+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS is 'PWNING' Nintendo's Profits

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you can't beat them join them! I think it would be awesome if nintendo came out with a ninphonedo!!! What a way to switch it on everybody!!! Originally Posted
    iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can't beat them join them! I think it would be awesome if nintendo came out with a ninphonedo!!! What a way to switch it on everybody!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I think that most iOS games SUCK when compared to dsi & psp games, they are simply not deep & feel cheap. Nintendo & Sony need a portable system that comes with there own version of an AppStore, where we can conveniently buy games. They need to get with the times! Duh
    Sony did get on board
    Last edited by buttamix; 10-28-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Thanks

I really love my iphone 4, but i think games on idevice are just to pass time while waiting for your appointment, waiting on someone/gf getting ready, waiting on something or overall just to pass time. Nintendo/PSP are more for playing REAL games. But both NEED to step up their game YO!
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    I really love my iphone 4, but i think games on idevice are just to pass time while waiting for your appointment, waiting on someone/gf getting ready, waiting on something or overall just to pass time. Nintendo/PSP are more for playing REAL games. But both NEED to step up their game YO!
    So, games on iOS aren't real I haven't noticed that

Nintendo should give up and develop their games to iOS I will never buy a nintendo ds or something like that but if they have their games on iOS I definitely will buy some of their games, (my opinion they just jealous)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow wow... All this information is completely wrong. Nintendo did not lower the price of the 3DS because of apple, there were other reasons, the DS at launch cost $129, and the 3DS at $249, thats a big difference isnt it? The DS back in the day sold the original DS had a staggered global launch, with five months between the Japanese, American and European launches, giving it less time to perform. Its sales totalled 6.65 million for the first seven months of its life. The 3DS has sold more then that so far in a less amount of the original DS that sold over 150 million units in its lifetime.And honestly... i rather Play Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time or Beyond the labyrinth instead of Angry birds(which i can get on the the Wii shop channel) or Tiny winds on my little iPod.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it is obvious that we all have different opinions about this topic..... I personally haven't played a Nintendo game in quite some time now..... I am not worried for Nintendo, I'm sure they will make the right decision for their company's future.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzeh View Post
    Wow wow... All this information is completely wrong. Nintendo did not lower the price of the 3DS because of apple, there were other reasons, the DS at launch cost $129, and the 3DS at $249, thats a big difference isnt it? The DS back in the day sold the original DS had a staggered global launch, with five months between the Japanese, American and European launches, giving it less time to perform. Its sales totalled 6.65 million for the first seven months of its life. The 3DS has sold more then that so far in a less amount of the original DS that sold over 150 million units in its lifetime.And honestly... i rather Play Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time or Beyond the labyrinth instead of Angry birds(which i can get on the the Wii shop channel) or Tiny winds on my little iPod.
    Cool story, bro.

Apple sold 4 million 4s' in a weekend. Fact is, the DS or 3DS looks quite lame next to an iPod touch. Portable game console vs portable game console, iPod, camera, FaceTime, webz, Facebook, texting, email, movies, ect, ect...

Sure, some people wanna play Pokeman, but as far as the major consumer market goes the iPod/iPhone product line is MUCH more desired. Nintendo is in serious trouble.. They'll end up developing for Apple. Or panhandling in the streets. Maybe both....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They should come up with some kind of adapter to pop in the bottom of the iPhone that would be like a game boy and start coming out with games for ios. Def would b there best choice. I'd buy one and I don't even play games. If it worked I'd even play games like madden or nba jam if I had actual buttons to press and my thumbs weren't in the way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've owned practically every console and handheld since the Atari 2600 and will likely get a 3DS for my kids and Vita for myself. I love mobile gaming on my iPhone but most iOS games lack true console quality.

I think Nintendo is making the right move by not putting their games on iOS. True gamers are going to buy consoles or handhelds to get the exclusive titles. Sure iOS has had an impact on Nintendo (and others), but I think it would be mostly attributed to those casual gamers just looking for mobile games.

Nintendo is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    So, games on iOS aren't real I haven't noticed that

Nintendo should give up and develop their games to iOS I will never buy a nintendo ds or something like that but if they have their games on iOS I definitely will buy some of their games, (my opinion they just jealous)
    What i meant is nintendo games have more options and longer lasting game play then iOS games. I went thru fragger in few short of time sorta of.

But aside all this i still prefer to whip out my iPhone 4 in public rather then my DS. iPhone is smaller n cooler (:
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nintendo needs to get smart and start releasing their titles on iOS. I swear the people on these site are so clueless about the reality that surrounds them. "Real gamers"? Who the **** cares about real gamers? They make up about 2% of the consumer market. They are completely inconsequential when compared to the casual or recreational gamer. Angry birds has proved that you don't need "depth" or some other esoteric gaming nonsense to be successful. Mario Kart, Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros all would be fantastic on iOS.

Thanks

If Nintendo is smart they will utilize the iOS devices and make a market for Nintendo. They could make a controller or case as a controller for iOS devices and the build games for the appstore. However there really is nothing stopping the developers of the nintendo games to start developing for ios. Other then license agreements. Heck maybe Nintendo could make an adapter to connect to the iOS device and the. We could play the cartridges right from the software that Nintendo would have made to read it. All the cartridges really are is an SD card in a pretty case. I know if nintendo made the adapter and publishes they'd software on the AppStore I would def be onboard for this!!
    if (youTryToBeSmarter)
    {
    i.WillTryToBeNicer();
    }
    //oh here let me translate for you to something that is easier to understand!
    If youTryToBeSmarter Then
    i.WillTryToBeNicer()
    End If

Thanks

"which costed less than the Nintendo 3DS" Costed? Please consult a dictionary right now. Do you guys not have spell check?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dajokeisonu's Avatar
    Thanks

I love how some people state "Roms are hard to come by these days" .... Seriously

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    Nintendo needs to get smart and start releasing their titles on iOS. I swear the people on these site are so clueless about the reality that surrounds them. "Real gamers"? Who the **** cares about real gamers? They make up about 2% of the consumer market. They are completely inconsequential when compared to the casual or recreational gamer. Angry birds has proved that you don't need "depth" or some other esoteric gaming nonsense to be successful. Mario Kart, Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros all would be fantastic on iOS.
    I agree with you 100%. I buy apps/games extremely frequently for my iPhone and use them often but I will never buy a DS in a million years. I really want nintendo to release games on the iPhone and I think they are extremely stupid for not doing so. I think kids and the "hardcore" gamers are going to buy the DS regardless so why make yourself struggle and not release it on the iphone. on the iphone people like me will happily hand our money to nintendo vs $0 to nintendo by them not. If it was a good game I wouldnt even mind spending $10,$20 maybe $30 depending on length. I think some of the more expensive apps are starting to prove that people with an iPhone dont mind spending more if its worth it.

Additionally my iPhone is with me EVERYWHERE EVERYDAY. A DS would rarely be with me, and I imagine not many people bring their DS with them everywhere. Nintendo should port some of their older games as a test(how many people have the nes emulator app, I know I did when i was jailbroken). PLUS mario cart would be so awesome on the iphone.
    make it a great day!

Thanks

Whoa, whoa, whoa.
    The iPod touch and the iPhone 4, which costed less than the Nintendo 3DS...
    Costed. Costed?You've got to be joking. My 2nd grader wouldn't make make that mistake.

Thanks

Good morning all, First of all, I think the article lacked body and not enough support. Second, we are in a forum called modmyi - where the majority of the votes are going to be swayed towards any idevices. I have been a gamer since the atari 2600 (just like somebody who posted earlier), cammodore, attari 5200 and so forth. I've had the gameboy, ds, psp and there respective consoles. But no idevices will bring the true gaming experince that these hand held devices bring. I have two kids, and yes, while they do grab my iphone/ipad and play with it and clearly enjoy it, the choice of gaming while we take long drives is clearly ds (5yr) and psp(13yr). The idevices is what the late Mr Steve Jobs wanted, a sleek, sexy and with a slight entertainment device that the public that turn to to pass time. While is cool and the hottest devices in the planet - nothing compares to the entertainment a true gamer gets while playing metal gear on there psp. Do I really want to play street fighter (my all time favorite game) on my idevice or do I want to really enjoy the smooth graphics and control padThe only knock I have on the ds/psp is that they are banking on old technology. While the idevices have made it easier to get games, nintendo and sony (like many have indicated here) should do similar moves to compete. The world is about evolution and hands down the idevices has revolutionize the way we GET games BUT not the way we PLAY games.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa.Costed. Costed?You've got to be joking. My 2nd grader wouldn't make make that mistake.
    make make?

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 720 Posts

Well app store games compared to the full Zelda games and Pokemon and super Mario are not on the app store. So I don't understand. Our app store games don't compare to them. How come Nintendo doesn't get on the ball and make a Mario game for iPhone. They'll find sales there

Thanks
    I wouldn't mind having classic Mario on iOS or n64 games

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The use of Steve Jobs photos like this just feels wrong anymore. Going forward, you really should start using photos of someone else to cover up bad reporting...