Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Beta 2 with Sn0wbreeze v2.8b10 [Windows Only]

Default Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Beta 2 with Sn0wbreeze v2.8b10 [Windows Only]

For users who want to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 beta 2 and are concerned with baseband, sn0wbreeze is now at your disposal.

Earlier this morning, ModMyi reported that Apple released a second beta for iOS 5.0.1 to developers via an over-the-air update or the Apple Developer iOS Dev Center. In the post, it was mentioned that the current version of redsn0w (0.9.9b8) was able to jailbreak this beta as long as you point to the previous 5.0.1 IPSW file. Chances are the iPhone Dev-Team will update redsn0w to alleviate the need to point to the old IPSW file, however no new version of redsn0w has been released yet. Nonetheless, sn0wbreeze has been updated to do so.

iH8sn0w tweeted out just a few moments ago that he has updated sn0wbreeze to support iOS 5.0.1 beta 2. He graciously provided a changelog which can be read below:

Quote Originally Posted by iH8sn0w;
    ===============================
    sn0wbreeze v2.8 [BETA 10]:
    * Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1-b2 (9A404)
    * Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues (as of 2.8b9).
    * Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS
    users running the iPad baseband (as of 2.8b9).
    * Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
    * Removes UDID requirement/Beta timer in 5.0.1.
    * Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is
    extracted to the Desktop after running sn0wbreeze.
    Tethered?
    - iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)...NO
    - iPhone 3GS (new bootrom)..YES
    - iPhone 4 (GSM)............YES
    - iPhone 4 (CDMA)...........YES
    - iPod Touch 3G.............YES
    - iPod Touch 4..............YES
    - iPad 1G...................YES

** iPhone 3GS iPad baseband (06.15.00) users: **
    - Re-flash the iPad baseband via sn0wbreeze
    if you restore(d) to a stock 5.0 firmware.

Now available at: iH8sn0w.com

// iH8sn0w
    Out of all the information provided, here are key points to remember:

- All iOS 5 devices are still tethered while jailbroken with the exception of the iPhone 3GS old bootrom
    - For iPhone 3GS iPad baseband users (06.15.00), make sure to re-flash the iPad baseband via sn0wbreeze if you restore(d) to a stock 5.0 firmware.
    - There is no jailbreak for the iPad 2 on iOS 5 at this time.

sn0wbreeze is a Windows only tool and can be downloaded below:

sn0wbreeze v2.8b10

Note: If you're currently on iOS 5.0.1 beta 1, jailbroken, and want to update via over-the-air, you must restore to a stock firmware first. It will not work if you try to update over-the-air while jailbroken.

Semi-Tether by BigBoss is confirmed to work on this firmware.

Source(s): iH8sn0w, sn0wbreeze v2.8b10 Changelog
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 11-04-2011 at 08:12 PM.

I'll wait for the untethered 1...

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    Patience

does i blacklist work on this update??? i cant live without it lol can anyone confirm pls and thank u or this has nothing to do with apps not being ablle to work ??
    Last edited by seevic; 11-04-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seevic View Post
    does i blacklist work on this update??? i cant live without it lol can anyone confirm pls and thank u or this has nothing to do with apps not being ablle to work ??
    Applications/tweaks are not reliant on jailbreak tools; it's firmware related.

I wonder how long will it take for the untethered version to be released, that will be when I will buy myself the 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post

seems like new firmwares are being chased so much the untethereds are taking a backseat

Blah, every time I see a headline that says "Jailbreak", I think oh please be an untethered iOS Jailbreak.

what's the different between tethered and untethered? i know that they will jailbreak your devices. one doesn't need a pc and the other needs it.

@glacius7..From my understanding tethered means if you power down your phone you have to plug it back into your computer on power up. Non tethered dont have to plug back in every time. This is my limited understanding. Hope it helps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glacius7 View Post
    what's the different between tethered and untethered? i know that they will jailbreak your devices. one doesn't need a pc and the other needs it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztintpimp View Post
    @glacius7..From my understanding tethered means if you power down your phone you have to plug it back into your computer on power up. Non tethered dont have to plug back in every time. This is my limited understanding. Hope it helps.
    That's right. That's a reason why everyone wants an untethered JB. They don't want to go thru the hassle of rejailbreaking. Especially if there's no computer near them.
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GranDaddyPurp View Post
    That's right. That's a reason why everyone wants an untethered JB. They don't want to go thru the hassle of rejailbreaking. Especially if there's no computer near them.
    Although technically you are rejailbreaking. This does not mean you will lose any settings or downloads. Just a a couple minute process and your back how it was before you switched it off.

Also respring as much as you like. You won't need a computer afterwards.

I once went 3 weeks with the iPad 1 without restarting because of tethering. I even went on vacation without my main computer. Not smart, but no problems. Won't do that again.
    Let's go iPad 2 !!! I still haven't upgraded!
    Last edited by dtommyd; 11-06-2011 at 01:50 AM.

I Just a quick question I have iPhone 4 gsm on ios 5 I use snowbreeze to jailbreak after install I found by complete accident that if I don't launch cydia I can use iOS 5 untethered this way I can use iOS 5 until untethered jb comes out I've done this since 4.3.3 and was wondering if anyone else has discovered this was aware of this?It still preserves my baseband I can use iOS 5 but preserve unlock baseband until untethered jb comes out sucks I can't get jailbreak stuff but at least I get ios 5
    Last edited by Yosemitysam10; 11-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.