Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Put more music-related controls on your lock screen to better use your iPod/Music application. If you're one to use the lock screen buttons to control your iPod/Music.app, you may find...
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM #1
Add More Music Controls to Lock Screen with SuperMusic [GIVEAWAY]
Put more music-related controls on your lock screen to better use your iPod/Music application.
If you're one to use the lock screen buttons to control your iPod/Music.app, you may find this tweak a good addition to your iOS device. By default, when you double tap the Home button, some minor music controls appear. You have the Play/Pause button and the rewind/fast forward buttons. But besides that, you have limited control in regards to changing songs, setting repeat, or the various other core music controls inside the iPod/Music application. SuperMusic by Akhil Tolani adds more functionality to your lock screen by placing more music-related controls for you to choose from.
As you can see from the header image, SuperMusic adds the follow new buttons to your lock screen. To activate the SuperMusic shade, simply double tap the Home button like default:
- New Rewind and Fast Forward
The buttons within themselves are pretty self explanatory, however here's the scoop on the new rewind and fast forward buttons, as well as the lyrics and iPod buttons.
The new rewind and fast forward buttons add a faster way of performing those same functions. When you tap either one of them, they constantly either rewind or fast forward until you tap them again. So instead of having to hold down the button, you can just simply tap the new buttons (the rewind and fast forward buttons that are the outermost of the five). The other ones still can be used as rewind or fast forward buttons, however with SuperMusic installed, they seem to become more of skip buttons.
When you tap the lyrics button, which is located on the far left under the volume bar, it will show you the lyrics to the song you're listening to. In order for this to work, you must have lyrics already inside that particular song (does not check the internet or other sources for lyrics). On the other side, you can tap the iPod button to bring you inside your iPod/Music application. If you have a passcode, at any point that the tweak may bring you off the lock screen and into your device, you will need to type a passcode.
SuperMusic has only one setting which can be found at Settings -> SuperMusic. Inside the SuperMusic tab, you can change what color you song list text to be on the lock screen.
After toying around with SuperMusic for a bit, here are my pros and cons:
- It adds new controls that haven't been on the lock screen before in regards to music
- From a GUI perspective, the look of the tweak is not that appealing
- Also, when it is activated, it seems really cluttered and makes everything else in the background look blurry and distorted
- On iOS 5, it makes the notifications look really messy when SuperMusic is activated
- The song list is great, but there needs to be a better way of finding and (or) organizing music so you can more easily find music
Author: Akhil Tolani
Akhil was gracious enough to offer 10 copies of SuperMusic to our readers here at Modmyi. Here's how you can enter:
- Like ModMyi on Facebook
- Share the post off of ModMyi's timeline with "Win a copy of SuperMusic." It must include the link to the article as well as your Cydia Account number
- Follow @ModMyi
- Follow @joshmtucker
- Tweet from the site or retweet off of ModMyi's Twitter feed with "Win a copy of SuperMusic." You must include your Cydia Account number as well as the link to this article
- Add Joshua Tucker to your circles
- Share the article
- Post on my post with your Cydia Account number
I will be contacting the winners from my Twitter account (@joshmtucker), Google+ profile, or Facebook.
What are your thoughts? Do you find this useful for you? If not, why? Post your comments below!
Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-27-2011 at 04:25 PM.
10-27-2011, 04:37 PM #2
Looks nice. Will have to see if this works with iTunes sync. If so, will definitely buy this (once we have a JB for the 4S)
10-27-2011, 05:33 PM #3
What is the big white square in the top right? It's really distracting lol.
10-27-2011, 05:39 PM #4
10-27-2011, 05:40 PM #5
10-27-2011, 05:44 PM #6
10-28-2011, 03:09 AM #7
Wonder if something like this could work into the music/ipod app
10-28-2011, 12:00 PM #8
Hey look, someone has good taste in music...
10-28-2011, 05:01 PM #9
how to download this?
10-28-2011, 06:27 PM #10