Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] GameLoft's Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation

Default [Review] GameLoft's Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation

GameLoft Released their new Modern Combat game today; number 3 in their trilogy.

GameLoft is well known for their high quality graphics and well-playable games. They aren't cheap games. They are intense, adrenaline pumping, and fun! GameLoft's last release, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus was a stunning release following GameLoft's Modern Combat: Sandstorm. Sandstorm is game one in the series and costs $4.99. Black Pegasus (also known as Sandstorm 2) is the second game in the series costing $6.99.

In August, GameLoft posted a teaser video on YouTube for the next game in the series; Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation.

This game isn't just a run-on from the previous two. Oh no. It comes with a lot of new features including new multiplayer modes, new maps, and new weapons. This First-Person Shooter supersedes the last not only in those features but it has new controls, for example Sprint and Slide. It aims to bring the most realistic First-Person Shooter experience to the iPhone up to date. The graphics are even better than the previous game (which was impressive to begin with). Most of the graphics improvements will be best seen on the iPhone 4S.

Game play is similar to a desktop First-Person Shooter. You are given a main weapon and a secondary pistol. You can collect ammo by walking over killed enemies or by finding ammo boxes. Weapons are reloaded by taping the weapon icon on the screen, weapons are switched by swiping the icon. You can pick up the weapons of your killed enemies as well. You can squat to hide behind scenery and pop up and down to aim or spray your shots. There is an aim button to aim down your sight, tap once to aim tap again to stop aiming.

Like all good First-Person Shooters you have a nice campaign mode and also online multiplayer. You need to make a GameLoft account to participate in online multiplayer, but it is well worth it, and it is fun. You can play with friends or you can play online with strangers. There isn't a chat option, but you can customize your kill signatures; which are used to taunt the player that you kill. There are six different multiplayer modes to play: Battle, Team Battle, Capture the Flag, Manhunt, Zone Control, Destruction, and Bomb Squad. Each game is different and has its own kind of game play. You have the ability to choose which kind of game play that you want to play as you can create matches or join them. So you aren't forced to play what you don't enjoy. There is a rank up system which unlocks new multiplayer guns. Obviously, the higher the level, the cooler the guns you can use.

The campaign mode has 13-mission campaign levels. They are all fair-length. It might take a couple days to beat. Some of them require strategy including the boss fights, some of them are entry level and just require you to kill enemies. The controls are the same as for multiplayer, although you will be told where to go and what to do.

Below are some screenshots of game play:

Download it here.
    Developer: GameLoft
    Price: $6.99
    Rating: 4-5/5 Stars

Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments below!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Pretty fun game. A bit hard to control at first, for me, but I picked it up pretty quickly. The graphics are actually very comparable to Xbox Live gameplay graphics for a lot of shooters, believe it or not. The gameplay isn't there yet, but they're very close. I give it 4.5 out of 5 just because it can take a little while to learn the controls accurately, just like any game though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Agree, the game is nice but its just begging for a proper control than a touchscreen.

Having a lot of issues with it right now, not sure if its my wifi router or I should just turn my Iphone4 off and on. The fps is very very choppy for multiplayer. (Online only guy, never played single player lol) Screen is almost unresponsive sometimes, but like everyone else 4.5/5 hoping gameloft will update it soon. They know how popular this FPS series is for Iphone/itouch users, I can't see letting some of the bugs iv seen go unfixed right after its release.

I know this isn't a word but...funest game ever! I should get an iPad for it itouch to small. It is one of the best games tho.

My official COD for iOS

I find the touch game play to be difficult to master but easy to pick up. The graphics in this game are absolutely incredible. Although it's a little bit choppy at times even on my 4S I am hopeful for an untethered jailbreak soon, and possibly the ability to actually use the A5 processor to its potential rather than what Apple deemed to be enough.

Try playing with the gyroscope setting
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks

Pretty impressive. But the touchscreen style controls is just not right for a game like that. I also wish I had an Apple TV so I can mirror it.

I have yet to see a true quality game from GameLoft...

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got it and I love it. Best game I've got in my opinion.

I've been playing it a lot today. The touch controls seem to be a little less sensitive than the previous version; Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus. But after some getting used to, the game is very solid. I love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Love this game, very well done gameloft, could've been a bit longer but couldn't stop playing when I got it