+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Apple's VP of Global Security Leaves in Wake of Summer Lost iPhone Debacle

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple’s Vice President of Global Security John Theriault has left the company following another lost iPhone controversy in San Fransisco earlier this summer. The San Francisco iPhone reportedly turned out
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's VP of Global Secuirty Leaves in Wake of Summer Lost iPhone Debacle

Apple’s Vice President of Global Security John Theriault has left the company following another lost iPhone controversy in San Fransisco earlier this summer.

The San Francisco iPhone reportedly turned out to be a lost iPhone 4S. An Apple employee lost the prototype and Apple went as far as showing up at the finder’s home and offering him cash for the phone. The controversy in the case though stemmed from Apple’s security officials reportedly posing as police officers as well as Apple pulling strings within the San Francisco Police Department to further their own investigation.

Theriault joined Apple in 2007 after serving as the Chief Security Officer for Pfizer for a decade. Before getting into the corporate environment Theriault was a special agent with FBI. After joining Apple Theriault led the company’s Security Operations and their anti-counterfeit team in 2008 in an attempt to fight China’s booming counterfeit industry.

Theriault joins a gaggle of Apple executives who departed the company throughout the year. Apple’s Senior VP of Retail Ron Johnson left for a CEO position with J.C. Penny, Apple’s Senior VP of Mac OS X Bertrand Serlet retired, lead Apple designer Sarah Brody left to Paypal, and VP of Mobile Advertising Andy Miller left to become a general partner with venture capital firm Highland Capital.

The good news is the individuals who have left Apple are not integral carrying on the vision of the company. If someone like Jony Ive left, then Apple would have problems.

Source: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 11-04-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    If someone like Jony Ive left, then Apple would have problems.
    You could say the same about Steve Jobs

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    You could say the same about Steve Jobs
    And I was just having a good day...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This article's title has a typo. Secuirty = Security. I.J.S.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

There is almost certainly more to this than what is in this article. He left because someone lost an iPhone? That is ludicrous. So long as Apple is allowing their testers to take phones off campus with them there is no possible way to ensure that a phone doesn't get lost, stolen, etc. unless of course they plan on having a pair of goons follow around every user of the prototype everywhere he/she goes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone jetlorider's Avatar
    Thanks

He didn't die! He quit! They bailing out cuz They know this ****'s going to crash! crashing the dollar will bring THE USA into a crisis and...in step One world Government as a solution.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetlorider View Post
    He didn't die! He quit! They bailing out cuz They know this ****'s going to crash! crashing the dollar will bring THE USA into a crisis and...in step One world Government as a solution.
    If you're implying that Steve Jobs is still alive and he's just hiding because the "dollar is going to crash", you are absolutely insane. Take a look around the "USA" and just about everywhere else in the world are already in a "crisis".

If you're not implying that Steve Jobs is death is a conspiracy theory, please ignore the comment i made above.

Edit: a "world government" will never exist; we will see our final world war before that happens.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meatholes View Post
    If you're implying that Steve Jobs is still alive and he's just hiding because the "dollar is going to crash", you are absolutely insane. Take a look around the "USA" and just about everywhere else in the world are already in a "crisis".

If you're not implying that Steve Jobs is death is a conspiracy theory, please ignore the comment i made above.

Edit: a "world government" will never exist; we will see our final world war before that happens.
    Conspiracy theories can be fun. Live a little.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Conspiracy theories can be fun. Live a little.
    I enjoy conspiracy theories; this one has no foundation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meatholes View Post
    The only way I see for the world to unite is for there to be a global extra terrestrial threat. I've seen it all the time in movies and tv shows. 😃
    Mind you, I'm not holding my breath...