+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GarageBand Now Has Universal iOS Support With Release For iPhone and iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple recently released a new universal Garageband iOS app today, which brings support for the iPhone and iPod Touch. According to Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing “Garageband
    Thanks

Default GarageBand Now Has Universal iOS Support With Release For iPhone and iPod Touch

Apple recently released a new universal Garageband iOS app today, which brings support for the iPhone and iPod Touch. According to Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing “Garageband on iPad has been a big hit and we think customers will love using it on their iPhone or iPod Touch. The innovative Multi-Touch interface combined with Smart Instruments makes it easy to create great sounding music, even if you’ve never studied music or played an instrument before.”

Previously, the Garageband was available on the Mac OS X and in terms of iOS devices, was exclusive to the iPad. The new version of the app (version 1.1) changes that though and brings not only support for the iPhone and iPod Touch but brings several enhancements as well. You can see the change log below:

What's New in Version 1.1

- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
    - Create custom chords for Smart Instruments
    - Support for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures
    - Reset song key without transposing original recordings
    - Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves
    - Additional quantization options for recordings including, straight, triplet and swing
    - New audio export quality settings for AAC and AIFF (Uncompressed)
    - Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard
    - Adjustable velocity settings for Touch Instruments
    - Numerous enhancements, including automatic fade out and improved audio import options
    The app update is going live now and will be rolling out to all markets at the time of this post. If you want more information, you can hit the source link below to read Apple’s official press release.

Source: Apple

Thanks

I don't see it yet in the app store on my iPhone 4? 0_o

Edit: Never mind, it showed up now in the front page

By the way, is it possible to make ringtones using this app on the iPhone version?
    Last edited by jose060789; 11-01-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

This is a very nice App. I'm really happy they brought it to the iPhone. It offers some light entertainment and has a far spread of features.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Mmm might buy it. Music Studio is pretty good already though.