Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Father of the iPod Changing the World of Home Thermostats

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"I just jailbroke my thermostat!" xD

The ad is so Apple like, it would have been so much nicer if it had the Apple logo also Siri implementation would have been great. "Siri, set temperature to 72 half an hour before i get home"

Also i think that the soundtrack was made in GarageBand on an ipad2
    Last edited by RobertZama; 10-26-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks

A step too far methinks get a life, guys. As for the beta tester.. is that your claim to fame? Leave it out, mate. Beta tester for a digital thermostat, I can trump that.. I was a beta tester for my mamas milk

whatever happened to long johns & comfy pj's?! i don't use my thermostat at all! saves more than just a bundle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme84 View Post

I was apart of the beta test team. It truly is amazing how easy this is to use and the difference it makes for saving energy. This is the coolest thing I've gotten to beta test and is now even cooler knowing that an engineer from apple is the one that made it. I'll definitely be using these in automation systems I install for a living. Only thing I hope they develop are sensors for other rooms for detecting whether your home or not and the ability to communicate between more than one unit in a home.
    Last I read they do communicate with each other and you can have more than one in the house in different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaryya View Post
    a step too far methinks Get a life, guys. As for the beta tester.. Is that your claim to fame? Leave it out, mate. Beta tester for a digital thermostat, i can trump that.. I was a beta tester for my mamas milk :d
    no, u!

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    jailbreak team, here we come!

This is nothing new. I have the 3M50 by filterete that I control with my iPhone over my homes wifi. It was only 100 bucks also.

Wifi Thermostat from Filtrete | The Home Depot - Model#: 3M-50

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MANOWARę View Post
    This is nothing new. I have the 3M50 by filterete that I control with my iPhone over my homes wifi. It was only 100 bucks also.

Wifi Thermostat from Filtrete | The Home Depot - Model#: 3M-50
    While the one you mention can be controlled by wi-fi it has nowhere's near the features that Nest has. I can see why the Filtrete is only $100. It doesn't really compare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12