+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 is fully compatible with the iOS 5.0.1 Beta released to developers yesterday. Yesterday, Apple pushed out the iOS 5.0.1 Beta to developers which has fixed numerous bugs in
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 Released

Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 is fully compatible with the iOS 5.0.1 Beta released to developers yesterday.

Yesterday, Apple pushed out the iOS 5.0.1 Beta to developers which has fixed numerous bugs in iOS 5 and brings the beloved multitasking gestures back to the original iPad. It was reported that iOS 5.0.1 could have been jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.9b7, although you would need to point redsn0w to the iOS 5.0 firmware file, and the jailbreak was tethered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev-Team Blog
    Redsn0w version 0.9.9b8 will natively recognize the 5.0.1 beta that Apple let developers start testing this week (so you don’t have to play the “point at 5.0 IPSW” trick). Because the IPSW isn't public, you'll still need to provide it once to redsn0w (at which point it will cache all the important pieces so you don’t need to select it again).

For those iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 users who preserve their baseband, the Mac version can also produce the NO_BB_* custom IPSW's for 5.0.1. (But please note that ultrasn0w doesn't get updated for betas like this.)

This is still a tethered jailbreak for all except old-bootrom 3GS users.
    This new update brings support for the iOS 5.0.1 Beta. Now if you have the iOS 5.0.1 Beta firmware on your computer, you can use redsn0w 0.9.9b8 and point redsn0w to your iOS 5.0.1 Beta firmware. The jailbreak method is the same for the iOS 5 jailbreak using redsn0w 0.9.9b7 and the jailbreak is still tethered as of this point. If a tethered jailbreak does not suit you well, then you have the option to install the Semi-Tether which allows you to boot up your iPhone into a non-jailbroken state after rebooting; you will be able to boot tethered later on to get your jailbreak data back up and running. Or, if you're more patient, you can keep waiting for the untethered jailbreak that i0n1c confirmed was being worked on.

iPhone 3GS users can still have the untethered jailbreak if they have the old bootrom, and Mac users can still make their special baseband custom ISPW files using this redsn0w for iOS 5.0.1. The Dev-Team also warns that ultrasn0w will not be updated for the beta, so it's recommended that you wait until the official iOS 5.0.1 release to the public.

You can download Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 for Mac, here.
    You can download Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 for Windows, here.

Sources: Dev-Team Blog

Thanks

I am thankful but were is the jailbreak for my 4S.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 905 Posts

i'm so looking forward to the 4s jailbreak when it arrives...keep up the good work on the jailbreaks....i'm one grateful lady for the jailbreaks

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Will this jailbreak iOS 5 on a sprint iPhone 4?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I find myself excessively checking Twitter for an update on the 4S jailbreak...

Thanks

Trying to decide if I should take the plunge and JB my iPhone 4. I'm happy with my jailbroken 4.1 right now...but some of the features of 5.0 are intriguing. I'm just not wild about the tethered part. The Semi-Tether tool is cool though. Will a jailbroken iPhone 4 run Siri?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice to know that whatever exploit used in iOS 5 to get a tethered jailbreak still exists in iOS 5.0.1.Kind of glad I don't have an iPhone 4S. I don't really think I could sacrifice all my jailbreaking just for Siri and a nicer camera. iPhone 4 on iOS 5, tethered jailbreak is suiting me just fine.If only I could get that Siri port

Thanks

Isn't. This just an updated tethered jailbreak for A4 device (hardware exploit)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    i'm so looking forward to the 4s jailbreak when it arrives...keep up the good work on the jailbreaks....i'm one grateful lady for the jailbreaks
    :thumbsup:

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'd like to get a new iPad and update my phone but need a untethered jailbreak! Wish this would get accomplished sooner!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guys is work in IOS 5.0 9A334 on iphone 4 is nothing block in apple image.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Trying to decide if I should take the plunge and JB my iPhone 4. I'm happy with my jailbroken 4.1 right now...but some of the features of 5.0 are intriguing. I'm just not wild about the tethered part. The Semi-Tether tool is cool though. Will a jailbroken iPhone 4 run Siri?
    I was in the same boat. Had 4.1untethered for long time then I was like hell ya 5.0 is here lets update. Now I wish I stayed at 4.1 with untethered . Ain't nothing mind blowing about 5.0. You can get all the tweaks on cydia that were new to 5.0 except ICloud. It sux with no untethered on 5.0

And no release of a port for Siri on ip4.as far as I know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ugh, WHERE IS MY iOS 5 UNTETHERED FOR iPHONE 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STM127 View Post
    +1. I'm on here bout 50 times a day reading news headlines in hope of a jb for my 4S.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you use better grammar. I don't understand what you are trying to ask.
    i jailbreak my iphone 4 is all down i intall any tweaks in cydia is need reboot for restart i click it is power on is take long time is blackad screen in apple image is need boot from redsn0w_win_0.9.9b4 is working fine.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghdawg6197 View Post
    Ugh, WHERE IS MY iOS 5 UNTETHERED FOR iPHONE 3GS
    Google it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

Well done guys....and gals.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STM127 View Post
    This is now my life....twitter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lolypoop220 View Post
    i jailbreak my iphone 4 is all down i intall any tweaks in cydia is need reboot for restart i click it is power on is take long time is blackad screen in apple image is need boot from redsn0w_win_0.9.9b4 is working fine.
    U speak Chinese?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will there ever be an unlock for the iPhone 4 on baseband 4.11.08? Please!! Someone helpme!!