+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IntelliScreenX Adds Quick Reply and Send Capabilities with Messages+ [Coming Soon]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Quick reply and send SMS/iMessages in IntelliScreenX with Messages+ (biteSMS and iRealSMS support coming soon). There has been a ton of hype lately in the jailbreak community as Intelliborn ,
    Thanks

Default IntelliScreenX Adds Quick Reply and Send Capabilities with Messages+ [Coming Soon]

Quick reply and send SMS/iMessages in IntelliScreenX with Messages+ (biteSMS and iRealSMS support coming soon).

There has been a ton of hype lately in the jailbreak community as Intelliborn, famous for applications like MyWi and IntelliScreen, released a public beta of their new iOS 5 Notification Center application IntelliScreenX. ModMyi, prior to public release, gave an in-depth review of IntelliScreenX with all the possible features that it had to offer. By the time the public beta release of IntelliScreenX rolled around, those who were anxiously waiting its release already knew what to expect.

It's been a week or two since then and a lot has changed. Tons of bug fixes and issues have been eliminated, new features were added, and the overall experience and performance was enhanced. One missing component however was a method of quick replying or sending a SMS or iMessage from the Notification Center shade and banner. The team at Intelliborn have worked hard the past week to get this enhancement all squared away and have released a private beta to test out things prior to a public beta release.

In this beta, you're able to quick reply to SMS/iMessages as well as quick send right from the Notification Center shade. This is done by the power of Messages+, previously called Tlert (one of Intelliborn's premier applications). With this feature enabled, you can tap an incoming banner (whether on the lock screen or SpringBoard) as well as in the Notification Center to bring up the quick reply shade. The quick reply shade allows you to type a reply as well as view your entire conversation with that user. SMS and iMessage is supported along with any native function that the stock Messages.app offers such as collapsing the keyboard. To exit the quick reply view, simply tap the "X" button in the top right corner. In terms of quick send, there's an icon that appears on the Notification Center shade at the bottom that starts up the quick send interface when tapped.

A cool feature that this IntelliScreenX version offers that I think is a great incorporation is manual banner dismissal. If enabled, an incoming message banner will not dismiss unless you tap to reply or hit the "X" button to close. Other messages that come in from that user will show and others will queue. This can come in handy especially since many times you're racing to beat the banner before it rolls into the screen.

The settings panel for Messages+ is pretty straight forward with the following settings:
    • Messages+ Enabled
    • Show on Lock Screen
    • Manual Banner Dismiss
    • Orientation (Auto/Portrait Locked/Landscape Locked)
    Expect these features to be rolling out to the public in the next few days or so (Wednesday at the earliest). If you buy IntelliScreenX, Messages+ comes with it free, otherwise it's $6.99 for new purchases and free for those who already own Tlert. BiteSMS and iRealSMS users; don't fear! The team at Intelliborn is looking to add support for these applications in the next upcoming days as well. All iOS 5 devices are supported except the iPad (1-2) at this time.

IntelliScreenX beta users: When this version of IntelliScreenX releases, Intelliborn will be resetting all trials for the last time.

Excited? Let's hear about it! Post below!
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 11-08-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks

This looks promising, Josh!BTW, what happened to the message bubbles concept you showed us on Twitter? Didn't make the final cut? If you added different color styles, I really liked it!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    First!!#!##!#!@@!@@!

nooooo!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by winfis View Post
    This looks promising, Josh!BTW, what happened to the message bubbles concept you showed us on Twitter? Didn't make the final cut? If you added different color styles, I really liked it!
    We'll see! Intelliborn did a great job though; similar layout but different shading (plus the bubbles are colored). I'll definitely release it as a theme if they stick with this!
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 11-08-2011 at 09:31 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So Messages+ is free since I purchased IntelliscreenX..right? I just bought Tlert to get Messages+ when it releases.. Was that a bad purchase?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iShoppell View Post
    So Messages+ is free since I purchased IntelliscreenX..right? I just bought Tlert to get Messages+ when it releases.. Was that a bad purchase?
    If you are looking to use IntelliScreenX, than yes it was. If you plan on just using Messages+, than no. I would try contacting Intelliborn support. They might be able to accommodate that but I can't be sure.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taxbax's Avatar
    Thanks

Intelliborn is amazing with concepts and UI but their customer service and extended development sucks and they are their own walled garden. Why can they not just integrate with BiteSMS or the other similar tweaks. IntelliscreenX would be a killer tweak if it was just extensible. My pipe dreams of what IntelliscreenX could be are so high but the functionality is very bare bones (you can't even retweet from the twitter page) and the hope that Intelliborn would greatly extend the feature set is probably over-optimistic. I wish that they would come to the realization that what they've built is really a platform and open it up for independent developers to contribute to it.

I wish that Intelliborn would come to the realization that what they have built is a platform and open it up for independent developers to contribute to.
    Last edited by taxbax; 11-08-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taxbax View Post
    Intelliborn is amazing with concepts and UI but their customer service and extended development sucks and they are their own walled garden. Why can they not just integrate with BiteSMS or the other similar tweaks. IntelliscreenX would be a killer tweak if it was just extensible. My pipe dreams of what IntelliscreenX could be are so high but the functionality is very bare bones (you can't even retweet from the twitter page) and the hope that Intelliborn would greatly extend the feature set is probably over-optimistic. I wish that they would come to the realization that what they've built is really a platform and open it up for independent developers to contribute to it.

I wish that Intelliborn would come to the realization that what they have built is a platform and open it up for independent developers to contribute to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker;
    Expect these features to be rolling out to the public in the next few days or so (Wednesday at the earliest). If you buy IntelliScreenX, Messages+ comes with it free, otherwise it's $6.99 for new purchases and free for those who already own Tlert.

--------> BiteSMS and iRealSMS users; don't fear! The team at Intelliborn is looking to add support for these applications in the next upcoming days as well. All iOS 5 devices are supported except the iPad (1-2) at this time.
    Answer your concern?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile Hoorah! Bite SMS and IntelliscreenX!!
    2 of the best iOS5 tweaks in my opinion! So glad to see they will soon be working hand-in-hand!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Won't need bitesms anymore with this addition. Too bad it's already been paid for!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me primalscream.40's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks very promising I want need bitesms if they add this in the package

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Intelliborn makes some cool JB apps but I wish they also had a team that worked on JB'ing the 4S and iPad 2. The iPad 2 has been out for months and no one can figure out a JB except for Jailbreakme which only works on one iOS version. We need another Geohot now that he is working for Google.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

What repo is IntelliscreenX on?

Thanks

I will be sticking with IntelliscreenX and not going back to Lockinfo and I was a huge fan of that. This such a great tweak and now a must have in my opinion. Look forward to future updates.

Thanks

is there going to be a giveaway when the final version comes out?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    I will be sticking with IntelliscreenX and not going back to Lockinfo and I was a huge fan of that.
    I liked Lockinfo too until the last few updates. It is buggy now on my phone so I stopped using it and plan on getting Intelliscreen when I update to iOS 5.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, all we need is an iPhone 4s jailbreak and I'm IN! This looks AWESOME! I gotta say that before seeing this, I wasn't missing my jailbreak all that much. Now I'm missing it again!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Just bought it and love it! It makes the NC really fast!!

Banned
    Thanks

The iPad 2 has been out for months and no one can figure out a JB except for Jailbreakme which only works on one iOS version.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

Excited about the upcoming update!
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity