+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Sells Out Daily at 85% of Apple Retail Stores

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default iPhone 4S Sells Out Daily at 85% of Apple Retail Stores

It's a remarkable statistic that speaks to the runaway popularity of the iPhone 4S.

Thanks to an insightful new research note from Chris Whitmore of Deutsche Bank, a new poll of retail stores reveals that Apple is seeing almost daily iPhone 4S inventory outages at some 85% of all the company's retail outlets. The actual percentage, however, may really be closer to 90%.

"Our retail checks reveal Apple is experiencing daily stock outs at ~85-90% of the ~30 retail stores we called. Apple employees are directing customers to make an online appointment (first come first serve) for next day pick up at nearby Apple retail stores as stocks appear to be refreshed daily at most locations," Whitmore said. As of this writing, Apple maintains that there us still a waiting time of at least one week (possibly two weeks) for new iPhone 4S orders.

Given the stellar sales success Apple has enjoyed thus far with its new iPhone, Whitmore is maintaining a 28-million unit forecast for the current quarter’s total iPhone sales. Consequently, although Apple failed to beat the street in October, the next earnings report may very well be Apple's strongest. If so, the iPhone 4S will be directly responsible.

Whitmore similarly retains a pretty hefty "buy" rating on shares of Apple (AAPL) and a $530 price target, which is well over $100 from Apple's current share price.

Source: Barron's

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember all the people saying they wouldn't buy the 4S, because it wasn't a 5....lol. But my goodness, that is many many many iPhones. Apple's cash horde just keeps going up...
    Last edited by iPod; 11-07-2011 at 03:12 PM.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Banned
    Thanks

I guess people will get excited about the same thing that came out last year. Buncha tools

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I remember all the people saying they wouldn't buy the 4S, because it wasn't a 5....lol.
    I wouldn't doubt most of those people stuck to their guns. The number of people that frequent this forum is miniscule compared to the number of people actually out there holding iphones. Having purchased the 4S, I don't really regret it, but I also don't really feel I got a new phone. Fiance's sister got the old iPhone 4, so all in all things worked out alright still.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah.....sure it does!

And i'm dating Zoe Saldana.

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

this article should really say "iPhone 16/32 GB 4S Sells Out Daily at 85% of Apple Retail Stores"

Thanks

Having purchased the 4S, I don't really regret it, but I also don't really feel I got a new phone.
    A lot of them are used for things like mathematical modelling of climate change, objects in space moving around another etc.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Yeah.....sure it does!

And i'm dating Zoe Saldana.
    That is nothing just wait till the i phone 5 with it's new design and bigger screen comes out next year then we will talk about numbers selling out