Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Now Fixed Siri Outage Leaves iPhone 4S Users Annoyed

Only on wifi Siri sucks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Actually, brochacho, Apple announced Siri was still beta at the 4s announcement. Their website also STILL states its beta and always has.
    Correct. But if you walked into an Apple store and asked 15 random customers what a "Beta" was, what percentage of those people do you think would actually know the meaning? Not very many.....and they don't explain it on the site either. It's just a tiny icon that most people wouldn't think twice about. And I'm pretty sure the retail store employees aren't going to give a heads up that it still needs work. So people naturally aren't going to expect these kinds of problems and will react as predictably so.

It's been over 16 months since the last iPhone and the best they could do with Siri is release it in BETA form? With all the genius engineers, scientists, and software developers Apple has?

Sounds to me like they waited a little too long to decide whether or not to implement this feature into the phone and then rushed an unfinished form of it out.

I had a late night last night and wanted to sleep in this morning. So at 9AM I barely consciously mumbled the words. "Set an alarm for 11AM". When Siri responded, I am unable to connect to the network, I then went to set my alarm manually and in doing so realized I was not as tired as the comforts having siri made me believe. So now I am up posting this reply while I tidy up some other things around the house. LOL!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkflame For This Useful Post:

raduga (11-04-2011)

The sooner people start realizing that nothing mechanical or electronic is ever going to work 100% correct 100% or the time the better all we will all be!! So what Siri hiccuped I would imagine that with everything ever made there has been hiccups and there will always be hiccups, nothing is perfectt.!
    Last edited by Truckerbear; 11-05-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkflame View Post
    i had a late night last night and wanted to sleep in this morning. So at 9am i barely consciously mumbled the words. "set an alarm for 11am". When siri responded, i am unable to connect to the network, i then went to set my alarm manually and in doing so realized i was not as tired as the comforts having siri made me believe. So now i am up posting this reply while i tidy up some other things around the house. Lol!
    ḄẸṠṬ ṠỊṘỊ ṖỌṠṬ ẸṾẸṘ
    Last edited by raduga; 11-04-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I am pretty lucky. I have not had any issues with Siri. On a semi-side note, does the voice to text (ie when sending SMS through the message app) use the same servers? I use that multiple times a day since launch and have had zero problems with that as well.

Thanks
    anyone else having trouble since last night? I tried to use Siri last night about 9PM PST, and since then I have been getting the CANNOT CONNECT message.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 616 Posts

I'm still having issues with Siri myself. Still not connecting

Quote Originally Posted by MrNewbdude View Post
    anyone else having trouble since last night? I tried to use Siri last night about 9PM PST, and since then I have been getting the CANNOT CONNECT message.
    Same here bra!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12