+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wbreeze 2.8b9 Released for iOS 5.0.1 Beta

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Sn0wbreeze is an alternative to redsn0w for jailbreaking your iDevice. As we reported yesterday, the Dev-Team rolled out the updated redsn0w 0.9.9b8 which adds support for iOS 5.0.1 Beta. iOS
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sn0wbreeze 2.8b9 Released for iOS 5.0.1 Beta

Sn0wbreeze is an alternative to redsn0w for jailbreaking your iDevice.

As we reported yesterday, the Dev-Team rolled out the updated redsn0w 0.9.9b8 which adds support for iOS 5.0.1 Beta. iOS 5.0.1 Beta was released fixing numerous security bugs and the iPhone 4S battery problem in iOS 5. Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 is available for both Windows and Mac users and can be used to deliver a tethered jailbreak to the user. iOS 5 currently has a Semi-tether available compliments of BigBoss which is currently compatible with iOS 5.0.1 Beta; it has been confirmed.

We're happy to report that Windows users can choose to use more than redsn0w 0.9.9b8 to jailbreak their iOS 5/iOS 5.0.1 Beta devices today. A while ago, iH8sn0w tweeted that he had released sn0wbreeze 2.8b9. Sn0wbreeze is an alternative to Redsn0w in that it offers an easy-to-use GUI. Much of it is eye-candy and someone who is new to the jailbreak scene might prefer sn0wbreeze over redsn0w because of the graphical interface versus plain text. In my opinion, sn0wbreeze's graphical interface and animations make it easier to understand what is going on when you read the directions, where redsn0w doesn't have anything to show you what to do; it just hands you directions.

Sn0wbreeze isn't available for Mac. Windows users can download sn0wbreeze 2.8b9 here. Simply unzip the file that you download to find the sn0wbreeze.exe file. Furthermore, you can download older versions of sn0wbreeze here if you need to.

iH8sn0w included a Pastie which can be read here of the changes in this new version of sn0wbreeze.

Quote Originally Posted by iH8sn0w
    Sn0wbreeze 2.8b9 comes with the following updates:
    • Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1-b1 (9A402)
    • Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues.
    • Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS users running the iPad baseband.
    • Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
    • Removes UDID requirement/Beta timer in 5.0.1.
    • Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is extracted to the Desktop after running sn0wbreeze.

Tethered Devices?
    • iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)....NO
    • iPhone 3GS (new bootrom)..YES
    • iPhone 4 (GSM)..................YES
    • iPhone 4 (CDMA)...............YES
    • iPod Touch 3G...................YES
    • iPod Touch 4.....................YES
    • iPad 1G.............................YES
    Are you going to jailbreak using redsn0w 0.9.9b8 or sn0wbreeze 2.8b9? Share in the comments!

Sources: iH8sn0w
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-04-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks

Damn I need to be a jailbreaker so I can release a iOS 5 UNTETHERED JB already! Cuz these dudes take there sweet time! Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

redsnow is easier, don't have to restore and reload everything onto your iPhone. factory unlocked iPhone ftw. snowvreeze is great for people who want to preserve bb though

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Works great, it fixed my location services and still untethered for old boot room

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
    Damn I need to be a jailbreaker so I can release a iOS 5 UNTETHERED JB already! Cuz these dudes take there sweet time! Lol
    patience; they owe you nothing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    redsnow is easier, don't have to restore and reload everything onto your iPhone. factory unlocked iPhone ftw. snowvreeze is great for people who want to preserve bb though
    Keep in mind comex is with apple for security purposes. Maybe he improved the iPhone 4S's security to a state where it's not jailbreakable

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Keep in mind comex is with apple for security purposes. Maybe he improved the iPhone 4S's security to a state where it's not jailbreakable
    I don't believe that. Comex doesn't build microprocessors. The security is in the hardware, not the software. Software can always be circumvented. Buggy hardware can be exploited no matter how well you patch your software. This is why Apple has never been able to patch the Limera1n exploit in the A4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I don't believe that. Comex doesn't build microprocessors. The security is in the hardware, not the software. Software can always be circumvented. Buggy hardware can be exploited no matter how well you patch your software. This is why Apple has never been able to patch the Limera1n exploit in the A4.
    Oh okay I see. Thanks for the info.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Also. The ipad2 has been out for 8 months now and only one jb has been found and patched since. Way before comex went to apple. I don't think we will see a jb for the ip4s in a loooong time if Eva Just like the ipad2 before that.

I believe witch I hope I'm dead wrong. That, as it currently stand, jb it's dead. There is more or will be more ip4s out than ip4 or ip3gs.

I think the other day it was tweeted that the new iPhone has been jb I could be wrong as I might have it confuse with ios5. Instead. But either way IF Eva the jb might come around feb April may. A few months before the new iPhone comes out

Shrug

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    Also. The ipad2 has been out for 8 months now and only one jb has been found and patched since. Way before comex went to apple. I don't think we will see a jb for the ip4s in a loooong time if Eva Just like the ipad2 before that.
    the only reason we've had such a steady flow of jbs recently is because of limerain..a tethered jb found in a4 chip and lower. I dont think the flow of jb will stop, but might slow down as, because every new device will need a new way to inject the jailbreak now that limerain is dead in them. don't hold your breath for every jb, but they will come. I'm likely to be wrong on this, but im pretty sure every release of ios has been jailbroken whilst it was the most current firmware, these guys are geniuses

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why is the old bootrom 3gs more desirable if it can't even be Jb'd...ugh fml

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    I believe it can, and is untethered.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    yeah dude old boot 3GS's are untethered for the rest of their life, pretty awesome

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm using redsnow mainly because I have always used it, but also because snowbreeze doesn't work! iTunes error 21 every time

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I myself am not much for tethered jailbreaks, im content on my jailbroken 4.2.1 for now, as much as i do wanna check out 5.0, i dont wanna jailbreak tethered and then a week later jailbreak to an untethered, i do like redsn0w though, it was the first jailbreak tool i ever used, never used sn0wbreeze before. Cant wait for the untethered break!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    yeah dude old boot 3GS's are untethered for the rest of their life, pretty awesome
    That may be true, but in the end, it's still a 3GS...

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer redsn0w. It always seemed more stable. I always issues with crashing and always having to restore/rejb with sn0wbreeze. I think iH8sn0w is incredibly talented and I still feel that his developments are very useful and quite amazing. I'm just a redsn0w fan (even though I've only used it a few times. I prefer Chronic Dev's greenp0ison over anything. I wish the untethered JB's to come are just like those of GP).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Much of it is eye-candy and someone who is new to the jailbreak scene might prefer sn0wbreeze over redsn0w because of the graphical interface versus plain text. In my opinion, sn0wbreeze's graphical interface and animations make it easier to understand what is going on when you read the directions, where redsn0w doesn't have anything to show you what to do; it just hands you directions.
    You forgot the most important part:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    You forgot the most important part:

Of course!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Uhm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
    As a Computer Science major and a member in the field, not so much programming, but the in and outs of hardware, software, OS's, networks, etc... These guys actually make GOOD time. You guys who simply plug in your phone a click a button to jailbreak think that it's easy to get to that stage? These dedicated jailbreakers and programmers are working daily, I can assure you that. It is VERY difficult to do the things they do. It's a combination of knowledge of CS, programming, and specifically REVERSE ENGINEERING the software in order to find exploits in which they can gain root access to the device. I'm sure most people don't even really know what a jailbreak technically does - but yeah - we all enjoy it so I can't hate. But if for real - respect these guys because they DON'T have to do what they are doing, and without them WE'D ALL BE HOPELESS - fact.

-HeadStrain.