+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some iPhone 4Ss Muting Outgoing Calls

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My 4s mutes every other call and randomly unmutes itself, or it may unmute when i pull it away from my ear. Maybe a proximity sensor issue!? Very annoying
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My 4s mutes every other call and randomly unmutes itself, or it may unmute when i pull it away from my ear. Maybe a proximity sensor issue!? Very annoying

Green Apple
    Thanks

My God!!! these guys are loosing quality control for the production, this is tooo!!! bad.

Green Apple
    Thanks

After Antennagate on the iPhone 4, I learned to wait for a good, long while before jumping onboard a new iPhone... glad I stuck to my guns. Battery drain + muted calls would have me selling my 4S to go back to the iPhone 4. No thanks. I'm REALLY going to wait when the iPhone 5 comes out, if the "total redesign" rumors turn out to be true.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have had this problem since I have had my Verizon 64gb iPhone 4S. It doesn't happen all the time, but when I press send and then hold the phone up to my ear, it shows that the call has been connected, but then nothing......noone is on the other line. I then have to hang up and place the call again - but not hold it up to my ear until the call is connected. Then it is fine. I would try to exchange it for another one, but there aren't any right now - supply is SO limited. This sux.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have occasionally had that problem as well...I or the person on the other line would hang up and call again. Its really quite disconcerting having all these various problems going on with the iphone.... Considering how expensive and that now apple is not providing any type of care if you dont purchase apple care...its a bit worrisome.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was one of the people with this problem. I called apple the day after release to discuss the issue. The phone was muting 2-3 times per 8 or so calls. It's a for sure a hardware issue that is corrected my replacing the phone. Very annoying issue.

Using siri completely corrects the issue for a temp fix. No incoming calls will mute so stick to Siri for dialing.
    Last edited by SeedlessOne; 11-07-2011 at 09:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    same here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes!..Thought it was my bluetooth (its had a rough life as a chew toy).. I could hear the caller, they could not hear me. tried toggling different functions, no help..Oh well, 4S still great, problems will be fixed im sure..Anxiously I await a 4S jailbreak!!

Thanks

This has happened to me once, I did a hard reboot, and it hasn't happened since.

Thanks

Perhaps we could harness the POWER of this "glitch" in order to fight against the Dreaded BUTT DIAL?

Thanks

I had my phone since day one and have had this problem 😡I should of just waited for the 5!!
    Iphone...Therefore I am!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Happens on one of my friends 3GSs. And they're still on 4.3.5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ever since yesterday I've been having problems with my ringer volume. I can't hear my ringtone and texttone when someone calls or texts me. Also, earlier this week the music app acts like it's connected to a speaker dock and it isn't. I updated to 5.0.1 today and it didn't fix anything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    Ever since yesterday I've been having problems with my ringer volume. I can't hear my ringtone and texttone when someone calls or texts me. Also, earlier this week the music app acts like it's connected to a speaker dock and it isn't. I updated to 5.0.1 today and it didn't fix anything.
    Yes i have exactly this problem too. I have a case no with the Apple Genius's. I was going to get it replaced but not sure it is going to be any different! My 4 was great but this 4S is pissing me off.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MadScot View Post
    Yes i have exactly this problem too. I have a case no with the Apple Genius's. I was going to get it replaced but not sure it is going to be any different! My 4 was great but this 4S is pissing me off.
    This problem is actually happening with my iPhone 4. If the problem doesn't clear up on its own, I'll have to have it looked at. I just bought the phone in June and to my knowledge it isn't damaged.

Brr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by powello18 View Post
    Iv got it bad, sometimes my iPhone won't recognize the hands free that came with my iPhone and when I plug it in, the phone switches to speaker thinking the microphone doesn't work and I just have to end the call start again etc to get it goin.
    Might as well have a pc with all the bugs goin on
    This is really annoying me. 80% of the time when I'm using my factory installed BMW Bluetooth my calls don't work on my new 4S. The call reverts to speaker instead of the connected Bluetooth but the person on the other end doesn't even here me. I try to toggle to Bluetooth but it won't let me. Really a pain.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't get why Apple don't check everything first before releasing something big! First it was the iOS 5.0 battery issue, then the fail attempt of "fixing the battery issue" on the iOS 5.0.1 update & now this? Damn. Why can't they check everything first before releasing something.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12