+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPhone Camera App's Hidden Panorama Mode Feature Revealed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cdizzle what are the free apps One of the best ones is Photosynth. Very user friendy. You can post the panorama on email, Facebook or even to
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post
    what are the free apps
    One of the best ones is Photosynth. Very user friendy. You can post the panorama on email, Facebook or even to an online interactive gallery.

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    It isn't all that. I have it activated. Apple NEEDS to fix the bugs and yes I know there is a reason they didn't activate it in the first place.
    tell me about it. Quite frankly, the pictures suck.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

It works better with a tripod otherwise you need to have real good nerves to take that panoramic picture with Firebreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    It works better with a tripod otherwise you need to have real good nerves to take that panoramic picture with Firebreak.
    a tripod and a case that has an attachment for a tripod. I wonder how apple is going to improve this enough for release.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok You guys aren't seeing the point of this...it's to enable panoramic pictures in the NATIVE camera.app so users aren't required to download another app to do it. I just downloaded Firebreak and tried it out and there's a clear reason why this hasn't been released officially by Apple, the panoramic mode, for lack of a better word, sucks. You guys shouldn't be QQ'ing all over the place and saying "There's an app for that"....The whole point is for native integration.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charblee View Post
    Ok You guys aren't seeing the point of this...it's to enable panoramic pictures in the NATIVE camera.app so users aren't required to download another app to do it. I just downloaded Firebreak and tried it out and there's a clear reason why this hasn't been released officially by Apple, the panoramic mode, for lack of a better word, sucks. You guys shouldn't be QQ'ing all over the place and saying "There's an app for that"....The whole point is for native integration.
    I completely agree with you, it's awesome to have features built in that having to download a whole other app!

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broncosi View Post
    a tripod and a case that has an attachment for a tripod. I wonder how apple is going to improve this enough for release.
    You don't need a tripod you can do it without a tripod and you just use either photoshop app for free on the iPhone or upload it to your computer and just crop it so that it is just a solid photo. The photoshop app will automatically do a crop making it as big as you can with no black border

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    You don't need a tripod you can do it without a tripod and you just use either photoshop app for free on the iPhone or upload it to your computer and just crop it so that it is just a solid photo. The photoshop app will automatically do a crop making it as big as you can with no black border
    Thats a lot of work, in that case just take some pictures edit them on photoshop, you dont need firebreak in that case then. Thats why it is an exclusive app so you can do everything automated without the help of something else.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

How is it too much work to open the image up in photoshop app and click on crop image it does it automatically for you you have to touch like 4 buttons :P the panoramic setting all it does is take a bunch of picture and automatically stitches them together trying to not create seams so the picture looks like one big picture, you will always get that black border because it's impossible to keep it perfectly aligned when you capture the image. you will always have to crop it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    How is it too much work to open the image up in photoshop app and click on crop image it does it automatically for you you have to touch like 4 buttons :P the panoramic setting all it does is take a bunch of picture and automatically stitches them together trying to not create seams so the picture looks like one big picture, you will always get that black border because it's impossible to keep it perfectly aligned when you capture the image. you will always have to crop it
    It's too much work because you've now required me to leave my current app, open another app, open the photo, edit, save back to camera roll...

I have an iPhone 4S for personal use and I have an HTC Thunderbolt for work running custom firmware.

The custom firmware on my thunderbolt includes the newest "sense" camera which when it comes to panorama blows away every app in the iphone app store. Doesn't require me to edit it on a computer, doesn't give me any black borders and quite frankly stitches so perfect that typically when I show people it in action they are shocked at the resulting image quality.

I love my iPhone and the camera on it produces overall better image quality, but the camera app on my thunderbolt blows it out of the water 10 times over when it comes to features especially panorama

Here is an example of a panorama shot using my thunderbolt with no 3rd party apps or editing whatsoever - http://i.imgur.com/QXWyK.jpg
    Last edited by qumahlin; 11-09-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
    It's too much work because you've now required me to leave my current app, open another app, open the photo, edit, save back to camera roll...

I have an iPhone 4S for personal use and I have an HTC Thunderbolt for work running custom firmware.

The custom firmware on my thunderbolt includes the newest "sense" camera which when it comes to panorama blows away every app in the iphone app store. Doesn't require me to edit it on a computer, doesn't give me any black borders and quite frankly stitches so perfect that typically when I show people it in action they are shocked at the resulting image quality.

I love my iPhone and the camera on it produces overall better image quality, but the camera app on my thunderbolt blows it out of the water 10 times over when it comes to features especially panorama

Here is an example of a panorama shot using my thunderbolt with no 3rd party apps or editing whatsoever - http://i.imgur.com/QXWyK.jpg
    That's what I mean
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

I like this feature!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12