+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Admits iPhone 4S Battery Problems

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple officially admitted the iPhone 4S is having battery issues. Actually they admitted a "small number of customers" are experiencing crap battery life. I suppose a "small number" is PR
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Admits iPhone 4S Battery Problems

Apple officially admitted the iPhone 4S is having battery issues.

Actually they admitted a "small number of customers" are experiencing crap battery life. I suppose a "small number" is PR speak for "so many people have started complaining that we'll release a statement assuring them they're in the minority and that a fix is on the way."

The Loop coaxed the following statement out of an Apple spokesperson:

“A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices. We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.”

That software update will likely be iOS 5.0.1 which was released to developers today. Reports have already confirmed that the iOS 5.0.1 developers build does indeed fix a number of the battery issues plaguing iPhone 4S users. Apple included dictation and iCloud fixes as well.

Hopefully Apple's release window of "a few weeks" is more accurate than their iTunes Match release window of "by then end of October." Until Apple releases the update try this fix to extend the 4Ss battery life.

Have any of the developers in the MMi community had the chance to test iOS 5.0.1 out and confirm Apple resolved the battery issues?

Source: The Loop
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 11-02-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks

kewl, where is the friggin JB

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipony View Post
    kewl, where is the friggin JB
    I'm sure it does take a while trying to hack it.
    Why don't you try doing it and bang it out faster?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Tested iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4S (ATT) and it definitely improves the battery life

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nothing new, if PR speak, its not a small number.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

I have this battery issue. I had it fully charged at about 10am this morning. It was dead by 7pm. I looked at my usage stats and I had about 5 1/2 hours of use (was at the doctors office for quite a while today) and around 3 1/2 of standby. I'm thinking I should get around 7 hours easy of actual use, right? Anyways, I'm going to try out this 5.0.1 beta and see if it makes things better. on another note. Anyone else having issues when playing back video on their iphone and trying to get the slider to recognize that you want to move the video forwards or backwards? It can take me sometimes about 7 to 8 tries before it will finally let me move it. This is my second iphone 4s and I had replaced the other one because of that very problem because I was told it was a "multi-touch issue" as the apple floor rep got to try it out and it did the same thing to him. Thing is, my second one does the very same thing, so I'm assuming it's software related.

Thanks

Good to know! It'll be interesting to see how much the battery life improves

Thanks

See my post about iPhone 4S battery fix
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks

I believe it is software related. Before I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 I had no issues using the video slider. Now the only way I can get it to respond is a very precises and calculated effort to hit the slider. And once I've activated the slider, its not nearly as responsive moving backward and forward.

Thanks

Link to my post: iPhone 4S battery fix:

Worked on 2 iPhone 4Ss
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I knew I wasn't going crazy. I have that too as well as a little lag in safari when I goto a page. Use the back button the address bar hangs a bit longer than on 4.x. It's annoying. I thought cause I was on a slower 3GS but if 4 users have the slider problem maybe I'm not as crazy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

My 4S updated to 5.0.1.. testing.. seems better, but will know for sure tomorrow..

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

About time they admit it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have slider video problems as well.

**does anyone have problems with texts norma sending** I'm running iPhone 4s iOS 5

Thanks

I've noticed some battery issues, I've been doing some testing myself.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    I have this battery issue. I had it fully charged at about 10am this morning. It was dead by 7pm. I looked at my usage stats and I had about 5 1/2 hours of use (was at the doctors office for quite a while today) and around 3 1/2 of standby. I'm thinking I should get around 7 hours easy of actual use, right? Anyways, I'm going to try out this 5.0.1 beta and see if it makes things better. on another note. Anyone else having issues when playing back video on their iphone and trying to get the slider to recognize that you want to move the video forwards or backwards? It can take me sometimes about 7 to 8 tries before it will finally let me move it. This is my second iphone 4s and I had replaced the other one because of that very problem because I was told it was a "multi-touch issue" as the apple floor rep got to try it out and it did the same thing to him. Thing is, my second one does the very same thing, so I'm assuming it's software related.

You're killing your battery!

If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from
    Thanks

So apple have admitted a fault, they will probably tell you your holding it wrong and to get a bumper. Lmao

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need to get my phone on a dev account.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    iPhone 4 often has the same issue!!

Thanks

I installed it last night...just got to work so im gonna plug it in, get a full charge and see how much milage i get....