Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Square Launches Hands Free Payments On iPhone With Card Case

Thanks

Default Square Launches Hands Free Payments On iPhone With Card Case

Square has a new app out for the iPhone users out there called Card Case, which acts like a digital wallet. This new app allows users to complete purchases at participating stores without even having to pull the smartphone out of their pockets. The current version of app that is available is version 1.1 and what it does is open up a tab with the merchant for payments to be made automatically when the user is close to a store that uses the service. When a user is about to purchase a product, they say their name, then the employee behind the cash register is able to verify the users face on their side of the app, at which point the charges are made and the money is automatically pulled from the debit card or credit card associated with the user’s app.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with Square from before, it is the company that offers the small credit card reader for processing payments on the go. Since its release, the company and its credit card reader have been a huge success with a growing customer basis that has developed over time. With a large number of people interested in trying the app – existing customers and new customers alike – the potential for growth is very high.

It seems like a pretty interesting idea, I think what will really make or break the idea will be the number of stores and consumers who end up using the app. Would you be interested in using something like this? It seems like one of the easiest ways to pay for things once you have everything set up.

Source: Wired

iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Thanks

so the merchant needs to have an iDevice with this app in order for me to do this?oh and.... WHERES MY 4S JAILBREAK? seriously now, who do i have to screw?

I have this and LOVE IT. I got my mini card swiper not too long ago and I've been using it with some of my local clients. Works great and is great on the go.

Square continues to update their apps and provide a reliable mobile payment environment. I've never had a problem receiving or making payments.The only roadblock between square and mobile payment dominance is NFC. When and if NFC becomes a major player will merchants and consumers utilize Square, or will they go with the credit card companies' native app solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    so the merchant needs to have an iDevice with this app in order for me to do this?oh and.... WHERES MY 4S JAILBREAK? seriously now, who do i have to screw?
    Mallenass, seriously, quit you're *** **** whining about a 4S / iPad2 jailbreak. Do you really want them to release a JB, burning an exploit for firmware 5.0 when 5.0.1 is dropping in a fortnight or so. They get to the JB's when they can, and not a second before. They don't get paid for this stuff. So would you seriously want to sit down in front of a computer for 10+ hours a day and work on something you don't get paid for?

Plus with every firmware Apple make, they patch more and more holes and get better with their own security, like they've done with the A5 processor and its encryption keys.

So unless your willing to be a part of the solution (ie become a coder, scan miles and miles of code looking for holes / exploits and then spend days and weeks of your time building a JB tool that has to be so perfect otherwise millions of devices become bricked, all for no profit), don't whinge about the problem!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 11-03-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by Hoges64 View Post
    Mallenass, seriously, quit you're *** **** whining about a 4S / iPad2 jailbreak. Do you really want them to release a JB, burning an exploit for firmware 5.0 when 5.0.1 is dropping in a fortnight or so. They get to the JB's when they can, and not a second before.
    exactly right.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 11-03-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: *** language

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoges64 View Post
    Mallenass, seriously, quit you're *** **** whining about a 4S / iPad2 jailbreak. Do you really want them to release a JB, burning an exploit for firmware 5.0 when 5.0.1 is dropping in a fortnight or so. They get to the JB's when they can, and not a second before.
    First: this isn't the right place For that conversation. You are not a writer, therefore don't get to decide what the topic is. That would be the man who wrote the article at the beginning of it.
    Second: It's whiny nonsensical D-Bags like yourself that flood the community with garbage posts clearly off topic that slows the process down. You're the guy stuck in a boot loop trying to contact MuscleNerd directly to ask him how to get out of it. A day or 2 ago an article here proved MuscleNerd has found what he needs, but currently no ETA, so wait patiently or go get yourself a whackberry and shove it.

Don't dis the writer
    And stop dissing the all of us by being a reTard.

Very loose butthole dude, the loosest .
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 11-03-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: *** language

Quote Originally Posted by mallenass View Post
    ÷1 to the Guy ranting against @Mallenass's comment.

Thanks
    That was directed towards mallenass.

On this topic, I think it's very cool, but won't the NFC chip basically do the same thing without as much effort from both seller and buyer? Maybe not as "pretty" but much easier, I like to think the 5 will sport an NFC.
    Last edited by MrNewbdude; 11-03-2011 at 02:29 AM.

@mallenas I understand your frustration i understand you want a jailbreak to add to your iPhone all those cool features .. me too am also like many others waiting for an untethered jailbreak for my 4s and i want to share an opinion why may be is taking lil longer than expected many of this users here i agree with there are not many exploits to waste you have to know this is a brand new OS and like Hoges64 said apple will release and update soon so we can't let this go to waste .. may b apple is waiting for us to break to release a jailbreak so they can simple study were they messed up and fix it then what ... ? lets just wait and remember why u love ur device why is it able to do so many useful thing bkuz of this very few plp putting all their time an effort .... BY THE WAY I THINK STEVE JOBS HAD TO HAVE HIS IPHONE JAILBROKEN I THINK MAY BE SECRETLY HE OBSERVED OUR COMMUNITY BECAUSE HE WAS PART OF IT HE WAS LIKE US INTERESTED IN THIS TECH SEE WHAT IT COULD DO .. I MEAN ITS NOT LIKE HE WAS SOME RICH KID THROWING MONEY TO GET THINGS DONE AND IT JUST HAPPENED TO MAKE A COMPUTER..THANK YOU DEV TEAM....BY THE WAY LADIES AND GENTS IF OU HAVE A JAILBROKEN DEVICE AND A H20 SIM CARD GOOD NEWS U CAN GET UNLIMITED TXT CALLS AND 3G FOR $60 BKUZ IT USES ATT FREQUENCY

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

I downloaded the app.Unfortunately, nothing nearby accepts this form of payment (yet).

Screw apple to the core...

Default anyone found a merchant that accepts???
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoxmfan View Post
    I downloaded the app.Unfortunately, nothing nearby accepts this form of payment (yet).
    Great idea, since we don't have NFC (yet) but same issue- no places accept this form of payment?
    Love the concept just wish it could be used.

Is square sold/working in the UK? I saw it when i went to the US a few weeks ago was goin to buy it but wasn't 100% it worked!