+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siri Has Been Ported to iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iKillYou Yeah they could get sued because they are idiots who reveal their true identity! If they were smart they would just release it with no credits
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    Yeah they could get sued because they are idiots who reveal their true identity! If they were smart they would just release it with no credits to anyone, then how the hell is Crapple gonna know???
    To release it on a website requires some sort of Domain registration and Apple could court order the host/domain registrar.
    Apple would shut it down faster then Wall St in '08.

I believe that this project is being worked on by Developers to show just how good they are in modding and understanding such a closed system.

Seriously though, it's a project that is consuming key people's time in the J/B process.

The entire community would rather the 4S iOS jailbreak be released then a chauvinistic display of Dev's ability on Apple's beloved Siri.
    From Chpwn's post, it's apparent that the 4S has been jailbroken (in order to get Siri Files), why can't they release the legal jailbreak software?
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would assume a release of the jailbreak for 5.0 for 4S would be pointless as there are a few fixes being implemented in 5.0.1 that are somewhat important (ie battery life bug in software). I would rather wait for JB 5.0.1 (untethered I hope). But news of Siri being ported to 3GS is pretty cool. Legalities behind it should be interesting. I'm interested in the custom Siri commands though, sounds fun

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post

Seriously though, it's a project that is consuming key people's time in the J/B process.

The entire community would rather the 4S iOS jailbreak be released then a chauvinistic display of Dev's ability on Apple's beloved Siri.
    From Chpwn's post, it's apparent that the 4S has been jailbroken (in order to get Siri Files), why can't they release the legal jailbreak software?
    Neither chpwn nor Steve S-T work on the actual JB although chpwn is, of course beta testing. Doing something like this not only proves that what has already been worked out in thory also works in practice and helps with the beta testing but also helps with understanding how Apple thinks.
    It is great news for everyone - except, of course, those that just want everything, for free, now.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Doubt it'll come out anytime soon. It's awesome though that they'll able to get it on earlier devices.

Thanks

I am very excited about these, since I have a 3g (still) maybe I can ported it and be like the millions out here with siri.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazdaman80 View Post
    It really baffles me how selfish and ignorant some of these idiots are that leave negative comments about this subject. " ooh, if i cant have it now for free, then i don`t want to know ! ". These guys are working hard to make these things possible so that you can have them for free !. if you have nothing positive to add or care to show any gratitude, then don`t comment on it at all !
    Goosfraba dude! Goosfraba lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh boo hoo chpwn, man up.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123