+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bug to Untether iOS 5 Found by Ex-Chronic Dev Team Member Pod2G

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by hingeinc 1 thing for sure is the Dev team won't Get an unteatherd jailbreak done , those guys are idiots! wow then you do it
    iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hingeinc View Post
    1 thing for sure is the Dev team won't
    Get an unteatherd jailbreak done , those guys are idiots!
    wow then you do it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pod2g i think u should join the team again and pls let us have our untethered ios5 jailbreak i wish i was 1/2 as smart as u guys , congrats on all the hard work u guys accomplish and continue so , i would love to be part of this team thanks 4 everything on making it easy for us newbs,,

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Exciting!

-Luke

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah all they did was find a HUGE system bug that will let all A4 devices be jailbroken on any future firmware. I'm sure you are much smarter than them...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post

Ex-member of the Chronic Dev Team, pod2g, returns to the scene with news on an iOS 5 untether bug.

The current status of the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak is still the same at this point; in progress. Both the iPhone-Dev and Chronic-Dev team are tackling this in full force in hopes of getting a working version as soon as practical. Two weeks ago, ModMyi reported that MuscleNerd released some screenshots of the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 jailbroken on iOS 5. As mentioned in the post, it is a preliminary step at this point but is still a major piece of evidence that the iPhone-Dev Team is working on the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. So far, there is substantial evidence that both the iPhone-Dev team as well as the Chronic Dev Team are working to undertake the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. Earlier this morning, an independent party has jumped on ship for the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak.

Ex-Chronic Dev Team member, pod2g, tweeted out this morning that he has found a bug that will untether iOS 5. Known for his SHAtter exploit, he has been out of the limelight for quite sometime and hasn't been heard from publicly in the last couple of months. He has stated in prior tweets a year or two ago that he left the Chronic Dev Team for personal reasons and is now working independently. No release of this exploit/bug has been scheduled or estimated, however there are now three well-known parties working on the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak. This will prove beneficial as the time for a user-friendly jailbreak tool to support iOS 5 untethered is upcoming (sometime in the future - hopefully sooner than later).

News and updates on the status of the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak will always appear here at ModMyi when they arrive.

Source(s): pod2g
    Tethered isn't all that bad actually once you do it. I tethered for my first time last week and love it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not holding my breath for sure.When was the last time a untethered was released?We have heard soon since back in 4.2.1 or longer.I think they just keep saying soon cause they don't wanna admit crapple beat em.We will hear soon,then we'll hear 5.0.1 is coming so we need to wait,then we will hear 5.1 beta released with bb upgrade so we will wait again n again n again.
    Last edited by summernyte; 11-07-2011 at 03:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol are u drunk or just a android fan.But seriously no need to go back and forth just give thanks where thanks is due. Why post something rude for nothing.
    Last edited by mlee19841; 11-07-2011 at 03:16 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

would rather have one team working together than have three teams (though i am sure they still help eachother out.)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well at least we know it's coming

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I seriously can't last another day without my untethered jailbreak :'(
    pretty sure you'll last.

good job devs. can't wait to use my 4s untethered.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Excitment!!
    Apparently its going to be a .mov exploit through safari helloooooo jailbreakme 4.0 )))). No word however what devices it will work on though.

.mov exploit through safari apparently hello jbme 4.0.
    Last edited by tomto; 11-07-2011 at 05:00 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

It seems like new devices come out faster than jailbreaks these days. Fortunately, the need to jailbreak isn't quite as urgent.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Why post this? Why not make the exploit then post. Sounds like a publicity stunt to me. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic....
    Its a competition and they " Musclenerd, Cronic and now Pod2g" are trying to up the ante on each other. Its good for the jailbreak community as we are likely to see something sooner.

Green Apple
    Thanks

good news!! i agree tho, that we most likely wont see a full release until after its proven to work on 5.1
    this is typical for any Dev team. why release two versions, when you can release one that is backward compatible

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by summernyte View Post
    I'm not holding my breath for sure.When was the last time a untethered was released?We have heard soon since back in 4.2.1 or longer.I think they just keep saying soon cause they don't wanna admit crapple beat em.We will hear soon,then we'll hear 5.0.1 is coming so we need to wait,then we will hear 5.1 beta released with bb upgrade so we will wait again n again n again.
    I had to wait for months for the 3.1.3 JB, because my first iPhone (3gs, new bootrom) came preloaded with it. It was worth the wait! I am now using a 4, but stuck at 4.1 because I have no SHSH except for 4.3.5. I will patiently be waiting for them to do their thing. It will be worth the wait! So stop all your complaining, or find the exploit yourself. They don't have to do this for us. They could just keep it for themselves. I applaud what they do, and thank them for sharing. If you don't like it, then go android!!
    Last edited by Ramprat; 11-07-2011 at 09:04 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OMG this is like a movie where the hero always come with appealing entrance.. LoL.. I told you they should make a movie about these hacking things on iProducts :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    And you're so smart?
    Probably not smarter than muscle nerd.

He has 7 post here.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks

This is the best news I've seen on modmyi since the 4s release!

Green Apple
    Thanks

They don't have any bug they are just kidding if they had 5 user land exploits so why don't they tell any ETA.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The fact is that Apple IS winning the war.
    The last untethered JB was more than 8 months ago.
    Back in the day, it was usually within a week or two.

As soon as a JB comes out, Apple releases a patched FW.
    Most people prefer not to ugrade to un-JB'n FW - so the window of ugrading opportunity becomes shorter and shorter, to the point that unless you're daily trawling the forums for JB news, you stand every chance of missing the week/fortnight-long window.

It means that only those prepared to tolerate an indeterminate period of un-JB'ness on new, un-JB'n FW are guaranteed to get a JB - and that represents a LOT of commitment.

It also excludes a lot of people who rely on forum-trawling JB'ers to do their JB'ing, from getting a JB.
    Apple 1-0 Community
    Last edited by iPhoneThereforeIAm; 11-16-2011 at 01:40 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Another problem is that Geohot now is busy working at Google instead of hacking iPhones. He would sometimes release his own JB before the Dev Team or anyone else could get one out. They say the new A5 CPU makes it more difficult to JB but the iPad 2 has been out for more than 6 months and still no real JB has been made for it.

You'd think with the iPhone and iPad's popularity that there'd be more people who would figure out JBing..