+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Increase Text Lines and Change Clear Button with NotificationCenter Enhancer [GIVEAWAY]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Change how much text is shown as well as how the Clear button behaves in the Notification Center Over the past few days, we've seen a huge growth in Notification
    Thanks

Default Increase Text Lines and Change Clear Button with NotificationCenter Enhancer [GIVEAWAY]

Change how much text is shown as well as how the Clear button behaves in the Notification Center

Over the past few days, we've seen a huge growth in Notification Center widgets that have been released, as documented in Widget Round-Up 1 and 2. But, at this point, there have been few people who've tackled trying to change the behavior of the Notification Center itself. A developer by the name of skram is trying to change how you utilize the Notification Center for the better. His recently released tweak NotificationCenter Enhancer is his first step to reaching his goal.

With NotificationCenter Enhancer, you can change one of two things at the moment:
    • One tap clear
    • Number of lines shown
    One tap clear has to do with how the clear button behaves in the Notification Center. If you enable one tap clear, you can simply tap the clear button to clear notifications. This differs from having to click the "X" button and than clear to remove the respective notifications.

Number of lines shown allows you to customize how many lines of a respective notification is shown. The Notification Center defines the amount of content that is shown by default, without any input from NotificationCenter Enhancer. However if you tinker with the NotificationCenter Enhancer settings (Settings -> NotificationCenter Enhancer), you can change the number of text lines that are shown (ranges from 2 - 11). This means you can, for example, read almost an entire email right from the Notification Center without having to go into the Mail.app. Some applications truncate the amount of content that is shown by automatically (i.e. Tweetbot), but for the most part, you're able to use this feature with all notifications.

At this point, NotificationCenter Enhancer is limited in features, however the developer has plans to expand it to a higher extent in upcoming updates. Below is a video showcasing what he has in store for us coming soon.

If NotificationCenter Enhancer continues to add new and interesting features and later updates, as described in the video, it's bound to be a good fit with Intelliborn's upcoming IntelliscreenX.

Here are my pros and cons.

Pros:
    • The features it has now and is planning on having will change how you experience the Notification Center. It will make it more useful and user-intuitive in the long run, allowing the user to customize it how they wish
    Cons:
    • It lacks a lot of features at this point. However if the features displayed in the video are added, NotificationCenter Enhancer will be taken to a whole new level
    Purchase it in Cydia now for $0.99. It's available on all iOS 5-compatible devices.

Name: NotificationCenter Enhancer
    Author: skram
    Version: 1.0.0-1
    Price: $0.99

Courtesy of skram, you can win a copy of NotificationCenter Enhancer by following the instructions below:

Facebook Users:
    • Like ModMyi on Facebook
    • Share the post off of ModMyi's timeline with "Win a copy of NC Enhancer." It must include the link to the article
    Twitter Users:
    • Follow @ModMyi
    • Follow @joshmtucker
    • Tweet from the site or retweet off of ModMyi's Twitter feed with "Win a copy of NC Enhancer." You must include your Cydia Account number as well as the link to this article
    Google+ Users:
    • Add Joshua Tucker to your circles
    • Share the article
    • Post on my post with your Cydia Account number
    If you do not follow these guidelines, you will be disqualified and not eligible for the giveaway. Also, you must reply to my tweet/comment 24 hours after being notified that you won. Othwerise, I will re-draw winners. I will choose the winners after 24 hours of this article being live.

I will be contacting the winners from my Twitter account (@joshmtucker), Google+ profile, or Facebook.

What are your thoughts? Do you think NotificationCenter Enhancer has a chance? What things do you think could make NotificationCenter Enhancer even better? Post your thoughts below!

P.S. If you're curious about the story "The Jogging Pineapple," as displayed in the header photo, feel free to read here. I wrote it to test out this tweak - it's a good way for jailbreak writers to touch their artistic side ! It was written in five minutes without edit and completely impromptu.

Source(s): skram
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-25-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Grrrrr, I really want a jailbreak for the 4S

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rayzah_blade View Post
    There is a tethered JB if you're up for it. Also, BigBoss's semi-tethered app makes it so you can have minimal functioning even without a computer boot (make calls).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    There is a tethered JB if you're up for it. Also, BigBoss's semi-tethered app makes it so you can have minimal functioning even without a computer boot (make calls).
    That's for iOS 5. Not 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima133 View Post
    That's for iOS 5. Not 4s
    For reals? I figured it was iOS 5 in general. I haven't exactly attempted to JB mine yet, so I hadn't found out the hard way. You just saved me the trouble, lol.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

For reals? I figured it was iOS 5 in general. I haven't exactly attempted to JB mine yet, so I hadn't found out the hard way. You just saved me the trouble, lol.
    Lol. Yeah. Same reason why there is no jb for the iPad 2.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzah_blade View Post

Grrrrr, I really want a jailbreak for the iPad2

lol, but what can we do anyways? I'm quite sure that the dev teams are working really hard even right now to JB 4S and iPad2 as we speak. Truly appreciate their work, and very eagerly waiting for the release

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xNEOxGENESISx View Post
    Grrrrr, I really want a jailbreak for the iPad2

lol, but what can we do anyways? I'm quite sure that the dev teams are working really hard even right now to JB 4S and iPad2 as we speak. Truly appreciate their work, and very eagerly waiting for the release
    I'll be dead honest, iOS 5 is pretty nice. Granted, my first experience with it is on an A5 device, but it's really fluid. I considered not JBing. But then I stopped taking crazy pills for a day and regained my senses.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

I'll be dead honest, iOS 5 is pretty nice. Granted, my first experience with it is on an A5 device, but it's really fluid. I considered not JBing. But then I stopped taking crazy pills for a day and regained my senses.
    My 3GS ran ios 5 sense June
    For the most part smooth sailing
    Pretty quick too 80-140mb of ram

Makes me laugh when someone sells an open source product
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 10-25-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks

send me that email please! haha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

QuickClear adds one tap clearing if anyone is looking for just that feature. It's free as well: QuickClear on ModMyI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
    send me that email please! haha
    The story link is listed at the bottom of the article.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    completely off subject; but i need some help. I just downloaded a theme of cydia, but winterboard is theming everything except for what's in the folder com.apple.springboard. Im running iOS 5 on iPod touch 4th generation. it did theme at first, i did a respring and then it stopped

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got my iPad 2 and typing with it right now, and I defenitely was not planning on jailbreaking however many people say if I wanted to I couldn't. Is that true? iPad 2 has no jailbreak?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

So... If I am not a Twit, Facebooked, or Gaggled+, I can't enter to win?! Sounds like prejudice to me! GOOD THING it's only 99 cents!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    So... If I am not a Twit, Facebooked, or Gaggled+, I can't enter to win?! Sounds like prejudice to me! GOOD THING it's only 99 cents!
    Good thing there's an open source version...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't find this in cydia.

Thanks

That story is funny...lol