Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: MuscleNerd Provides Proof Of An iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Jailbreak - No ETA Given (Updated)

Thanks

Default MuscleNerd Provides Proof Of An iPhone 4S Jailbreak - No ETA Given

Popular iOS developer and hacker MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team has recently tweeted what many people have been waiting to see: proof of an iPhone 4S jailbroken on iOS 5. His tweet did mention that this is a very early version of the jailbreak and it is far from a public release. Furthermore, no ETAs have been given as of right now so we will have to continue to be patient.

This does give us some hope though that the iPhone 4S jailbreak will probably be released sometime over the next few weeks. At the very least, we know it has been achieved and there is progress being made to have it packaged for a public release. It has currently not been confirmed whether the method was a tethered or untethered jailbreak but I am sure for the many iPhone 4S users, having any form of a jailbreak beats having none at all. It is also possible that the same exploit might be usable on the iPad 2 (which also runs on the same A5 chip) but there has been no mention of that either.

Stay tuned for more information regarding the matter!

Source: MuscleNerd (Twitter) (1) (2)

UPDATE

MuscleNerd has tweeted again, this time with video proof of the same preliminary jailbreak working on an iPad 2. The assumption previously made was correct! You can see the video below:

Last edited by Akshay Masand; 10-28-2011 at 05:00 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

Turnamental (10-28-2011)

Sick, can't wait
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

looking forward to it ....even though it will most likely be tethered

I've been waiting patiently as I just made the swap from android. Was betting on a quicker jailbreak for the 4S but oh well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evojoey View Post
    I'll take tethered NO problem! I miss my jailbreak tweaks and am seriously considering busting out my back up old bootrom 3GS.

Just tuck the 4S back in it's box and put it in my desk. Sold the iPhone 4... I guess I shouldn't have done that...
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvance's Avatar
    Thanks

I cannot ******* wait...Finally!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

I'm on my first tethered jailbreak now and it's great. I never turn my phone off anyway so I'm not sure why I was so worried in the first place! Give tethered a try. It ain't so bad!

My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Thanks

MuscleNerd... no words can express just how awesome you Dev's are. I reset my I4 to trade in to a 4s and can't wait to get "my phone" back! Keep up the good work!

I kno this is off topic, but last night i jailbroke my iphone 4 ios 5 with redsnow beta 6 i think? And the jailbreak made my iphone super laggy without even downloading anything from cydia. Anyone else have this happen to them?
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 514 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    I kno this is off topic, but last night i jailbroke my iphone 4 ios 5 with redsnow beta 6 i think? And the jailbreak made my iphone super laggy without even downloading anything from cydia. Anyone else have this happen to them?
    Happened to me aswell, I restored and jailbroke with 0.9.9b7

If you're using windows7 64bit, run it in windows xp service pack 3 compatability mode..

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I'm on my first tethered jailbreak now and it's great. I never turn my phone off anyway so I'm not sure why I was so worried in the first place! Give tethered a try. It ain't so bad!
    I have always steered clear of the tethered option but your post go me thinking. I never turn my phone off either but i do have to constantly use the "Reboot Device" and "Restart Springboard" options when installing Cydia apps/tweaks. Don't these options require the phone to be booted using ( e.g. Redsn0w ) before they can restart?
    Last edited by trebormen; 10-28-2011 at 04:28 AM. Reason: wanted to include following quote

My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 514 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trebormen View Post
    I have always steered clear of the tethered option but your post go me thinking. I never turn my phone off either but i do have to constantly use the "Reboot Device" and "Restart Springboard" options when installing Cydia apps/tweaks. Don't these options require the phone to be booted using ( e.g. Redsn0w ) before they can restart?

Only restart requires tethered boots, respring is fine..

Musclenerd is the man 
    I hope apple doesn't release a new firmware anytime soon

Hope it works on iPad 2

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

Legend!

love the work these guys do

What make you say that?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trebormen View Post
    Respring is fine. I done the first few major tweaks while I was sat at the computer like winterboard, sb settings, bytafont etc etc just incase any needed a reboot. Which I think I done twice. After that, just downloading themes/fonts etc all that is needed is a respring which you don't need Redsn0w for.

Still a long way to go - but he is very, very good so we'll see.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Those guys Rock!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast