Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4/4S Mod a Beautiful Tribute to Steve Jobs

  1. #21
    I wish they would make a good back plate with the pwnapple logo, I have seen the metal ones but I think they look ugly.

  2. #22
    It honestly doesn't matter who makes money off of it because no one offers things for free which cost money to make. If this cost like $150 then I can understand some of the complaints. Even Time's magazine made money off his memorial issue. Does that mean you won't buy a beatles album just because it goes to Michael Jackson's estate? Regardless of if it is in bad taste, which i don't disagree with, nothing is going to stop people from making these things available. Just look up steve jobs tribute on ebay and see for yourself. I think the whole point of buying one is to show others how much Steve's passing effected you. Not by blowing this out of proportion. To each his own

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by iDeadman View Post
    Not by blowing this out of proportion.
    taking this way out of proportion is my tribute to the guy
    ymmv

  4. #24
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    taking this way out of proportion is my tribute to the guy
    ymmv
    Now you're just trolling...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  5. #25
    Like I said the next iPhone should just have a Steve jobs edition iPhone

  6. #26
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Peters Twp, PA
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts

    I can't possibly be the only one who thinks this should become the new Apple logo. It would be the best tribute yet. Or maybe a limited edition 4S that's called the iPhone 4S (for Steve)

  7. #27
    Britney Spears of MMi Zeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,664
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 180 Times in 148 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    unless the $ goes to steve's family, i won't buy it. just bad taste to profit off someone else's name.
    Yeah because their soooo poor
    EDM

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorjr View Post
    If some money would have gone to cancer research i could have bought one. Now they only try to make money for them self.
    I absolutely agree with you. ALL the proceeds from this sale should go to cancer research in steves name.

  9. #29
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 43 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Yeah because their soooo poor
    no because thats their husband/father's face being used.

    do you think it would be ok if i took a photo of you mother and sold it to people without your consent? How about if i made a pin the tail on the old lady game and pasted her face on it?

    and i don't even give you one red cent.

    doesn't seem so cool now does it?

    granted they don't need the money. its the fact someone took a loved ones image/likeness and used it however they wanted.

    there's a difference in making ONE for yourself as a tribute, and a few thousand to promote sales of a plastic case.

    as raptorjr said, if the $ went to a charity or some other worthy cause, i guess it wouldn't irk me so much.
    Last edited by Madman604x; 11-01-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman604x View Post
    no because thats their husband/father's face being used.

    do you think it would be ok if i took a photo of you mother and sold it to people without your consent? How about if i made a pin the tail on the old lady game and pasted her face on it?

    and i don't even give you one red cent.

    doesn't seem so cool now does it?

    granted they don't need the money. its the fact someone took a loved ones image/likeness and used it however they wanted.

    there's a difference in making ONE for yourself as a tribute, and a few thousand to promote sales of a plastic case.

    as raptorjr said, if the $ went to a charity or some other worthy cause, i guess it wouldn't irk me so much.
    Funny thing,
    I was about to post a rant disagreeing with you,
    because the whole thing sounds silly (imo) and I personally wouldn't care,
    but according to
    Personality rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and by extension:
    MusicBlob - California Civil Code – Section 3344 – 3344.1 [Astaire Celebrity Image Protection Act]

    Steve's face really is protected for another 69.9 years
    And you are correct: it's owned by his wife and kids, and their descendants.
    And making one for yourself is permitted as "original work of art".

    (now all the Jobses have to do, is sue every cheap knockoff artist in China.... bleh )

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Funny thing,
    I was about to post a rant disagreeing with you,
    because the whole thing sounds silly (imo) and I personally wouldn't care,
    but according to
    Personality rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and by extension:
    MusicBlob - California Civil Code Section 3344 3344.1 [Astaire Celebrity Image Protection Act]

    Steve's face really is protected for another 69.9 years
    And you are correct: it's owned by his wife and kids, and their descendants.
    And making one for yourself is permitted as "original work of art".

    (now all the Jobses have to do, is sue every cheap knockoff artist in China.... bleh )
    You can thank Walt Disney for the 69.9 year rule. Disney wanted all of Walts creations and their products to remain exclusive after his death, because at the time when someone died the copyrights on their creations were nixed. Disney used its lobbying power to get copyright protections extended to life + 70 years. All about the money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •