Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Compose Tweets and View Twitter Timeline from Lock Screen with TweetBoard [GIVEAWAY]

Default Compose Tweets and View Twitter Timeline from Lock Screen with TweetBoard [GIVEAWAY]

Compose and view your Twitter timeline right from your lock screen.

iOS 5's native Twitter integration has opened up a huge market for developers (App Store or Cydia) to begin building or updating their applications to support this new and wonderful feature. One limiting factor to iOS 5's Twitter integration however is that natively, you can only tweet from iOS in a few ways. In other words, you have to share a particular component (website, picture, video, etc.) attached to the tweet in order to utilize the integration. The jailbreak community has come up with ways to go around this. One tweak in particular, TweetBoard by SBCoders offers a way of composing tweets and viewing your timeline directly from the lock screen.

Since TweetBoard doesn't take Twitter information directly from the native Twitter settings tab, you must first go to Settings -> TweetBoard and add your username in order for it to work. After that, you can activate TweetBoard by double tapping the Home button with at the lock screen. The TweetBoard view shows you the most recent 15 tweets or so off your timeline. If you tap a tweet on the timeline, a blue box will come up showing you a full view of what was said. To compose a tweet, you can tap the compose button on the left side of the screen. It will bring up the default iOS 5 tweet window and allow you to tweet.

In my opinion, it will be really difficult for TweetBoard to compete against applications/tweaks such as Activator or IntelliScreenX which take this to an easier or whole new level. With Activator, you can set a method to bring up the iOS 5 tweet window from anywhere, including the lock screen. It's non-obtrusive and doesn't require any other applications in order to work. Similarly with IntelliScreenX, the overlay is clean, slick, and looks native in every respect.

Plus, TweetBoard's interface is only available on the lock screen and is limited. It only shows you the most recent 15 or so tweets off your timeline and doesn't show mentions, retweets, direct messages, or anything like that.

From a GUI standpoint, the interface is not particularly attractive either. Other than that, it performs just as it's advertised and could be a viable option for some people. With a little fine tuning here and there, TweetBoard could become a more useful tweak for your iOS device.

According to SBCoder's Twitter page, TweetBoard will be adding pull-to-refresh support as well as a full timeline. So heads up on that.

You can buy this for $0.99 right now in Cydia. It's compatible on all devices running 5.0+.

Name: TweetBoard
    Author: SBCoders
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Price: $0.99

The developer was gracious enough to gift us 10 copies of TweetBoard to giveaway to our readers here at ModMyi. Here's how you can enter and possibly win a copy:

Facebook Users:

• Like ModMyi on Facebook
    • Share the post off of ModMyi's timeline with "Win a copy of TweetBoard." It must include the link to the article as well as your Cydia Account number

Twitter Users:

• Follow @ModMyi
    • Follow @joshmtucker
    • Tweet from the site or retweet off of ModMyi's Twitter feed with "Win a copy of TweetBoard." You must include your Cydia Account number as well as the link to this article

Google+ Users:

• Add Joshua Tucker to your circles
    • Share the article
    • Post on my post with your Cydia Account number

If you do not follow these guidelines, you will be disqualified and not eligible for the giveaway. Also, you must reply to my tweet/comment 24 hours after being notified that you won. Othwerise, I will re-draw winners. I will choose the winners after 24 hours of this article being live.

I will be contacting the winners from my Twitter account (@joshmtucker), Google+ profile, or Facebook.

What are your thoughts? Would you buy something like this? How do you think TweetBoard could be improved? Comment below and tell us your opinion!
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-31-2011 at 06:38 PM.