Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM #1
GarageBand Now Has Universal iOS Support With Release For iPhone and iPod Touch
Apple recently released a new universal Garageband iOS app today, which brings support for the iPhone and iPod Touch. According to Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing “Garageband on iPad has been a big hit and we think customers will love using it on their iPhone or iPod Touch. The innovative Multi-Touch interface combined with Smart Instruments makes it easy to create great sounding music, even if you’ve never studied music or played an instrument before.”
Previously, the Garageband was available on the Mac OS X and in terms of iOS devices, was exclusive to the iPad. The new version of the app (version 1.1) changes that though and brings not only support for the iPhone and iPod Touch but brings several enhancements as well. You can see the change log below:
What's New in Version 1.1
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Create custom chords for Smart Instruments
- Support for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures
- Reset song key without transposing original recordings
- Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves
- Additional quantization options for recordings including, straight, triplet and swing
- New audio export quality settings for AAC and AIFF (Uncompressed)
- Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard
- Adjustable velocity settings for Touch Instruments
- Numerous enhancements, including automatic fade out and improved audio import options
11-01-2011, 12:50 PM #2
I don't see it yet in the app store on my iPhone 4? 0_o
Edit: Never mind, it showed up now in the front page
By the way, is it possible to make ringtones using this app on the iPhone version?
Last edited by jose060789; 11-01-2011 at 12:54 PM.Sent from my iPhone 4.
11-01-2011, 02:22 PM #3
This is a very nice App. I'm really happy they brought it to the iPhone. It offers some light entertainment and has a far spread of features.
11-01-2011, 03:09 PM #4
Mmm might buy it. Music Studio is pretty good already though.