Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Android and iPhone Users' Social Media Habits

Default Android and iPhone Users Social Media Habits

Graphs, charts, numbers and tons of other analytical devices have been used to compare the data usage of Android and iOS users before. The consensus—while shifting back and forth between who uses more—seems to be that both use a ton of data. But, how much of that data is dedicated to social media and unsavory Facebook stalking habits? Onavo has the answer.

Onavo, an App we’ve highlighted on the site before, helps users reduce data consumption and allowed Onavo to analyze the social activity of more than 100,000 iPhone and Android users. Onavo’s results covered a period of 30 days and are neatly packaged in the fancy info-graphic below.

Perhaps the most obvious piece of data is that android users use Google+ 27% more than Apple users. In terms of Twitter, Linkedin, Foursquare, and Facebook Messenger iOS and Android users use the devices almost an identical percentage of the time. Remember that 27% difference in Google+ usage? Well all those users not using Google+ appear to have jumped ship from Facebook as 90% of iOS users use the social network compared 63% of Android users. Obviously this is most likely a coincidence.

Facebook dominates total data consumption among both platform’s users as well accounting for 10% of all mobile data on the iPhone and 5% of mobile data on Android. That is a lot of data. the other social networks don’t account for a whole lot of data with Linkedin showing an embarrassingly low percentage of use. This should change as BlackBerry dies and enterprise users transition to Android and iOS.

Source: iPhoneHacks
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 10-29-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting to see much more ppl use Facebook on iPhones then on Android and much more use Androids only for Google

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Google+ is neat but won't kill Facebook. Facebook is the social network that just won't die. Even with the new layout everyone seem to dislike no one left it in favor for Google+.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

I used onavo for quite a while, and it looked like i was saving mega data, however when i was at work a friend and i were trying to find something on google, his i4 was thrashing my 4S to sites,images and searches, i never really notice how slow it was before as i was always on wifi, then i removed the onavo profile and boooom away it went, the onavo profile was slowing data right down, it seemed ok on my i4 but not my 4S...

they just compared iPhone vs Android Phones (no iPods no iPads and no facebook users like me) I think they have more percentage on google + just because the phone comes with it

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    they just compared iPhone vs Android Phones (no iPods no iPads and no facebook users like me) I think they have more percentage on google + just because the phone comes with it
    Android phones aren't preloaded with Google+. It's still an app that must be downloaded...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Android phones aren't preloaded with Google+. It's still an app that must be downloaded...
    That might be so, but just having to create a google account to experience the full android experience will lead a lot of users just to try the google+ out. unlike the iPhone.
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

It seems that no one cares about LinkedIn, no matter what they use, lol.