+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wbreeze 2.8b9 Released for iOS 5.0.1 Beta

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I tried to boot tethered with redsn0w and it goes through it's thing but never boots up. I created a custom restore file and that installed just fine but I
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried to boot tethered with redsn0w and it goes through it's thing but never boots up. I created a custom restore file and that installed just fine but I can't boot tethered. I have a Sprint iPhone 4 8GB model. The error I get is "No identifying data fetched"
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 11-04-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Keep in mind comex is with apple for security purposes. Maybe he improved the iPhone 4S's security to a state where it's not jailbreakable
    Doubtful. One man isn't going to patch every miniscule vulnerability, especially not in the amount of time he was given.

Quote Originally Posted by headstrain0z View Post
    As a Computer Science major and a member in the field, not so much programming, but the in and outs of hardware, software, OS's, networks, etc... These guys actually make GOOD time. You guys who simply plug in your phone a click a button to jailbreak think that it's easy to get to that stage? These dedicated jailbreakers and programmers are working daily, I can assure you that. It is VERY difficult to do the things they do. It's a combination of knowledge of CS, programming, and specifically REVERSE ENGINEERING the software in order to find exploits in which they can gain root access to the device. I'm sure most people don't even really know what a jailbreak technically does - but yeah - we all enjoy it so I can't hate. But if for real - respect these guys because they DON'T have to do what they are doing, and without them WE'D ALL BE HOPELESS - fact.

-HeadStrain.
    They do deserve respect, but without THESE SPECIFIC people, someone will take there place. That I can guarantee you. It is the way of the tech world. There was a time where everyone said that without George Hotz we wouldn't have anyone working on JB. He has all but left the scene and it's still going strong. People will get impatient and disrespectful. Let them. Telling them that they should have more respect is going to net you absolutely nothing. I'm willing to bet that the people that complain about slow releases are the same people that never donate a penny for the cause. They want what they want, and they want it now. You won't change that.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-04-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Doubtful. One man isn't going to patch every miniscule vulnerability, especially not in the amount of time he was given.

They do deserve respect, but without THESE SPECIFIC people, someone will take there place. That I can guarantee you. It is the way of the tech world. There was a time where everyone said that without George Hotz we wouldn't have anyone working on JB. He has all but left the scene and it's still going strong. People will get impatient and disrespectful. Let them. Telling them that they should have more respect is going to net you absolutely nothing. I'm willing to bet that the people that complain about slow releases are the same people that never donate a penny for the cause. They want what they want, and they want it now. You won't change that.
    I do think the 'JB Scene' is winding down, but we may have another major release (iOS6 or iOS7) left from them. The trouble is partly because some of the most talented people have left (shrinks the talent pool) but more seriously because the challenge is no longer as exciting and new for the ones still in.

Add threats of lawsuit (like geohot) and active recruitment by Apple (comex, (MuscleNerd?)) and the incentives for busting out become more appealing. It's a war of attrition. 'The End' isn't in sight and may not be near, but the attrition is real. New Blood is the only thing that can keep it going past 2013, IMO. If we get it, great.

If not, I'd say the hackers made a pretty darned good run

by 2015 the iPhone may not matter anymore anyway. Something else will be new....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    Also. The ipad2 has been out for 8 months now and only one jb has been found and patched since. Way before comex went to apple. I don't think we will see a jb for the ip4s in a loooong time if Eva Just like the ipad2 before that.

I believe witch I hope I'm dead wrong. That, as it currently stand, jb it's dead. There is more or will be more ip4s out than ip4 or ip3gs.

I think the other day it was tweeted that the new iPhone has been jb I could be wrong as I might have it confuse with ios5. Instead. But either way IF Eva the jb might come around feb April may. A few months before the new iPhone comes out

Shrug
    Found this very difficult to read - but, unless i have totally misunderstood what you are trying to say, you are wrong.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used sn0wbreeze on my 3GS old bootrom. It was pretty smooth.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I used sn0wbreez and it worked well. Before I used ultrasn0w, I was showing no bars. I install ultrasn0w, full bars. Hmm interesting.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12