Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Combine Music and Video App to Original iPod App with Unified Ipod for iOS 5

Default Combine Music and Video App to Original iPod App with Unified Ipod for iOS 5

Go back to the good ol' days and have the one iPod.app for both music and video on iOS 5.

Let's face it. Of all the annoying things that iOS 5 did, my number one is the separation of the Music and Video components of the iPod.app. Although I'm not a complainer by any means, I can imagine many people feel the same way. The question that always comes to me is, "why?" What was the reason for this separation? How does this make the iOS experience more user intuitive and easy to navigate through? Many of you I'm sure have asked similar why questions and can't imagine why Apple would have done this.

Nonetheless, for those of us on iOS 5, we have to live with this separation and are continuing to wish that there was way to fix it and bring it back to the good ol' days. Well, if you're jailbroken on iOS 5, you're in luck.

Just released in Cydia, Unified Ipod for iOS 5 does just that. With it installed, it recombines your Music and Video applications into the once again, unified iPod application. It's as simple as that. All the same functionality that the iOS 4 iPod application had was brought back and everything is back to normal. What a relief!

Go download this now if the Music and Video applications bugged you as much as it did me! And the best part - it's free. It is compatible on only the iPhone and iPod touch running 5+ at this time. Hopefully iPad support will be added soon.

Name: Unified Ipod for iOS 5
    Author: i beat daily
    Version: 0.0.3-5
    Price: Free

Leap for joy? Isn't great that the jailbreak community knows how to fix things properly? Post your comments below!
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-27-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Nice too bad cant use this cuz no untethered jailbreak but thanks anyways :P

Yeah I wondered why the heck they decided to separate those. If I ever JB again I might use this, but as of right now I probably won't JB my 3GS again. I may try it whenever I get a 4S if an untethered solution is out by then.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I never understood the seperation reason either. I am glad I can have my iPod icon back.

from what i understood, they're reasoning for separating it because it was blurring the line between ipod and iphone. they didn't want something that said "ipod" on the iphone. still a really stupid decision in my eyes, if anything just rename it to "media" instead of separating...

Its always been like this on the iPod Touches.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Brilliant!! I love these little tweaks the community comes up with!

now all we need is a jailbreak for 4s

whats the source for it? its not showing up for me in cydia :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I remember seeing a tweak to unify iPT's apps a long time ago, and I was hoping an iOS5 version would be released. Thank you so much for the heads up!

Love it. Can't stand the separated apps. Although its minor i like everything to be together.

It's in the modmyi repo. Just loaded it.

sweet thanks i got it!

Wow...damn
    Anyway. My 4s has separate apps but I still have my videos in the songs section, anyone else?

No winter board? Sweet
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I never understood the seperation reason either. I am glad I can have my iPod icon back.
    There's two New Store buttons in both in the top left so Apple can sell more junk is probably why

I really don't care if the music and video is combined. My real concern about the music app on iOS 5 is it's not as fast and responsive as it was on iOS 4.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Why on earth they split this to begin with is beyond me. More un-deletable BS to clutter my screen.

Thanks

Thanks Josh for pointing this out. It is the most annoying change made in IOS5. Thanks I Beat Daily for this new app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

The separation is sooo simple, as daft as this may sound: if you have an iPhone that has a built-in "iPod" then you will probably think "I don't need an iPod, I already have one". However, if you remove the "iPod" from your iPhone then perhaps you will still buy another iPod.

I know it sounds daft, but I bet that's why :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast