+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Granted Patent for 'Slide to Unlock' and Potentially All Other Unlocking Gestures

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
apple+lawsuit=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

apple+lawsuit=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Green Apple
    Thanks

I understand them trying to protect their ideas, but why not just ask people to change their implementations? They already have money, they don't need any more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
    Einstein was one of them....
    old dude???

so, you're saying we need people like this

instead of like this

_

The guy in the first picture was senile, doddering, and didn't invent squat.
    My money's on the other guy.
    Last edited by raduga; 10-26-2011 at 06:53 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, Could you tell me how to repair my Iphone becaue it is severely damaged from a typhoon?
    >>>>Peace is never been an Option<<<<

Nikon s205 Digital Camera

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Copying what the other guy does (slide to unlock) is not innovation. In fact, it's the exact opposite.

It's patents like this that spur innovation by not allowing companies to copy each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
    r u kidding me!?! this is apple brilliance. how often do you see a problem that is continually encountered solved so simply? jobs you the man!
    Did you two even read the article? It clearly shows that Neonode had the idea first in the Windows CE Neonode N1m . Apple copied them, just like they do with every other so called "invention" of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    The guy in the first picture was senile, doddering, and didn't invent squat.
    My money's on the other guy.
    For the record Einstein came up with one of the most revolutionary theories and many more, and he did it when he was young. He just did not get noticed until he was old.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    For the record Einstein came up with one of the most revolutionary theories and many more, and he did it when he was young. He just did not get noticed until he was old.
    for the record, he was an ambitious little punk who took took the world by storm before turning 30.

The Swiss PTO knew what they were doing, when they hired nervous, circumspect young men, struggling to feed their families on a crappy paycheck. They hired A. Einstein because he was a n00b, college graduate, figured that he was smart and probably wouldn't make a ruckus.

They were right on everything but the last bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
    Funny... How would young people know about new technology without old farts creating that new technology? Ever thought about it that way?
    We make a fetish out of old farts, but the young farts are the tricky ones. They think your technology is lame and make up new rules because they can't be bothered to learn the old rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Some other geezer
    Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
    ???
    Last edited by raduga; 10-26-2011 at 09:24 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
    ok so bill gates is childish? telcel is childish? apple is childish? im sorry but i think you have the definition of childish misconstrued. How is trying to build a monoploly childish??? youre all focusing on something thats actually a strategic business move.. apple is merely a squirrel trying to get a nut.. exactly what kraxik said.. if you guys dont like it yell at the patent companys.. apple is reaping the revenue of this and doubtfully is gonna be concerned with their image of obtaining a prestigoues patent, what you should be focused on is the fact that this is allowed. not the fact the apple jumped on it while it was hot
    Read my quote. It's the same thing. I'm basing it on child saying "it's mine!". Apple by far isn't the only one.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol right to left..... shes not very smart

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    agreed. This is a bit extreme and I am confused on how they got this passed.
    Its all about money and bribing and lobbying. I bet and predict that couple of years later someone will reveal some kind of scandal that apple paid heavy ransom monies to the govt officials to get patents but since time will be gone and nothing could have been done about it. I bet!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    It's companies like this who stunt any type of innovation.
    Do you even know what 'innovation' means?!

Quote Originally Posted by Collins English Dictionary
    British English: innovation. An innovation is a new thing or new method of doing something.
    Stopping other companies from copying forces them to 'innovate', forcing them to come up with a new way of unlocking.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12