Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bug to Untether iOS 5 Found by Ex-Chronic Dev Team Member Pod2G

Default Bug to Untether iOS 5 Found by Ex-Chronic Dev Team Member Pod2G

Ex-member of the Chronic Dev Team, pod2g, returns to the scene with news on an iOS 5 untether bug.

The current status of the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak is still the same at this point; in progress. Both the iPhone-Dev and Chronic-Dev team are tackling this in full force in hopes of getting a working version as soon as practical. Two weeks ago, ModMyi reported that MuscleNerd released some screenshots of the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 jailbroken on iOS 5. As mentioned in the post, it is a preliminary step at this point but is still a major piece of evidence that the iPhone-Dev Team is working on the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. So far, there is substantial evidence that both the iPhone-Dev team as well as the Chronic Dev Team are working to undertake the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. Earlier this morning, an independent party has jumped on ship for the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak.

Ex-Chronic Dev Team member, pod2g, tweeted out this morning that he has found a bug that will untether iOS 5. Known for his SHAtter exploit, he has been out of the limelight for quite sometime and hasn't been heard from publicly in the last couple of months. He has stated in prior tweets a year or two ago that he left the Chronic Dev Team for personal reasons and is now working independently. No release of this exploit/bug has been scheduled or estimated, however there are now three well-known parties working on the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. This will prove beneficial as the time for a user-friendly jailbreak tool to support iOS 5 untethered is upcoming (sometime in the future - hopefully sooner than later).

News and updates on the status of the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak will always appear here at ModMyi when they arrive.

Source(s): pod2g
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 11-07-2011 at 10:36 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshua Tucker For This Useful Post:

zedbra (11-07-2011)

Thanks

Excitment!!

" Can't Wait !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Excitment!!
    For sure I can't wait for the untethered jailbreak.

This is what we've been waiting for! Although it's not the actually release, but at least we know it's possible for an untethered jailbreak and should come in the near future!

Hopefully it's for iOS 5.0.1 since the update supposedly fixes the battery life issues.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Hopefully it's for iOS 5.0.1 since the update supposedly fixes the battery life issues.
    It will be, they won't let it get out till 5.01 is out its just a heads up

1 thing for sure is the Dev team won't
    Get an unteatherd jailbreak done , those guys are idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by hingeinc View Post
    And you're so smart?

good news is always good news, but im STILL waiting for the untethered jailbreak. :shrug:

I can't wait for this

Will this work on the iPhone 4S too?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I am shocked it is going this long for a untethered to be released. I thought dev team had one and just were sitting on. I am waiting for the drama where if this one gets ready to released, the Dev Team starts complaining about how they have one they want to release and don't want to burn two exploits again.

At least there's progress but i need my tweaks and Mod sez: no war3z, please. fro my iPhone 4s man this stock stuff is killing me
    Last edited by Orby; 11-07-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I am shocked it is going this long for a untethered to be released. I thought dev team had one and just were sitting on. I am waiting for the drama where if this one gets ready to released, the Dev Team starts complaining about how they have one they want to release and don't want to burn two exploits again.
    agreed

That's pretty cool

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can anyone educate me on what the difference is between a tethered and untethered jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hingeinc View Post
    I think your the idiot all u know how to do is complain

Quote Originally Posted by 09gsxr600boy View Post
    Can anyone educate me on what the difference is between a tethered and untethered jailbreak.
    The difference is untethered u can reboot all u want and it enters the homescreen with full access every time without using a computer

With a tethered JB, anytime the device has to turn off, or be rebooted, it has to be connected to a computer, and rerun the JB software. I JB my iPad on 5.0 a few weeks ago, and have had to rerun the software twice. It's not as bad as everyone makes it sound. An untethered JB means that you run the JB software with your device connected to your computer one time, and that's it- makes it really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by knuclez View Post
    This news is great to wake up to...almost as good as morning sex maybe even better!! Lol
    I can guarantee you that no news story is better than morning sex. What could possibly be better than that? Morning, afternoon, evening and "just because" delight? Very difficult to say...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Tethered vs Untethered

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast