+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Claims Siri Is A "Google Killer"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Thing is Siri uses google to search for stuff along with bing & I think yahoo also google voice search does everything Siri does bar calendar entries & maybe restaurant
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thing is Siri uses google to search for stuff along with bing & I think yahoo also google voice search does everything Siri does bar calendar entries & maybe restaurant search thingy.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

A kid made a siri app on android and released it a few weeks after the siri announcement was first made. Your argument is invalid. https://market.android.com/details?i...ssistant&hl=en

Siri on android. Your argument is invalid. https://market.android.com/details?i...ssistant&hl=en
    Last edited by xxhorseriderxxx; 11-06-2011 at 05:03 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Totally untrue u ask it something and it searches google for u
    Your missing the point. If you search for something with Siri, say for instance, a company's phone number and or location, Siri will give you the exact info you want. This means you are not seeing all of the ads and sponsored links (which Google makes it's profits from) like you would see if doing a traditional google search. Siri cuts out the "middle man" in this case, and google is the middle man.

I'm not saying Siri is a "google killer", but eventually could make a impact on page views and ad revenue.
    El Zurdo

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Your missing the point. If you search for something with Siri, say for instance, a company's phone number and or location, Siri will give you the exact info you want. This means you are not seeing all of the ads and sponsored links (which Google makes it's profits from) like you would see if doing a traditional google search. Siri cuts out the "middle man" in this case, and google is the middle man.

I'm not saying Siri is a "google killer", but eventually could make a impact on page views and ad revenue.
    Lol I block all of googles adds Anywayz with terminal code using the host file

Green Apple
    Thanks

And yet Siri uses Google to do a number of things. WTF!!! Lol if anything Siri is helping Google

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxhorseriderxxx View Post
    A kid made a siri app on android and released it a few weeks after the siri announcement was first made. Your argument is invalid. https://market.android.com/details?i...ssistant&hl=en

Siri on android. Your argument is invalid. https://market.android.com/details?i...ssistant&hl=en
    I wouldn't call that Siri. That'd be like calling tofu a filet mignon.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

PLEASE READ THE LAST POSTS b4 posting in this thread

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Please.... This is no different from what Apple is doing.Business wants to create something as close to monopoly as legally allowed, when someone threatens this no matter how small they are you try to stop them.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12