is for Android handsets, the fact is that iOS is much more well known, despite whatever data about market share or anything else states, based on brand alone.

Now, it may sound odd, but I like Android. I love it because it drives competition, especially in the homebrew community (many iOS features start out in the Jailbreak scene). Why do we go back and forth online, be it MS vs. Apple, AT&T vs. [insert_carrier], etc.? If one were clearly better than the other, than wouldn't the other not be around? It's all about choice people, and none of us are necessarily right, except for me (kidding!).
    +1 agreed

It's like a kinder garden in here sometime,my phones better than your phone blah blah blah move on

It may not just be about preference if some of these lawsuits fall into place... Slide to unlock may be a thing of the past for android and now that flash is on its way out? Preference may become necessity

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

The article also fails to mention that Schmidt was on the Apple board when the iPhone was being developed and surely had inside information on what was coming. When Schmidt was asked about the Android phone they were developing, he lied and showed Apple a prototype phone that looked almost exactly like a Blackberry, with a small screen and fixed keyboard. After the iPhone was launched and the G1 came out shortly after, funny thing, it didn't look anything like a BB and was touchscreen based although it did have a slide out keyboard (which has since been dropped). Needless to say, Schmidt left Apple's board soon after. I would have loved to see the confrontation between Jobs and Schmidt after the G1 was launched.

I'd be pissed to if some company just decided to copy all my brilliant ideas. AND understand that it's not even the copying bc that might be flexible to some extent but on top of copying their ideas Android has the audacity to sue Apple saying that they stole the ideas. Excuse my French but WHAT THE $&$! IS THAT? Does nobody recall the lawsuits that come up almost everyday from android trying to get apple ban in a new country. Android is being a sore loser and it's unacceptable. I

What exactly did apple steal and can you provide proof? I'd love to see.. And I've made this point a million times before this is not modmydroid this is modmy I! As in IPHONE. If you don't like apple get off the site . And actually companies take apple to court all the time and you know who wins? Apple bc every other company is stealing.
    Last edited by Bhendricks18; 11-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.

I'd be pissed to if some company just decided to copy all my brilliant ideas. AND understand that it's not even the copying bc that might be flexible to some extent but on top of copying their ideas Android has the audacity to sue Apple saying that they stole the ideas. Excuse my French but WHAT THE $&$! IS THAT? Does nobody recall the lawsuits that come up almost everyday from android trying to get apple ban in a new country. Android is being a sore loser and it's unacceptable. I Originally Posted by NakedFaerie Well just about everything in IOS is stolen from someone else so I would expect the design and thoughts behind it to be stolen too.I'm really surprised crApple make so much money from stolen ideas and people still pay?Compare the iPhone 1 to the android then look at the timeline and what comes next.IOS5 just got notifications. I do believe Android had that from the start so thats a stolen idea.Just about all the new features in IOS5 are stolen from somewhere else or they should've been in IOS from the start.I hope Google take crApple to court and win and get crApple to pay them millions on stolen ideas. They deserve it.What exactly did apple steal and can you provide proof? I'd love to see.. And I've made this point a million times before this is not modmydroid this is modmy I! As in IPHONE. If you don't like apple get off the site . And actually companies take apple to court all the time and you know who wins? Apple bc every other company is stealing.
    Fanboy-dom at its finest...

Jobs should have shut the f*** up about "theft" and given the money back he stole from his "best" friend Wozniak. The guy was a despicable human being, a thief and a control freak. Fock him and the horse he rode in town.
    "Jobs returned to Atari and was assigned to create a circuit board for the game Breakout. According to Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell, Atari offered $100 for each chip that was eliminated in the machine. Jobs had little interest in or knowledge of circuit board design and made a deal with Wozniak to split the fee evenly between them if Wozniak could minimize the number of chips. Much to the amazement of Atari, Wozniak reduced the number of chips by 50, a design so tight that it was impossible to reproduce on an assembly line. According to Wozniak, Jobs told Wozniak that Atari gave them only $700 (instead of the offered $5,000) and that Wozniak's share was thus $350."
    A focking thief, that's what Jobs was.He went through 64 nurses before he settled on the final 3. He got involved in the personal life of his employees, telling them who to date (read his sister eulogy).A bloody control freak.He hated his parents for rejecting him (he was given up for adoption after his birth) yet he did exactly the same thing to his own daughter. She was raised in poverty as Stevie boy refused to admit that it was his child, didn't pay child support and so mother and daughter lived on welfare (for 2 years) while Jobs had lots of money already from Apple.
    So yeah, good riddance Apple boy, you were a disgusting human being.
    Last edited by sadsamurai; 11-10-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12