+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Now Fixed Siri Outage Leaves iPhone 4S Users Annoyed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default The Now Fixed Siri Outage Leaves iPhone 4S Users Annoyed

Although Apple’s new Siri personal assistant for the iPhone 4S experienced a few issues in availability shortly after the device’s launch last month, the recent hiccup Siri went through seems to be the worst yet. A new widespread outage appeared to be the cause of many user complaints recently. Siri problems were abundant with only intermittent service available throughout the course of the issue and users were constantly being faced with errors messages in which Siri reported being unable to connect to the network.

The Siri service is currently labeled as being in beta according to Apple – and they seem to be working actively to refine the technology and infrastructure behind the feature. Apple continues to roll out the iPhone 4S, with 30 countries already under the belt, and another 15 to come online next week. It is reported that Siri currently offers support in English (U.S., U.K., and Australia) but Apple plans to release an update to support multiple languages early next year.

The service has been reported as actively running at this point but it has left many feeling a bit frustrated. Siri outages aren’t the only issues iPhone 4S owners are having to deal with, as many have been constantly complaining about battery draining issues as well (which isn’t exclusive to the iPhone 4S either).

Were you one of the many who experienced issues with Siri previously? For you iPhone 4S owners out there - are you content with your purchase or are you constantly struggling with the issues that continue to arise? Let us know below!

Source: iSmashphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

5.0.1 is in beta and on the way to fix battery problems. Hiccups with Siri are expected, hence the beta label. Apple doesn't often do public betas, which means there really isn't much to complain about. I'm happy with my purchase. Those that can't be bothered to use their iPhones, what shall we call it now, "the old-fashioned way," for only a few hours need to chill. I'll take this over antennagate issues any day.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Maybe Apple is trying to put a fix on the server to stop chpwn and stroughtonsmith to use siri with non-4S iDevices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My battery life is alright but im having trouble hanging up a call sometimes. I touch the end call button and all it does is "nothing" and have to wait for the other person to hang up or turn my phone off to end the call. Also occasionally freezes too kinda annoying.

Thanks

They are talking about me.

Thanks

the now fixed siri outage leaves iphone 4s users even more annoyed than they were before.
    ftfy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Maybe Apple is trying to put a fix on the server to stop chpwn and stroughtonsmith to use siri with non-4S iDevices.
    Lol......u might be right...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Beta is as beta does....... All those whining about siri not working get a life, IT'S BETA STUPID! Waaaaa siri won't give me the meaning of life..... waaaaaa siri won't tell me it won't be my girl friend...... waaaaaa siri won't set my alarm......

Quote Originally Posted by s0ulp1xel View Post
    They are talking about me.
    So which waaaaa is yours from the above list?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am all about understanding beta but when you advertise it as your main product and have commercials for it and how great it is it leaves the whole "its beta crutch". I don't see apple saying its beta on their commercials. Its only beta when its down I guess and then when it is down its ok.

Thanks

i had like 2 could not connect messages, but then after that it was fine. and i kept using it on and off after that, no problems.i don't live in a really big city, so idkim still happy. even if i did have a lot of issues, i wouldn't be upset. issues happen. >.>

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Siri is many things, but "now fixed" isn't one of them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adbs98 View Post
    I am all about understanding beta but when you advertise it as your main product and have commercials for it and how great it is it leaves the whole "its beta crutch". I don't see apple saying its beta on their commercials. Its only beta when its down I guess and then when it is down its ok.
    Amen

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Siri is many things, but "now fixed" isn't one of them.
    Lol nice
    I was having this issue yesterday but now it seems okay

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Beta is as beta does....... All those whining about siri not working get a life, IT'S BETA STUPID! Waaaaa siri won't give me the meaning of life..... waaaaaa siri won't tell me it won't be my girl friend...... waaaaaa siri won't set my alarm......
    Yeah because you knew it was a beta before the phone was released right?

Only Apple could get away with releasing an un-finished feature as the highlight of their new super-phone, not tell anyone it is not finished, and then have ignorant fans like you defend it when it doesn't work with the reliability that it's supposed to.

If I bought a brand new car that broke down 3 days out of the week, i guess I should be happy that I got a new car that can get me where I need to go for the other four days right? Tell me what person would be satisfied with that?
    Last edited by RICO_; 11-04-2011 at 07:25 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Beta my *****. They prominently publicize the features. That is why it is so blatantly STUPID to have every minimal feature of siri depend on the network. Why aren't local operations handled locally? (i.e. set a timer)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post

Only Apple could get away with releasing an un-finished feature as the highlight of their new super-phone, not tell anyone it is not finished, and then have ignorant fans like you defend it when it doesn't work with the reliability that it's supposed to.

If I bought a brand new car that broke down 3 days out of the week, i guess I should be happy that I got a new car that can get me where I need to go for the other four days right? Tell me what person would be satisfied with that?
    HAHAHAHAHA PWN3D!!

Stoopid fanboys

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully they fix it soon, I can't make it through the day with out asking Siri a stupid question !!! Sarcastically said ...

Thanks
    People lol Siri is a BETA. If your expecting it to be running clean as a whistle, your gonna be hugely disappointed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adbs98 View Post
    Agreed. Siri isn't something unreleased that people are hacking onto their devices, it is included and advertised as a main feature. It doesn't matter if Apple calls it a beta product. The fact of the matter is if its a feature advertised on al of your commercials, it better work pretty much flawlessly or people will flip out. With that said I haven't experienced any of these 4S issues myself...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post

Actually, brochacho, Apple announced Siri was still beta at the 4s announcement. Their website also STILL states its beta and always has.

If you'd like to know the definition of broken almosts, shipped months before ready, Android has several options to choose from.